• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

初音ミク Magical Mirai 2024

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Magical Mirai 2024 exhibition details and map, life size statues, PokeMiku Project Voltage collaboration, info important(●'◡'●)🎁🎈

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com

People are NOT happy with this, understandably, as this punishes foreigners extra hard that just want to see the concert and had no other way of getting tickets. Also comments point out how this was announced way late and that there is no official way for foreigners to sell their tickets at all.
Yeah, you should do something about scalpers, this is NOT the way.
Relieved I only got "legit" tickets, but this could be very bad for lots of fans... imagine traveling all the way and being refused entry. Just awful.

Reactions: WyndReed

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
I understand why some might be not happy, but this kind of ID check has been active for already some years (for sure from 2020), and they always wrote both on the official website and on the ticket service website that there might be ID check upon entry for the tickets.
for example, the lottery webpage has this written:
  • Your name will be printed on the tickets.
  • Please note that applications for profit-making or reselling purposes are prohibited.
and from Magical Mirai 2023 official website:
-When purchasing tickets, you will be asked to register your personal information. If you purchase multiple tickets, you will also be asked to register the personal information of your companions. Thank you for your cooperation.
-We may ask you to verify your identity, so please be sure to bring your ID with you.
i'm sorry, but if people don't carefully read all the rules, it's their fault. it was written from the beginning and on previous years website too. and buying from scalper is always a bad thing, they know it
people shouldn't buy tickets from scalpers, and they should try to understand that is not always possible to get a ticket. that happens to japanese fans too, and many fans are still happy to go to the exhibition and enjoy all the nice atmosphere.
Also, ticket re-selling outside the official channels and at higher prices is prohibited by law, so the organizers have to follow the law and apply the ID check for the tickets.
For foreigners, as well as for japanese fans, is possible to get a ticket in various ways: lottery (and this year there have been many rounds of ticket lottery), accomodation plan, re-selling ticket search on the official ticket service, and the general sale (where you can buy directly from a convenience store ticket machine). Getting at least one ticket from these ways is very possible, but of course it becomes more difficult (or more expensive, in case of accomodation plan) to try to get as many tickets as possible. People should be happy with what they already have, they'll enjoy the event more. I know some japanese fans that are perfectly happy with only one live ticket, or even without one, and still enjoy a lot all the exhibition and the various events ^-^

Last edited:

CloverTower

New Fan
Apr 4, 2024
I understand why some might be not happy, but this kind of ID check has been active for already some years (for sure from 2020), and they always wrote both on the official website and on the ticket service website that there might be ID check upon entry for the tickets.
for example, the lottery webpage has this written:

and from Magical Mirai 2023 official website:

i'm sorry, but if people don't carefully read all the rules, it's their fault. it was written from the beginning and on previous years website too. and buying from scalper is always a bad thing, they know it
people shouldn't buy tickets from scalpers, and they should try to understand that is not always possible to get a ticket. that happens to japanese fans too, and many fans are still happy to go to the exhibition and enjoy all the nice atmosphere.
Also, ticket re-selling outside the official channels and at higher prices is prohibited by law, so the organizers have to follow the law and apply the ID check for the tickets.
For foreigners, as well as for japanese fans, is possible to get a ticket in various ways: lottery (and this year there have been many rounds of ticket lottery), accomodation plan, re-selling ticket search on the official ticket service, and the general sale (where you can buy directly from a convenience store ticket machine). Getting at least one ticket from these ways is very possible, but of course it becomes more difficult (or more expensive, in case of accomodation plan) to try to get as many tickets as possible. People should be happy with what they already have, they'll enjoy the event more. I know some japanese fans that are perfectly happy with only one live ticket, or even without one, and still enjoy a lot all the exhibition and the various events ^-^
I certainly appreciate the lottery system MM uses to prevent scalping (just look at this year’s Miku Expo fiasco as an example of why first come first serve sales are a bad idea). That said, I agree with what 39dearMiku and others in the twitter replies are saying and I think you’ve missed the crux of what the problem is. The problem here isn’t that the ID checks exist, it’s that there are no official avenues for foreign ticket holders to resell or pass on any spare tickets they have to others.

