• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

初音ミク Magical Mirai 2020

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
The concert was amazing as expected. And Miku's end greeting was so sweet :)
I won't talk about the concert in detail as of now, since I don't want to spoil things for those who didn't watch it yet (remember the stream is going to be archived until Dec 5th for later viewing)

JGV

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
The livestream was a lot more fun than anticipated. Cranked up my headphones for the same ear piercing sound, but not quite. Not going to do a review till after the archive period ends.

Well worth the pay-per-view price. Can't wait for Tokyo Mirai livestream, waiting on info for that.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
I'm happy that you all enjoyed the sunday evening concert! ^^
even with these difficult times, Miku and Crypton proved that if you believe in something, you can realize it. There might be difficult things to climb, but life is exactly this, up and down. And with the inner strenght of the heart and soul, nothing can be too far to make.
Magical Mirai 2020 in Osaka for sure has been a bit different this year, and I missed meeting with my very very good friend Kevin (which I met for the very first time here in Osaka at Magical Mirai 2014!) and other forum friends as well, but I also realized I was in the middle of something new, different and familiar at the same time, and I did my best to cheer up with all the fans in Osaka during these 3 wonderful days(❁´◡`❁) we enjoyed and we are enjoying so much these days(*/ω\*)
It was a magical experience, and the dedication of Miku fans is really unique, I'm really grateful for everything is happened(●'◡'●)🎵🎵🎶
If you have any questions about the exhibition, the day concerts, the yesterday concerts and everything else, also about Tokyo next month, please feel free to ask me, I'll gladly answer everything :miku_winter_lili:

thank you Miku for creating such a wonderful memories, always❤❤💕💕
i will be always on your side, every single memory beloved and walk our path, together♡♡♡♡ this is how my life is meant to be♡♡♡♡

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Rolo

Watch Levius and Stan Natalia Cromwell
Sep 16, 2019
Gonna leave it at this for now but I didn’t really enjoy this year. I think past years were a lot better and it wasn’t even completely because of how the concert was done. Some of it was the strange choices made with the setlist. It just felt like you get more from PDX’s video mode than that tbh.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Gonna leave it at this for now but I didn’t really enjoy this year. I think past years were a lot better and it wasn’t even completely because of how the concert was done. Some of it was the strange choices made with the setlist. It just felt like you get more from PDX’s video mode than that tbh.
thank you for your message, and I'm sorry that you didn't really enjoy compared to previous years. The concert staff always do their best to select songs of different genres, producers, years and that could please everyone. What part or choices you didn't like in particular? Please keep in mind that there were some songs setlist changes between saturday and sunday concerts (below I post the complete setlist), and the theme of this year is summer festival (for Osaka) and winter festival (for Tokyo), so most of the songs have been chosen with that in mind. Also, there were rules to always wear a mask, not shout between songs and the seats had a limited number (less than 50%), so they organized 3 concerts each day in order to make more fans enjoy the live. When you think about all the conditions, it is great that they could do everything without any problem. To Miku, all the staff and fans, only words of gratitude :miku_chickadee:

太陽デスコ
ハイパーリアリティショウ
YY(19式ミク)
(MC)
シャボン(アンビヴァレンツ)
Gimme×Gimme(ロッキンストーン&バーニングストーン)
みかぼし(ミステリアス・バタフライ)
まるいうなばら
(MEIKO15周年)
(大阪一日目)nostalogic(ブルークリスタル)
(大阪二日目)change me(スカーレット)
Amazing Dolce(ストロベリーウィッチ&パティシエグレーテル&パティシエヘンゼル)
君と僕のレゾナンス
(着座)
完全性コンプレックス(V2)
(バンメン紹介)
(大阪一日目)秘密警察(ミクパモデル)
(大阪二日目)アンノウンマザーグース(ESPギター装備)
初音ミクの激唱(ミクパ∞)
キミペディア(20式リンレン)
セカイ
(大阪一日目)39みゅーじっく
(大阪二日目)Hand in Hand
(アンコール代わりの待ち時間)
命に嫌われている。
(MC)
愛されなくても君がいる(マジミラ2020)

Reactions: Rolo

Rolo

Watch Levius and Stan Natalia Cromwell
Sep 16, 2019
I appreciate your reply magical miku I don’t wanna bring the thread down with too much complaining so I won’t drag on about what I didn’t like. I think I really just missed a lot of the hype, the setlist was a little dull but I know they couldn’t do too many “cheer songs” and whatnot since people can’t cheer. I am a bit curious as to why they didn’t do
jitterbug as one of the songs though. It would’ve been perfect for Meiko’s anniversary especially since they were going to do a song by Hachiya anyway. But maybe next year
I do think the staff did the best they could in this situation, it’s just been quite a year ahaha. One thing I did like though was Kimipedia that was a really cute and fun choice and I hope that means we’ll see kimipedia in the diva games soon, I liked the amount of costumes too they definitely tried to use more costumes for everyone this year so that was nice. And the song distribution is getting better, even with such a short concert they’re still making sure everyone gets at least one song.

