• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Your Favorite Tuners/Users of Specific Vocals?

Sep 21, 2019
Just curious who everyone's favorite users are for the synths they like!

Here are mine:
Deco*27 and Wowaka uses of Miku are ones I just love--also Police Piccadilly does an amazing job, too!!
Nem, Syphn, and sometimes Orebanana-P. I love that Nem uses Len's low-range and uses him in Jazz-type music--I feel like he doesn't get used that often in that range or genre but I just LOVE the way he sounds. Syphn also does a wonderful job tuning his ACT1 and English and makes him sound very expressive--I'm always impressed! Also Orebanana is one I like, but it greatly varies on the song (Bring it On is one of my faves)
Neru, Orebanana, and Wonderful Opportunity (both Jesus-P and Minus-P) easily. I just love the way Neru uses Rin, especially for songs like Lost One's Weeping, Tokyo Teddy Bear and Jailbreak. As for Orebanana, I love their usage of Rin in Bring it On--easily a favorite. And WanOpo has very nice way of using both Kagamines--the tuning feels very simple but also very smooth and nice. (I don't have any examples for Minus rn, but here's one of my favorites tuned by Jesus-P!
Call me biased if you want, but I really like Tanjiro Taidana's tuning of Teto. I can't tell you what is I like about it exactly, but I really like it. (I'll stop there or this'll turn into four page essay about how great I think his covers are, haha). That's pretty much it because I don't really know or follow many Teto "users".
Tanjiro Taidana (again, haha) and Shima. And me //shot
Tanjiro does a very good job making Tei sound very beautiful and realistic, while Shima generally makes Tei sound very nice (also I like that she uses Tei in a variety of different songs/genres!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ---
Sep 21, 2019
Oh wow!! That Len cover is amazing!! Also I'm so silly--I completely forgot to list Police Piccadilly as one of my favorite Miku tuners even tho I was just raving about them a few weeks back! I always wonder how people who tune Vocaloids the way Rin and Len are tuned in the covers you shared do it--I'd love to give that style a try sometime!!

• Love
Reactions: ---

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
i dont listen to a huge variation of vocaloids but ill list the ones i hear consistently enough to remember the tuning i like!

For Miku, id say i like Pinocchiop a lot. his style with her voice isnt really aim for realism or tons of expression, buts its a sound ive come to love as its recognizable. they go between miku's softer bank and miku's more solid/strong sound, both of which i like how he uses. it feels like just the right amount of 'robotic-ness' but with enough emotion for me to feel it in the songs.

I have listened to so many artists using Flower, i definitely know what i do and dont like at this point. but i have a few to list that stand out to me!
Delta's tuning stood out to me the first time i heard them. they push flower with V5's breathiness parameter to get a whispery sound and i like to see someone who actually tries to use that parameter on her cuz i dont hear it much.

Hiiragi Kirai is another who does seem to push some V5 parameters as well and they just sound SO good. i dont even mind their tendency to use high gen, their tuning for flower is just well done.

Teary Planet, while i love the above i feel Teary Planet keeps that very classic flower sound, not manipulating her voice way too much past what it sounds like but damn, the falsetto and power they get in her voice is so good.
and an honorable mention, as this artist (if i recall) hasnt really tuned flower since, but this was one of the first flower songs i really fell in love with

i was reminded of this tuner who i very much enjoy how they use a number of loids, but their use of Oliver and Len comes to mind first. Magpie. i think Oliver is interesting and their tuning really shows the potential in such a voice! their tuning has inspired me a lot in general.

one specific tuner again, but they were the one that inspired me to tune Gacha on low and i cannot stop since i did it. ive seen more people tuning like this with gachapoid as of late but wanted to point attention to the person who at least for me, made me want to do it too.

Last edited:

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Ooh, I have some.

Tiara: She achieved a deeper, more emotional tone with Miku that I have rarely encountered since.

Takaoka Mizuki: Super emotional covers, and they've used Rikka too.

Ciel: 1st Place regularly commissioned them to tune Jin songs instead of Jin, which says it all.

Can't go a tuning thread without mentioning Creuzer

Last edited:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Ooh, how fun!!

(I know, I know, I'm basic.)