Japanese residents have the option of reselling tickets via the official resale ticket service on Pia. This option simply doesn’t exist for foreigners. If you’re a foreigner who won multiple lotteries and have spare tickets you want to sell at an equal price or simply give away to friends/family then you are completely out of luck, because ID checks tie the tickets to your passport and you have absolutely zero methods of transferring ownership of tickets to another person.

ID checks are a good idea provided that everyone, including foreigners, have the means to officially transfer ticket ownership at an equal price. As things stand, it’s pretty unfair for foreign ticket holders and also unnecessarily wasteful, any spare tickets that foreigners have are now essentially going to waste and will be empty seats in the concert, empty seats that could have been passed on to other miku fans who didn’t manage to win any tickets or missed out.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
I know I know, but the whole ticket system in Japan is completely different from overseas, and it's already a good thing that there are some options for foreigners, such as lottery ticket and accomodation plan, to get a ticket.
and because most scalpers are from outside Japan (because if you're in Japan and try to resell ticket illegally, you'll get to pay a lot to the police and might even go to jail, the new law against reselling is very severe), ticket agencies try to avoid that.
also, ID check is something requested by law, so the organizers have to follow that.
And if you know japanese, you have a japanese phone number and a japanese credit card, you can still use both the general sale online and the official reselling system, even if you are a foreigner.
Or as a foreigner, you can go to Japan some weeks before and buy the ticket during the general sale period from the convenience store ticket machines.
Magical Mirai is a japanese event that take place in Japan, and so is normal that most of the services are offered only in japanese. All foreigners that complain, should understand that. And no, spare tickets is not a good excuse, when you apply for lottery or accomodation plan the website always write to carefully plan how many tickets you want to buy/apply for.
from the lottery official webpage:
-Please make sure to apply for the show you are able to pay for and attend, as more than one show may be selected.
-Any "undo" or "cancellation" after submission of applications and any amendments in the content after the completion of application acceptance will not be accepted.
If people can't read the rules and just do what they want, buy illegal tickets and then they complain that they want refund, i'm sorry that those are not good people.
again, is possible for anybody to apply to the official reselling ticket service and the general sale, both online and convenience store ticket machines (in this case you can pay by cash, don't need japanese credit card). you can also buy tickets from various ticket travel agencies around Japan (no need for japanese phone number and can pay by cash), and whenever there is a paid livestream of a concert, there is option also for foreigners to buy a ticket for it.
If the main complaint is about foreigners want a reselling system in english, no, that is not going to happen because as I said before, most scalpers are from outside Japan, and people should just learn to read the rules and carefully plan how many tickets they can afford to buy and attend. No mistakes, no spare tickets. It's simple.
I totally understand that sometimes a group of friends might decide to share some tickets, but because the rules are strict and in general, tickets are not refundable, is better that from next time, anybody that plans to attend one concert make only one application, the one is sure to attend. If i'm not mistaken, both accomodation plan and lottery give you the option to apply for 2 tickets per performance, so you can have a ticket for you and for your friend. just don't make multiple applications of tickets that you are not sure to attend, it's a waste of money and an empty seat. if you are a group a friend, always make good plans in advance and divide the group into smaller groups of 1-2 people and then decide how many ticket you can apply for.

Last edited:
Reactions: InstallGentoo

CloverTower

New Fan
Apr 4, 2024
And if you know japanese, you have a japanese phone number and a japanese credit card, you can still use both the general sale online and the official reselling system, even if you are a foreigner.
Or as a foreigner, you can go to Japan some weeks before and buy the ticket during the general sale period from the convenience store ticket machines.
Magical Mirai is a japanese event that take place in Japan, and so is normal that most of the services are offered only in japanese.
is possible for anybody to apply to the official reselling ticket service and the general sale, both online and convenience store ticket machines (in this case you can pay by cash, don't need japanese credit card). you can also buy tickets from various ticket travel agencies around Japan (no need for japanese phone number and can pay by cash)
The whole argument here is that it doesn’t have to be this way. I understand your point that it’s a Japanese event and naturally Japanese residents will have more options regarding buying and reselling tickets, but saying “just fly to Japan earlier bro or just have a JPN number/card bro” is such a cop out when realistically most foreigners can’t do this, which is precisely why people are upset to begin with. If you’re going to open your event to foreigners at all the least you can do is also offer an official resell option to foreigners as well. Which brings me to my second point:

