• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Artists You'd Like to See Illustrate a Voice Synth?

Heruru Meruru

THE v@SHFUCKER Dearly Stars
We've had some pretty famous big name character designers like Yoshitaka Amano and Kentaro Miura design Vocaloids and other voice synths. So your favorite artist could very well be possible. If you could choose, who would it be?

I would adore a voice synth drawn by Toromi, especially if she were to also voice her as well. Even an UTAU would be fine.

Also give me a male 'loid designed by Yasuhiro Nightow, complete with them broad shoulders and tiny princess waist.

And Rui Araizumi! Give me a shamelessly stuck in the 90s 'loid design, please and thanks.

Mel Kishida, Tsunako, and Arina Tanemura, would also be wonderful. <3 Ooh, and CLAMP.

Last edited:

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I was gonna mention CLAMP as well! I would also nominate Naoko Takeuchi for a female voice synth, because I love her art in Sailor Moon, especially the colour illustrations. A design in that style would be amazing.

I like the suggestion of Arina Tanemura - I've been reading the Full Moon manga recently, and I love how much artistic detail she packs into some scenes.

• Love
Reactions: Ronny777

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
For English synths, I think Oscar Vega would be a good choice, especially considering he worked on KDA's concept art and loves Miku. His style is a mid-point of multiple influences from video games, cartoons, and anime; meaning it could be well received by the current community and attract new people.

Other art styles I think would be cool to see: Loish, Valentina Remenar, Charlie Bowater

Honestly there's just so many baller artists out there.

Ronny777

VOCALOID5 Tuner
Dec 10, 2020
Canada
soundcloud.com
It's not really realistic but I would love to see a vocaloid designed by Hirohiko Araki. With his references to music throughout is manga it wouldn't seem to out of place for him to create a VOCALOID character. All I saying is I would buy boxed copy of a JoJo VOCALOID as a display piece for my collection.

andantina

Jun 10, 2020
ashes to ashes
project tiger/tigera does a lot of vocalsynth art already, and i think their style is really cool. it would go well with a newer voice synth design, especially for an energetic character.

Rowa's style is vibrant and would look good on box art.

Momonium has a unique way of drawing faces that gives a lot of charm to his characters. The square eyes would fit well with the artificial image of Vocaloids.

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
As I thought at first sight Chika and Sachiko were respectively illustrated by Aï Yazawa and Tsukasa Hôjô, and turned out they weren't, I do wonder how 'loids designed by these artists would look like (oh, and also Leiji Matsumoto, Gôshô Aoyama, Pink Hanamori and Mia Ikumi please)

And in case one day we get a new French 'loid, I'd be curious to see the classic French-Belgian style applied, as it'd be as refreshing as Bruno and Clara's Og concept

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
Oh ! And also I forgot about (whose I've discovered the manga series Ichiko & Niko though i didn't buy these yet) : Lunlun Yamamoto

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)