(Patuk's usages of her are also lovely, so I hope to one day tag her here when she uploads those covers!)

i was reminded of this tuner who i very much enjoy how they use a number of loids, but their use of Oliver and Len comes to mind first. Magpie. i think Oliver is interesting and their tuning really shows the potential in such a voice! their tuning has inspired me a lot in general.
Holy crap, I love Magpie! They made a VSQx for Flower Funeral Song that I've been unsuccessfully trying to hunt down for years now.

Sep 21, 2019
fjkhjfjgbk I was not expecting to see myself in here:lapis_ani_lili: I was thinking "oh, I wonder which Tei tuner Peaches is going to say she likes", and felt really honored when I saw myself there!! Thank you, Peaches! You flatter me, ahahaha! :sukonetei_smile_lili::kokone_lili:
Also I love Yunosuke's tuning as well! One of my favorites by them is easily Loop Memory!
Also Patuk if you see this I really hope you upload/share your Tei covers--I would LOVE to hear them!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ___ and peaches2217

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
I can't remember if I used to like Miku Dark x Kaito Soft, but I know that after hearing many covers of them done by Eaver I love them together, they blend so well to me. They also do Miku Solid x Kaito Straight ( I wonder if Kaito Power had ever happened, if that would have replaced Straight, but who knows.)

There is so many covers I could show off done by Eaver, but I settled with this one. :clara_ani_lili:

I recently discovered this amazing cover done for Arsloid, loved how he made Arsloid so emotional at times. :mirai_ani_lili:

willowispembers has a few good Arsloid covers that I like! I mostly love this one the most, low range Arsloid, a delicious meal to listen to. :meiko_ani_lili:The song also makes me think of Arsmagna dance cover of Plus boy. :clara_ani_lili:

This cover done by Kaitsuko-P that used Arsloid Soft is the best, and I think the really the only one that used Arsloid Soft so well. :midorizakikasumi_lili:

I remember when I had done a test of Arsloid Core vs Soft Cover test and actually like his Soft bank than to later see this cover come out. A sign from above I haven't made any covers for his Soft bank, but it would cool to make it emotional as this cover had done to me when I first heard it~ :kokone_lili::arsloid_smile_lili:

Probably do some for Rin/Len English, but that's it from me tonight. :rin_rylitah::len_rylitah:

Reactions: morrysillusion

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
Holy crap, I love Magpie! They made a VSQx for Flower Funeral Song that I've been unsuccessfully trying to hunt down for years now.
oh yes, i love when they release vsqxs, i used to analyze the hell out of them when i was newer to tuning. you know, ill have to see if i have that file, i know i downloaded a number of them way back. so i may pm you if i find something! i definitely remember downloading that one.

• Love
Reactions: peaches2217

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
I have to say that Deco is def my favorite Miku producer! as well as KZ-Livetune, the way the vocals sound robotic,,,,,,me likey jbhzsfjas

As for Rin and Len, despite not being favorite vocals, PLAMA does a really good job at using him! In fact, he makes Yukari and Miku sound good too!

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
I am really not a Piko fan, but high pitched Piko can sound really good. I especcialy like how Hasu Kei uses him

Anything by Omoi is great, but I like the tuning in this song in pirticular
It sounds very calming

I really like that SignalP makes Yukari sound so deep an emotional

A lot of the times Iroha sounds really... flat? But here she's very emotional Also I like when Iroha is used for enka

Once again, very emotional

There is nothing in pirticular I lie about those 2

Its like an Utau port for her, I really like how robotic and angry she sounds here

This is probably the reason I fell in love with Nemu
Mod note: edited to include trigger warning

I am really not a Piko fan, but high pitched Piko can sound really good. I especcialy like how Hasu Kei uses him

Anything by Omoi is great, but I like the tuning in this song in pirticular
It sounds very calming

I really like that SignalP makes Yukari sound so deep an emotional

A lot of the times Iroha sounds really... flat? But here she's very emotional Also I like when Iroha is used for enka

Once again, very emotional

There is nothing in pirticular I lie about those 2

Its like an Utau port for her, I really like how robotic and angry she sounds here

This is probably the reason I fell in love with Nemu
Mod note: edited to include trigger warning
I am great at doing spoilers 1625347114875.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)