• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Your Favorite UTAUloids?

Sep 21, 2019
I thought it might be fun to create a thread where people can share their favorite UTAUloids! Seemed like a fun discussion and it might help others (like myself, lol) discover new UTAUloids they've never heard of. So who are some of your favorites?

Here's my few in no specific order:

She's my absolute favorite in terms of voice and design. She's an absolute joy to tune and I like how easy it is to adapt her voice to different genres! Her voice sounds so lovely when paired with well-done tuning a vibrato (and also, if you use moresampler). Her design is just so lovely (and fun to draw); like, I know it's supposed to be unoriginal, but I couldn't care less. A nice design is a nice design as far as I care. (She's fabulous and you can't convince me of otherwise.) (But, her personality, though. Good lord, why?)
She's special to me since she's the first synth I ever worked with. I also like her because she can sing such a variety of genres (and also her Sakebi bank is amazing, I just... hjdhjdhjhdjdhjd). She's got a super adorable design, too!

Reactions: peaches2217

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
First of all, Defoko fans are super valid! I like the other Aquestalk voices imported into UTAU too (like Defosuke/man2).
My favorite UTAUs ever are probably Soboroppoino, TYPE A, and Kevin Futarine!! They're kinda all over the place in terms of voice types/aesthetics but thats because my tastes are hahahaa
He has a pretty high voice, but I love the calm, clear nature of it.
He got a major redesign recently, but he has an English voicebank too and I made a cover with it a while back. Trust me, I've used dozens of English UTAUs, and I've found few as gorgeous and easy to use as TYPE A's.
He was an extremely niche UTAU I only found by randomly searching Bowlroll one day. How lucky I was....he has a voice reminiscent of VY2, but a bit higher. His range is really versatile though! The voicebank is rough around the edges but I still love working with it to this day! I'm also one of the only people who uses him...
Kevin is an older French UTAU who I loved when I first got into UTAU!(He made me want to download the program actually)
He has 10 or so voicebanks in Japanese, French, and English, I really love his recent Arpasing!
(Yes, I made this one :sonika_lili:)

When it comes to female voices, there's just....a Lot that I feel the same way about ("yeah, she's neat") and none that are as special to me as these 3.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I know next to nothing about UTAUs outside of the big-names, but I remembered hearing one I liked in one of those "Voca/UTAUloids singing the Wii theme music" videos, and that led me to a cover of Donut Hole by that vocal: in my attempt to track it down, I found a few more from that vocal group I liked!

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Denka Sen's always been my favorite UTAU, ever since I first heard him in 2013!

he's so good and i wish people used him more. There are a lot of covers I really like with him but since I don't want to go overboard with embedding I'll limit myself to just two aha
(This one uses his Sasayaki/Whisper bank!)

I've also really taken a liking to Kyone Killy lately, even though he's actually not a voicetype I'd typically enjoy. I really do like listening to him, though!

Aside from these two, I don't tend to listen to many UTAU orz. There are a handful I definitely appreciate as well such as Yamine Renri, Gahata Meiji, Ritsu, etc., but these two are my ultimate faves!

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
I had never seen/heard of a full cover using Kaji Yumir before I looked again for the sake of this thread JSSEIDKMXMD I’m so happy
Blood/violence warning wow I didn't watch the video the first time although I guess the title is kinda a giveaway HEH

Others I like are KYE (especially his English, shame UTAU English intimidates me), Makune Hachi (90% of why I bought Ruby probably tbh), Alternative Voice (I think this cover shows her off better but I love that song so I'm leaving the original link too sfjlks), Crina (especially her rain bank I think)... I could go on but I’ll spare you :’D

Last edited:
Reactions: TheStarPalace
Sep 21, 2019
I know next to nothing about UTAUs outside of the big-names, but I remembered hearing one I liked in one of those "Voca/UTAUloids singing the Wii theme music" videos, and that led me to a cover of Donut Hole by that vocal: in my attempt to track it down, I found a few more from that vocal group I liked!
That's the same place I discovered the Shiones! XD
I've had Lt downloaded for ages, but never had the chance to use her! XD

