• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

初音ミク Magical Mirai 2024

CloverTower

New Fan
Apr 4, 2024
For anyone who’s in Tokyo already or going to be there before the concert, I highly recommend going to the ikebukuro pop up store at HMV!
Just visited it and they have lots of the official merch available and in high stock amount, especially the light sticks. Today is the second day of the pop up store and the only thing that was sold out were the miku muffler towels. The exclusive HMV magical mirai peta tag and custom name sticker printer is also really nice!
Now I don’t need to worry about lining up early on the day of the concert, plus HMV has the tax-free scheme for tourists which saved me a decent chunk of money compared to buying the merch at the exhibition.
It was also neat seeing a decent amount of foreign MM attendees at the store getting the merch.

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Even having traveled to Japan so many times, I'm still not used to it enough to really "understand" Taifuns.
So it seems that the current one might even hit Chiba during the end of day 2 / night to day 3 of the event...
Is there (maybe Gabi knows more about this) any realistic chance the event would be cancelled or moved?
Considering it seems till day 2 it's fine, whay would they even do if "just" day 3 might be affected?
I'm just a bit worried, have been looking to it all year again and I can't just look forward to it because of the worrying.

Just arrived in Tokyo anyway!
Hope the event works out fine

Reactions: MagicalMiku

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
hehe thank you Kevin, and glad you arrived safely ^u^
so..I always recommend to check the official Japan Meteorological Agency website, which offers many useful info about the forecast:
another excellent website is Tenki.jp:
(for both I've already selected Chiba city)
if you look at the typhoon forecast of the JMA website, you can see it basically starts on south-west Japan, and then it travels eastward: the first red and yellow circles are smaller but have a higher typhoon strenght, so it means strong winds and lots of rain during that day (today), so likely in that area flights and trains might be delayed/cancelled and some shops closed.
typhoon.JPG
then, as you can see, the following days of the forecast show a bigger red and yellow circles, but they are much less strong,and it should reach Tokyo and Chiba area around September 2, but because the yellow circle is much bigger, it means at that time the typhoon area will have less energy, because it will cover a wider area. Typhoons in general are strong on their first day and second day (on this map, 08/28 and 08/29), then they lose energy each day ^^ red circle is center of typhoon, where it starts spinning ^^
so don't worry, looking at the forecasts, it will be fine, it seems there will be some raining on first day and second day of Magical Mirai in Tokyo, but nothing too strong. and Makuhari Messe is very safe location:miku_lili::luka_lili::len_smile_lili::rin_smile_lIlI::meiko_lili::kaito_smile_lili:
usually any kind of big event in closed space is not affected by typhoons, but there can be some delays in public transports or some shops can be closed in advance, it really depends on the city and situation. do you remember the strong thunderstorm happened during Magical Mirai 2015 in Nippon Budokan? I think it only affected a little the official shops, which closed for a few hours because it was outside,but all the event went on smoothly (and there was also electricity black-out during one concert, I remember! nice experience!)

Last edited:

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Haha that is very reassuring to here.
I translated some recent Japanese tweets and some people said "looks like the event will be cancelled" so...
Why do people say that then xd
Hope you know about it then they do!^^

Probably should stop looking at those tweets ^^

Reactions: MagicalMiku

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
I think is just twitter being twitter hehe
or because some never attended Magical Mirai before, don't have past experience, almost every years there is a typhoon happening during the event, it's normal during summer ^^
a typhoon can affect public transport, yes, and in some areas (example near the rivers) some shops can be closed for safety. always check those website for the forecast (I think JMA offers detailed forecasts also in english), and in general, typhoons can cause landslides near mountain or river flooding because of lots of rain, or strong wind can cause some damage to streets signals and so on, but cities like Tokyo and Chiba are built with those things in mind. and Makuhari Messe is made to offer any event during any period of the year.
usually main advice is just to stay inside and don't go outside during peak hours of a typhoon. close the windows of hotel or apartment, and buy foods and drinks in advance, so you don't have to go outside during typhoon (and because transport can be affected/delayed, some convenience stores and supermarket will likely have less items available)

Reactions: 39dearMIKU

JGV

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Phew, thank you for the more accurate Japan weather website.

I’m still packing my luggage and leave for the airport in a few hours. It’s good to know I can pack the clothes I intend on bringing and not over due it with rain gear. I do miss using the clear umbrella. I do remember rain back in 2019, which rained once in the morning iirc. I expect the same this year and a bit more.

Looking forward to the concert and managed to avoid any song spoilers other than what’s on the album. Also, looking forward to the Miku Expo discussion and see if there are any hints of the next location for expo.

See everyone in Tokyo/Chiba!!! ;)

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Somebody said on Twitter that Mirai 2020 in Tokyo was moved because of bad weather/taifun... was that person just reporting misinformation or did I not understand the tweet correctly? Couldn't attend back then with Covid so, no first hand experience.

Edit: LOL all worried again, there is an event at Makuhari this weekend, just Sunday though, that was cancelled because of the Taifun?? Called Japan Trans Nations. Isn't that a big concern?

Last edited:

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
as I replied to your message, I will look into it why that event was cancelled, but if it was a k-pop concert of only 1 day, then I can imagine the band members/equipments couldn't arrive in time because surely some flights are being cancelled/delayed/moved to other airports in the next few days.
Magical Mirai, being both live concert and exhibition during 3 days, has things prepared much more in advance (1~2 weeks in advance), and depending on the weather, maybe they could limit the same-day sales of exhibition tickets, or some live concerts could have some little changes about the starting time, but they'll decide on a day-by-day basis, I mean first they'll decide about day 1, then day 2 and then day 3. for now, all seems ok and also the weather forecast seems ok for Tokyo/Chiba area. the organizers have lot of flexibility about what to do because they have 3 days for the event, compared to an event of 1 day.

and what? no no ^-^ for Magical Mirai 2020, only Osaka was moved from August to November, but it was for different situation (government guidelines stopped any kind of public events in summer), in Tokyo there was no change, and there is no typhoon in winter. typhoons happen during summer because of the warm ocean surface that make them possible, that's why also typhoons start on the sea, and gradually lose strength as soon as they are on the land, because no more warm humidity from the ocean ^^

to check latest news on weather, I recommend to check those 2 websites I posted earlier, and you can also check latest news from NHK:

Last edited:

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
exactly ^-^ not confirmed yet (the 2025 url gives back a cute 404 error image) because there is Osaka show in October, so they'll probably announce it on the 3rd evening live concert (that maybe will have a paid live stream ticket, maybe) :miku_ani_lili::luka_lili::len_smile_lili::rin_smile_lIlI::kaito_smile_lili::meiko_ani_lili:
the blu-ray/dvd is about the Tokyo concert, but the extra disc will have a chapter about Fukuoka event (which was incredible,because the event was on different floors, and all Fukuoka was themed about Magical Mirai💕🎁🎈)

Last edited:
Reactions: ElectricMiku25

MaxWolf3900

New Fan
May 16, 2024
exactly ^-^ not confirmed yet (the 2025 url gives back a cute 404 error image) because there is Osaka show in October, so they'll probably announce it on the 3rd evening live concert (that maybe will have a paid live stream ticket, maybe) :miku_ani_lili::luka_lili::len_smile_lili::rin_smile_lIlI::kaito_smile_lili::meiko_ani_lili:
the blu-ray/dvd is about the Tokyo concert, but the extra disc will have a chapter about Fukuoka event (which was incredible,because the event was on different floors, and all Fukuoka was themed about Magical Mirai💕🎁🎈)
So the livestream hasn’t been announced yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)