Reactions: MagicalMiku

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I enjoyed the concert! If there was any one complaint I had, it was just that I thought Miku's R2 module didn't come across as well this year as it did last year--the shape of her face looked more different from her usual model this year than it seemed to look to me last year. There was so much good stuff going on, though. Those views from behind the singers were really "wow" moments, and it was great how CFM put the effort into putting the videos of people at home into the crowd or on the side screens. There were also a number of songs that I really enjoyed, though I only knew about 5 standbys by name--the others were all new, and I think that's great, too, since it'll keep the concerts fresh. MEIKO's first song and KAITO's song were standouts, IMO. I also loved the interactions between Miku and the band, i.e. in that one song where she was walking around and sitting/putting her feet on the speakers (or maybe they're lights), and the guitarists were looking up at her. That kind of thing makes it feel like they're really just different performers working together.

I hope they stream the Tokyo concert also. I'm also eagerly awaiting being able to get the concert video on DVD/Blu-Ray, though I don't think you can pre-order from CDJapan yet, at least.

Nezuh

Official Piko Husband
Apr 17, 2018
Argentina
www.youtube.com
omg lol
It's so ironic that they finished (before the encore, but still) with Hand in Hand. I mean, I get it. I really love that song too. But it feels so wrong
Also, is it true that the public is mostly in silent as a preventive measure for COVID?
I didn't attend any events during this time, so I don't know anything about that.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
omg lol
It's so ironic that they finished (before the encore, but still) with Hand in Hand. I mean, I get it. I really love that song too. But it feels so wrong
Also, is it true that the public is mostly in silent as a preventive measure for COVID?
I didn't attend any events during this time, so I don't know anything about that.
Yep, the crowd is entirely silent, in addition to everyone in the audience (as far as I could see) wearing a mask. Which was honestly amazing to me, that they could all stay that uniformly disciplined. So normal behaviors/Mirai traditions like call-outs during/between songs, acknowledging Miku during band introduction, screaming for the encore, didn't happen.

On the other hand, I can't remember hearing people clap (unless directed to) during the previous Mirais I've seen (They usually cheer/wave glow sticks.), and clapping seemed to be used in place of cheering this year. So in that way, while I had a similar thought as you at first, and hand-washing is important in preventing COVID, I actually thought Hand in Hand was kind of appropriate, especially considering the song also sort of brings to mind people working together and taking care of each other (Which has, in some respects, been difficult to get people to do sometimes....).

Last edited:

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
in previous Mirai and Snow Miku concerts, fans clap usually at the end and for the most outstanding and moving songs, I always clap when the song made me cry and felt so precious memory, is also more natural to clap instead of shouting during the most moving and emotional songs :miku_winter_lili:
and yes, main rule was to wear a mask and not shouting during the whole concert and exhibition, more than 50% of seats were not available to sit but you could put on the free seats your goods bags and your plushies, also it was nice that there was more "room" for playing with the glowsticks. It actually reminded me of Snow Miku concerts, where there aren't many people as Magical Mirai, so is a more intimate atmosphere. All the Miku speeches were so sweet and warming, and Hand in Hand as final song was a message that together we can do everything, even during these difficult times. This Magical Mirai will be remembered as one of the deepest, that really leaves you something. I'm also glad they positively talked about the whole concerts and exhibition on TV and newspapers of both Osaka and Tokyo. I'm really happy, really really :miku_winter_lili::miku_winter_lili::miku_ani_lili::miku_ani_lili::miku_chickadee::miku_chickadee::miku_rylitah::miku_rylitah:

Last edited:

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
@MagicalMiku
Thanks for the kind words. Hope dearly we can meet again 2021 in Japan... if they announce Mirai for August (already have a flight booked lol) and sell tickets for foreigners again. Hopefully they will announce it at the end of the final Tokyo concert?
I watched the stream live in Dublin (you know what that means xd) and while it was weird and a bit sad, it was still enjoyable.
Unfortunately, we had some issues on playback, sometimes the stream stopped, even though we have perfect internet here so yeah that was annoying considering it was a paid stream. Always had to refresh to fix the issue.

The setlist itself was nice, so much new stuff, I bet they will bring quite a bit back next year since not as many people got to see it live. It was sad to see no cheering but crazy how diciplined everybody actually followed that rule.
Well, I don't know... I understand it was "special" but comparing it to other years, it was still not as great imo. I also felt the stage layout was not as interesting?
Still, glad they were able to hold the event at all.

I see the Bluray has a release date but I can't find the entry on Amazon JP yet, usually it was the case. Did I miss it somewhere?

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
@39dearMIKU: I noticed that many of the links on the DVD/Blu Ray page shown at the end of the concert didn't go to working listings on the sellers' websites. I guess maybe those sellers haven't started offering the videos yet? I think the AmiAmi one was working, though, if you want to purchase from there.

