• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

初音ミク Magical Mirai 2020

Ceres

「会いたかった」
May 13, 2018
Ooooh, lots of new things, exciting!
When I first saw this year's design I kinda didn't register it as such since it's so early in the year! Reminds me a whole lot of Ohedo Julia Night after being performed just recently lol While I like it, in my opinion, they went a bit overboard with the colors (Also, I am the only getting tired of Miku having pink streaks in her hair...? It added a nice 'wow!' like Magical Mirai 2017 at first but I dunno, I also liker her perfectly teal hair! It's happening so often now.)
I'm looking forward to the winter design and I hope we get matching outfits for the rest of the Cryptonloids like last year's Magical Mirai, it the best decision they had! Seeing all the different (not so matching always) designs for Snow Miku really made me yearn they just decided on a single outfit for them :kaito_lili:

AND not even Rin/Len/Luka got an original new figure for their anniversaries at Mirai, were just figures they already had! So yeah probably it's just that.
Well, technically Rin and Len got their first one in 2017 which I consider their 10th anniversary year. I feel they went with that idea in mind when finally making them so they could have it before their birthday happened. I do know their 10th anniversary was properly celebrated in 2018 but I get why they wouldn't make another so soon, especially how long it took just for one.
I guess it's not the crowdfunding aspect that puts me off? But rather that when Crypton pays attention to Meiko and Kaito it comes with strings, it feels especially unfair at this point - rather than finishing their main line of character in whatever scenario Crypton always goes for alternative Mikus - which isn't a bad thing but it happens so often that it has become stale at this point.
In any case, I hope it's easy for foreigners to contribute because I want to help make it happen and have seen many english speaking fans feel the same.

Regarding having Magical Mirai twice a year: I guess I'm in the same boat that having it only once a year makes it more special. Then, I can't help but to also think about the team and all the work that goes behind it, they also deserve to rest. It could affect international concerts or at least for people that try to go as many as they can and like other people mentioned the blu-ray releases, everything would sort of be clumped together.
So, yeah, since this is an exception for the Olympics hopefully it's kept that way. If anything, have a rotation for some winter Magical Mirais every couple of years for the people that can't go during summer? But honestly Snow Miku sort of fills that void in the winter season.

Last edited:
Reactions: uncreepy

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Theme song reveal!
This year it's by Pinocchio-P, and called "Ai sarenakutemo kimi ga iru". You can hear a bit of it on this video

The website for Mirai 2020 is now up too

Some ticket info:
Domestic ticket lottery 1st round:
Feb. 21st 12:00 - Mar. 23rd 23:59 JST

Domestic ticket lottery 2nd round
Apr. 10th 12:00 - May 11th 23:59 JST

General sales (domestic)
For Osaka: starting July 4th 10:00 JST
For Tokyo: starting Nov. 14th 10:00 JST

Accommodation plan (Osaka):
Apr. 10th 12:00 - 27th 12:00 JST

The English site only says about foreign lottery that the dates are announced later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leon

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Magical Mirai 2020 Osaka theme is Natsu Matsuri (Summer Festival) :miku_lili: :miku_lili:

Magical Mirai 2020 Tokyo theme is Winter Festival (●'◡'●)

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
So exciting that the info is up so early this year and it seems tickets even for Tokyo will be available earlier than exected!!
Pinocchio-P is a nice choice too, I hope he can capture the theme of last 2 years theme songs, that were so fitting for a live venue.

Funny how natsu maturi is in Japanese but winter festival in English. What's wrong with fuyu matsuri? xd I suppose they think the English is cooler lol

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
So, MEG.ME is expecting a baby and taking a break from performing, so I guess we won't see her at Magical Mirai (I think we can safely assume not in Osaka, and I assume not in Tokyo either). Wonder who's going to be in her place as a keyboardist?

MEG.ME's tweets regarding this:

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
I see.
Well that is a shame since she is my fav member, and the band is important to me too, but of course that is more important! Wish her well!
Keyboard hasn't had a different member in quite a while, wonder if they will have an all new member or bring back somebody (I really liked the keyboardist from 2014 too!)?

Reactions: mobius017

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
I really liked the keyboardist from 2014 too ^^ !
she should come back!! ^^
meg.me is very skilled and technical, but the keyboardist from 2014 was putting more passion into the notes , just listen to Last Night Good Night of Magical Mirai 2014 in Osaka (and in Tokyo was even more moving..<3 ) ❤🎀

or.. call back the legendary 39's!! Jun Abe!! (●'◡'●)

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
I really liked the keyboardist from 2014 too ^^ !
she should come back!! ^^
meg.me is very skilled and technical, but the keyboardist from 2014 was putting more passion into the notes , just listen to Last Night Good Night of Magical Mirai 2014 in Osaka (and in Tokyo was even more moving..<3 ) ❤🎀

or.. call back the legendary 39's!! Jun Abe!! (●'◡'●)
Wow Jun Abe, THAT would be...special! That was "before my time" of attending concerts, but of course I know the classics and...yeah!
Wonder how likely that would be. Do you have any idea what he is up to, would he still participate in things like that?
Only negative, I always had the feeling the Kanshasai's were more "serious" for the lack of a better note, the band took it like very seriously....and I know that doesn't sound bad, but Mirai on the other hand is just more...fun? The members are smiling more etc. You know what I mean?
So I wonder if that would be a good fit or not.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
yee I understand what you mean ^^
the 39's from what I know are freelancer, so they could still be available for a live performance, but I feel like that they might play again only for a special event (like it was Matsuri da Diva) and for only one time, I mean not many concerts one after another :)
I remember that for Magical Mirai 2014, there was a contest to choose the band members, so that might happen again :)

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Oh, ouch, that hurts and I'm not even going....