And no, spare tickets is not a good excuse, when you apply for lottery or accomodation plan the website always write to carefully plan how many tickets you want to buy/apply for.
is possible for anybody to apply to the official reselling ticket service and the general sale, both online and convenience store ticket machines (in this case you can pay by cash, don't need japanese credit card). you can also buy tickets from various ticket travel agencies around Japan (no need for japanese phone number and can pay by cash)
The Japanese lottery system literally also has the very same rule you quote: “1回のお申し込みで最大7公演までお申し込みが可能です。
複数公演が当選する場合がございますので、必ずお支払い・ご来場いただける公演をお申し込みください。” Yet regardless there will always be people who apply for more concerts than they plan to attend in order to increase their chances at winning, that’s just the nature of any lottery in existence. The only difference is that Japanese ticket winners have the option to resell while foreigners don’t. And speaking of spares, they aren’t the only situation that apply. What if an emergency happens or an unavoidable schedule change happens and you can’t attend? A Japanese ticket holder can use any of the official reselling platforms to sell their ticket off. The seat doesn’t get wasted, the original owner gets a refund and another person gets to go attend, everyone is happy and no scalping takes place. I see absolutely no reason why a system like this can’t be put in place for foreigners either. In fact, it’s foreigners that would benefit the most from this as (see above in my first point): they most likely do not possess a Japanese card, number, nor have the capacity to travel up to one month early to Japan to visit a physical convenience store to purchase a ticket (which will sell out pretty quick).

If people can't read the rules and just do what they want, buy illegal tickets and then they complain that they want refund, i'm sorry that those are not good people.
If the main complaint is about foreigners want a reselling system in english, no, that is not going to happen because as I said before, most scalpers are from outside Japan, and people should just learn to read the rules and carefully plan how many tickets they can afford to buy and attend. No mistakes, no spare tickets. It's simple.
I’m not sure why you keep bringing up scalping and illegal tickets as it is completely irrelevant because again, the whole argument here is to let foreigners use the OFFICIAL reselling platforms like Pia, which exist to facilitate buying and selling tickets at a fixed price, exactly the same way Japanese ticket holders resell their tickets and transfer ownership with zero scalping. At any rate, this is about giving consumers more options and allowing people to attend concerts without wasted seats, defending a multi-hundred-million yen company like crypton like this is not a good look.

Reactions: 39dearMIKU

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
for the bringing up scalping, it's because of the scalping in first place that the recent strict law has been introduced just a few years ago, and so any organizer of event have to follow that law. I mean, before that law, there were ID check and official resell channels, but they were optional, but now they are mandatory and all organizers have to follow what that law says. I apologize if I wasn't clear before and might have made some misunderstanding.

and I agree, while it might be good for a foreigner to have all or almost all options of a japanese national, it's still up to the ticket service to decide what to offer and what not. It's not up to Crypton or Tokyo MX, they can only choose where to sell the tickets (usually ticket pia and ticket lawson, and also all ticket agencies nationwide), they can't decide if a service can be offered in english or not. and again, because most organized scalpers are from outside Japan (to avoid being caught by police), ticket agencies don't like to open too much to overseas payment and such, that's why.

and those suggestions were meant to be in a good way, for example if you have a japanese friend or a foreigner friend living in Japan for study or work, then he/she might help you to get a ticket for you with your name printed on it, that's what I meant to say.
in general, a ticket in Japan is not refundable because it's the way ticket service in Japan works and it can help the event organizers to have all necessary funds to run successfully any event without any loss of money. and the official reselling channel is actually an extra option fee you have to choose when you buy a ticket, is not automatically selected. the way it works is that you basically get a partial refund of the ticket (not total refund, because there are service fees involved) and so the ticket agency can sell that ticket again at the normal price. think of it like being a "ticket insurance" in case a work schedule change, having a fever before the event, etc.. it's a good thing, but only ticket pia and ticket lawson can decide how to offer it, so there is really no need to write complaints to Crypton, they did all what they could to offer most of services to most fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: InstallGentoo