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Definitely not, if I can help it I would always choose Amazon JP, only they take care of Customs which results in much quicker delivery and no absurdly high charges by my stupid government afterward. LOL xd

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
for the amazon JP pre-order, here is the link to pre-order the Limited Edition Blu-Ray with 2 Blu-Ray, the limited calendar 2021-2022 and the extra size jacket :miku_rylitah: :miku_ani_lili:

【Amazon.co.jp限定】初音ミク「マジカルミライ2020」 [Blu-ray 限定盤] [2Blu-ray] (W特典 / Amazon.co.jp限定特典 : 「マジカルミライ 2020」 MATSURIオリジナルカレンダー (2021.4〜2022.3) & メガジャケ 付)

I would like to note that the limited edition has included in the second disc the extra songs played exclusively in Osaka, and the main disc concert will feature the full evening concert on the last day in Tokyo :miku_chickadee: :miku_winter_lili:

Last edited:
Reactions: mobius017

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
for the amazon JP pre-order, here is the link to pre-order the Limited Edition Blu-Ray with 2 Blu-Ray, the limited calendar 2021-2022 and the extra size jacket :miku_rylitah: :miku_ani_lili:

【Amazon.co.jp限定】初音ミク「マジカルミライ2020」 [Blu-ray 限定盤] [2Blu-ray] (W特典 / Amazon.co.jp限定特典 : 「マジカルミライ 2020」 MATSURIオリジナルカレンダー (2021.4〜2022.3) & メガジャケ 付)

I would like to note that the limited edition has included in the second disc the extra songs played exclusively in Osaka, and the main disc concert will feature the full evening concert on the last day in Tokyo :miku_chickadee: :miku_winter_lili:
For some reason searching for Magical Mirai 2020 (in Katakana) still gives me 0 results.
Your link works, but for some reason it says it can not be shipped to my location (Germany)?
This is really weird because it seems to be sold and shipped by Amazon JP themselves, and for like 5 years or more I always ordered (and pre-ordered) the Blurays and other stuff from there to the exact same location with no issues.
Any ideas why? :-(

EDIT: The limited edition for 2019 for example I just checked, same situation sold and shipped by Amazon, ships to my location just fine. Is it maybe an error in the system because it is a pre-order? In any event I really don't find the listing even if I search for it manually, as I said. Hopefully this will be fixed, I wanna pre-order as usual.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
For some reason searching for Magical Mirai 2020 (in Katakana) still gives me 0 results.
Your link works, but for some reason it says it can not be shipped to my location (Germany)?
This is really weird because it seems to be sold and shipped by Amazon JP themselves, and for like 5 years or more I always ordered (and pre-ordered) the Blurays and other stuff from there to the exact same location with no issues.
Any ideas why? :-(

EDIT: The limited edition for 2019 for example I just checked, same situation sold and shipped by Amazon, ships to my location just fine. Is it maybe an error in the system because it is a pre-order? In any event I really don't find the listing even if I search for it manually, as I said. Hopefully this will be fixed, I wanna pre-order as usual.
mm.. my guess is that the product code I linked is limited to Japan: I actually got the link because my Amazon JP is set in japanese and with my japanese address, and I tried to set it in English and international shipping, and no search result, so don't worry is only a matter of time that they need to update everything :)
(AmiAmi has already all the products ready for pre-order because AmiAmi has always been on top in terms of pre-order)

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Yeah but as I said, AmiAmi plus DHL shipping to Germany -> they rip you off and charge you a ridiculous charge to "handle customs" so yeah, would never use that unless I have no other chance.
So I will wait and hope it will get fixed!

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Yeah but as I said, AmiAmi plus DHL shipping to Germany -> they rip you off and charge you a ridiculous charge to "handle customs" so yeah, would never use that unless I have no other chance.
So I will wait and hope it will get fixed!
just wait a bit more, don't worry ^^ also previous years AmiAmi was always first, then Amazon JP followed ^^
and yes, DHL + Amazon JP customs is so great option and convenient. it usually took only 2-3 days instead of 1 week/2 weeks of EMS ^^

JGV

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Here are my some highlights from the Osaka livestream:

I love the stage setup. The stage feels more open. With the guitarist joining Miku closer on stage. Also, I like that they tried the shorter screen as used in Bilibili Macro Link and Untitled 0 livestream.

The opening song Taiyoukei Disco just hits you like canon ball, such a great opener. It's been stuck in my head all week.

As for the latest version of the R3 module, still work in progress. I find the 2019 R3 more fluid. As for the rear shots, interesting yet didn't work for me. It looks like Miku is in a fish tank.

Finally, MEIKO gets more than 1 song. Wish I was there for Change Me :( My highlight has to be Kimipedia by Junky and the R3 Kagamine twins .

Overall, though 30 minutes short (5 songs short). Probably too short irl. It's a fun livestream, can't wait for Tokyo. With different theming and Kaito 15th Anniversary.

Next review will be probably be on the Blu-ray.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)