• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Best non-native English VB?

Best non-native English VB?

• Hatsune Miku V3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hatsune Miku V4x

• Megurine Luka V2

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Megurine Luka V4x

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Kagamine Rin

• Kagamine Len

• Meiko

• Kaito

• Megpoid

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Macne Nana

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Fukase

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • IA

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Tsurumaki Maki

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Kasane Teto

• Other

• Total voters

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I have a sneaking suspicion gumi is going to win

Personally I really just like Nana and Luka on their own so I'm kinda biased to vote for them, but I'm not sure who I like more out of the two. Hmmm.

Reactions: peaches2217

___

Oct 8, 2019
Uh-oh, I'm making myself look like some huge Fukase fangirl on this forum lol. Really, I just think he's objectively a good vocaloid that's all.

So basically, I think Fukase is one of the few non-native english vocaloids that really rivals the native ones, didn't vote Gumi cuz she's a glitchy mess.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I almost didn't include IA on the poll since her english is cevio but then I thought someone would get mad at me haha. Her english is definitely some of the clearest we've gotten from a non native eng vb before.
Thank you for that! My next vote would have been Nana, then Fukase. (Even if some... zealous fangirls have ruined Fukase for me, I refuse to deny the quality of his vocals, especially his English voicebank. I still love Love in Secret.) But I'm still glad you included IA, because she's definitely top for me!

Reactions: cafenurse

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Both. I get a ship consuming your life, I really do, but trying to doxx people or get them kicked off of YouTube for not shipping your ship is just excessive! Though really, it's mostly the "FUKASE'S A MEMELORD JACKASS THAT VERBALLY ABUSES PEOPLE HEHE HE'S SO QUIRKY" crowd that kinda put me off most, honestly. I'm trying to move past that, because I really do think his voicebank is one of the best that's been released.

(Fun fact: I asked for him for Christmas in 2017, when I was taking my first steps into Vocaloiding. I'm considering jumping the gun and getting him just in case something happens and he gets pulled off the market suddenly, like Yamaha did to their V4s.)

Reactions: ___

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Honestly Im not even really sure how Fukase got the reputation he did. It's really weird cause I don't think we've had any vocaloid as new as him get this popular, but his popularity is...all based on memes and ships ? and im not sure why everyone unanimously decided to make him the meme guy?

___

Oct 8, 2019
What the hell? Well, good thing I wasn't around for that :gackpo_lili: At the very worst I just saw people getting upset at Fukase being paired up in duets with vocaloid that isn't Oliver. No discourse but I'm no huge Olikase fan cuz Fukase sounds soooo mature compared to Oliver, it makes me feel weird...I don't really see people talking about it. Ofc, Fukase has no set age so it's whatever, people can ship them it just personally weirds me out.

Honestly Im not even really sure how Fukase got the reputation he did. It's really weird cause I don't think we've had any vocaloid as new as him get this popular, but his popularity is...all based on memes and ships ? and im not sure why everyone unanimously decided to make him the meme guy?
I'm guessing the younger crowd took a liking to him because of his design and just...started putting him into memes and stuff??? That's my guess.

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Ah, I don't know if it happened to anyone else, but one shipper tried getting me, personally, kicked off of YouTube. Their accusation? P*dophillia. They called me a p*dophile. Over a video that paired Oliver and Len. (When I make it VERY clear in all of my media that they're aged up, no less.) Most aren't anywhere near that bad! But they do exist, just as all bad shippers exist for all pairings.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to divert from the topic. To tie this together with a pretty ribbon: personal experiences aside, Fukase's English is amazing, and my third-favorite non-native English vocal. Proceed!

Reactions: ___

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
I lean toward IA because A) Lia's English is godly and B) the timing parameter in CeVIO is fascinating to me and is much more fun than trying to mess with velocity and such.

That being said, I kind of feel the urge to pick a Vocaloid one at the same time* just because CeVIO isn't super popular and sometimes even I get the don't-wanna-listen-through-the-HMM-noise moods. And if I'm trying to be unbiased, I guess I'd say Fukase, but then I feel like I'm betraying Luka (and the more I think about it I feel Luka and Fukase might be kinda even? in my opinion?), and there's just something so freaking magical about Gumi English despite having glitches and choppiness and everything..... And Nana's English is so CUTE...

*at least in terms of writing this post I voted IA heh

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Does Maika’s VB count?
I think she'd fall into the same category as using Japanese VBs for Engrish: she can handle English well, but she doesn't have an English VB, just some extra phonemes that help her speak it well. But I'm with you, she's wonderful.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I wouldn't really count Maika because she doesn't have an actual English voicebank. She's just made to do a little bit better in English than Bruno and Clara.

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
I think she'd fall into the same category as using Japanese VBs for Engrish: she can handle English well, but she doesn't have an English VB, just some extra phonemes that help her speak it well. But I'm with you, she's wonderful.
Ah ok. I’ll vote for IA then. Maika definitely has an awesome vb.

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
As much as I love Macne Nana and Miku's English, Gumi always takes my vote for best non-native English bank. Nana and Miku have problems in their speech while Gumi sounds more realistic

StrawberryDemon

Evil but sweet
Jan 3, 2021
Ah, I don't know if it happened to anyone else, but one shipper tried getting me, personally, kicked off of YouTube. Their accusation? P*dophillia. They called me a p*dophile. Over a video that paired Oliver and Len. (When I make it VERY clear in all of my media that they're aged up, no less.) Most aren't anywhere near that bad! But they do exist, just as all bad shippers exist for all pairings.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to divert from the topic. To tie this together with a pretty ribbon: personal experiences aside, Fukase's English is amazing, and my third-favorite non-native English vocal. Proceed!
Len is 14 and Oliver is 8 so they are BOTH underaged so you are not a pedo

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Len is 14 and Oliver is 8 so they are BOTH underaged so you are not a pedo
Oliver is canonically 12, per a very early publication; honestly if he was canonically 8 I’d feel very uncomfortable pairing him and Len. But the age difference is still seen as fairly disturbing to some people, since, by many definitions, one’s a child and one’s a teenager; I have them aged up to 20 and 18 in my media as a result, because by that age a two-year difference means next to nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)