MahouShoujoLain

New Fan
Jan 29, 2024
I think what a lot of people forget about ticket acquisition for live events is that the actual tending of tickets generally goes through a third-party vendor, and how that vendor chooses to operate is subject to the countries laws... But also they're gonna enact whatever biases they want :/ Japanese tickets are notoriously difficult to obtain for foreigners. It sucks, but it's been that way for ages. Setting aside the geo-socio-cultural tensions for why that is (that is not a tin of worms I'm here to discuss), I wonder how much this might have to do with one company owning a large part of the ticket distribution market? Just from some quick googling, it seems Pia is the ticket distribution company for a large amount of Entertainment events held in Japan. Heck, they were the ticket distribution company for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic games (Though, they didn't really have to do the job because of covid making that a crowd-less Olympics). If Pia doesn't have an official re-sale channel set up for foreigners/ENG-speaking customers then, as much as I hate to give big companies the benefit of doubt, Crypton's hands are kinda tied with what they can offer overseas customers.

I'd like to believe that this is why the rules were so strictly laid out in the ticket buying stage - because Crypton's hands are tied with what functions are available to overseas customers, so they tried to make it clear from the onset that each ticket is firmly attached to an ID. I feel sososo bad for people stuck with tickets with their names on them that they can't distribute, but, the terms were so explicitly stated in the buying process: if you won a ticket with your name on it, it's yours. I know the counter argument that's coming up > 'But some people placed multiple lottery entries to ensure they got a ticket'. Ugh, this sucks to say, but you played the game and have to live with the end result? I myself placed two lottery entries knowing that if I won both then WELP guess I'd be seeing the concert twice. And yeah WELP I now have two tickets and spent more then I wanted, but I read the terms and knew that going in.

To be honest, the fact that there even is an overseas ticket distribution set up is pretty neat. A group of friends and I went to Japan earlier this year and wanted to go to several live events. Around four/five niche concerts and a live figure skating event. It was literally impossible to secure tickets for any of them from overseas (believe me, we tried workarounds). It wasn't until we landed in Japan that one of my friends managed to go to two concerts, and he had to do it by getting tickets at conbini/the door of the events. Sadly, this is just the typical experience - it's difficult to get tickets to Japanese events from overseas! I'm grateful that this system has been set up to give overseas buyers a chance to get Magical Mirai tickets. Yes, it comes with a bunch of rules that I 100% agree totally suck and are unfair to overseas buyers, but at least the option exists. The option does not exist for a large quantity of events sadly.

Lastly, I just want to say that every country has their own ticketing system bias/crap. I am from Australia and the main ticket distribution company for live music (ticketek) is notoriously evil for price gouging consumers. They own nearly the whole market, so they can set prices at whatever crazy high figures they want and bands/companies have no choice but to use ticketek because it is the only third-party vendor. A poignant example - Miku Expo just got announced to be happening in Australia for the first time ever. The cheapest tickets are $100 AUD and go up to $350 AUD. Suffice to say Australian vocaloid fans are appalled, but it's a classic ticketek move. But back to the relevant case, I truly hope Japanese ticket distribution develops more over the coming years and that overseas buyers' access to Japanese events becomes easier and fairer. Because at the end of the day, this whole situation stinks.

Last edited:

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
yesterday there was general sale ticket sale for Tokyo, and all tickets (both live concert and exhibition) went sold-out in less than 1 hour(●'◡'●)🎈

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Fukuoka super super niceeeeeeヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ💕🎁🎈
everything is perfect, everything! all Fukuoka is themed for Magical Mirai, and the location, very unique because of all the floors and surrounding areas, then the exhibition full of happiness and joy, and then the live concert, really unforgettable and with some surprises that.. wow.. wow..Miku..my angel..(*^-^*)❤❤❤❤

CloverTower

New Fan
Apr 4, 2024
It seems like the setlists for Fukuoka Sat/Sun is up
It’s only 2 setlists as opposed to 4 which makes me wonder if the day and nighttime setlist were the same
Regardless, pretty hype setlist, looking forward to hear these at Tokyo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)