Reactions: TheStarPalace

mochagatari

Expert Mikunologist & Akaripiko Pioneer
Feb 22, 2020
mikunology.tumblr.com
Here are some of my faves!
I love Defoko's voice so much, it sounds so unique and calming and she's not even voiced by a human person! Plus I think her design is so simple but really cute (and bonus points for her color scheme being majorly made of my favorite color, purple lolol). I'm glad to see so many others here love her too > <
Momo is super cute as well! I always liked her higher/mid ranged voice, she sounds so soft and polite and she's always a joy to listen to~ she's also really fun to work with in UTAU itself (even though she can be a bit too breathy with her VCVs-) and her CV still remains one of my faves. Her design and concept is also really funny and cute, a cool little robo-maid! It's also fun seeing her dynamic with other UTAUloids in videos, especially Defoko (though admittedly I see them with a more sibling relationship than a romantic one?)
(I know her name is also spelled "Elu" but I feel "Eru" keeps the frog pun) I found out about her from an old song I saw a few years ago called "A Day in the Rain" with Yufu, and she's rose to become one of my top favorite UTAUs. Her voice is so calming and soft but unlike some other characters it's less "cute" and more simply "gentle"? I love listening to her a lot and she's also a joy to work with when making covers! Plus look. She's so adorable. Look at her rain poncho and her little froggy pin on her sidetail. I love her. (Since she's less well-known here's an example of her voice!)
I distinctly remember first seeing Tei on the old UTAU Wiki back in probably 2011 and thinking "wow! she's so cute! I love her!" and then seeing her yandere portrait and simply going "oh". XD Nonetheless she's still one of my faves and her voice is really fun to both hear and use (maybe it's just the USTs I use but whenever she sings she sounds so excited to me and it delights me every time). She's also fun to headcanon for, I like parodying her canon personality a bit when I write her for the funnies~
These four are also the four I've used the most in my own UTAU covers, I always try to fit them everywhere I can lolol (also sorry for my rantings)

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
wellll I use a lot of UTAUs so this is gonna b tough :/

LMFAO jk Merry all the way!!!!!

absolute queen i lov herrr 🥺🥺. I cannot possibly think of anything bad to say because the girl is without flaws, she's FLAWLESS. I even have her set as my default voice, she's got SO many unique banks, Toroflux & Meteor are my favourites, and her range is actually insane &&& HER FALSETTO hhhhhh. anyway yeah fav UTAU :)
favourite covers: this forever and this.
so if Merry wasn't a thing, Ruko would def be my favourite voice lol. being completely honest, I actually do like their masculine voice better than their feminine voice!!! I just like the tone of their voice and I think it's really unique, along with their pronunciation of consonants. I enjoy using their Kire bank a lot.
favourite covers: this, this n this!!
Another vipp but y'know, another voice that I use a lot a lot a lot. Ritsu's got a voice like honey. also the new (2018 ver) Kire voicebank is everything :,,( I love using voices that start out really soft and gradually get more powerful as they hit higher notes.
favourite cover: of course, this one.
yeah!!! I'm putting him in here not because I /personally/ use him all too much but I just love the way his creator (SteelEmissary) tunes him in his covers. So far, Galvan seems to only have a monopitch VCV currently released to the public, but has a multipitch that's been in progress -for a while now...-. wake me up the day his THEORY bank gets finished :( regardless, his monopitch is still really high quality and the breaths are so expressive, so it holds up in the end.
favourite covers by Steel: this & this.
She's pretty much a staple piece in everyone's voice folder but w/e i LUV her. I guess it's for a reason, she's fun to use. When I use Teto i like to add the flag g+8 to make her sound like a badass (lol) I like how it makes her sound more mature, but still herself. Not so cutesy kawaii n all... 🙃
favourite cover: THIS!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)