So no accommodation plan availability from overseas for the Osaka Mirai dates on Aug. 7 - Aug. 9. You can see why they do it, with those dates being as close as they are (Since the last reports I heard said Japan was somehow doing well with the virus, they want to keep more virus from overseas out. I wonder if the country will be closing its borders or something at some point...?), but that's for sure going to disappoint a lot of people. It doesn't say anything about the overseas lottery, but I assume that's going to be questionable at some point? Hopefully foreigners can look forward to December.

You know, there are obviously much bigger concerns in the world now than missed concerts and things, but I've had the feeling that at least in the community, 2020 will become (like elsewhere in other areas, I'd imagine) one of those things that people look back at. 3 years from now, there'll be new fans who come in, and in some discussion or other it'll come up that so-and-so was a fan back in 2020 when all that crazy stuff was happening. It's sort of this shared ordeal where everyone bleeds a little and we wind up on the other side maybe a little more tight-knit and with a hell of a memory.

So...here's to one hell of a memory~ :miku_lili:.

Reactions: MagicalMiku

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
The Japanese acc plan site says this year's special gift will be a set of 2 "balloon keyholders". The domestic acc plan application period has also been extended, it's now Apr 10th ~ May 1st.

Even though Osaka seems to become nearly foreigner-free, I'm still confident/hopeful that Tokyo will proceed normally.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Even though Osaka seems to become nearly foreigner-free, I'm still confident/hopeful that Tokyo will proceed normally.
Honestly, if Tokyo doesn't cancel (or at least reschedule) its major events, including Mirai, I'd be pretty concerned... they've officially moved the Olympics to next year, haven't they? I get the disappointment in things being thrown off-schedule, but COVID is major and serious and Tokyo is so jam-packed full of people. If a major outbreak occurred there, it'd be hell to reign in... better safe than sorry, y'know?

Reactions: MagicalMiku and ___

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Honestly, if Tokyo doesn't cancel (or at least reschedule) its major events, including Mirai, I'd be pretty concerned... they've officially moved the Olympics to next year, haven't they? I get the disappointment in things being thrown off-schedule, but COVID is major and serious and Tokyo is so jam-packed full of people. If a major outbreak occurred there, it'd be hell to reign in... better safe than sorry, y'know?
you're right, and I think they are slowly cancelling all upcoming events in general, and with Olympics officially set for July 2021, I'm sure the government will decide on strong measures in order to prevent a bad situation like in Europe or the US. I've read that the delay of Olympics have had a cost of around 8 billions of $, and if they were to cancel, then the cost would be around 50 billions, so is normal that right now they'll focus on doing the Olympics as planned, no matter what.
and about the english accomodation plan for Osaka, I think is easier for them and for the travel agency to cancel it right now, rather than make refunds later. It's just much easier for them to make refunds for japanese applications, and I hope everybody will understand this kind of situation :miku_lili:

Last edited:

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
December is still so far away that I like to believe it's way too early to assume anything. As things are now, I (stubbornly) refuse to entertain the thought of a possible cancellation.
Osaka is the bigger question mark now, it may be rescheduled to take place later in the year if things go bad, but we'll see.

In a hypothetical situation where Tokyo Mirai would be held but foreign acc plan and lottery wouldn't be done, I'd have to resort to ticket resellers. And even if upon arrival to Japan I'd have to be quarantined for 14 days I think I'd still go. Only a complete cancellation or a ban on foreign residents' entry to Japan would stop me. No way I'd miss the most important event of the year even if it meant some extra costs (within reason).

Reactions: MagicalMiku

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I get that it means a lot, but please remember: for a lot of people, things like cancellations and quarantine and crowd control are a literal matter of life and death. The concert can be rescheduled, and Miku’s not going anywhere! But traveling in the middle of a killer pandemic is just a terrible idea for all involved.

Forgive me if I sound like a broken record, but this is a ridiculously serious ordeal and I can’t stress the importance of preventative measures enough. Besides, Miku would want everyone to stay healthy!

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
this is what I meant when I said the accomodation plan cancellation was a good thing, especially to avoid the trouble of cancelling the hotel reservations:

Once a governor concludes that such measures are necessary to prevent the spread of the virus, she or he can take actions that restrict the private rights of residents.
These measures include requesting residents to avoid going out for nonessential purposes, suspending the use of a facility, and asking organizers to cancel events.
A governor can restrict the use of these and other facilities: schools, theaters, department stores, gymnasiums and hotels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)