• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Crypton new Miku NT ver.2, Miku V6 and Piapro Characters Super Pack

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Crypton new Miku NT, Miku V6 and Piapro Characters Super Pack

On August 1st 2024, Crypton Future Media, Inc. has announced three new products to be released in the coming weeks: a new version of Miku NT with significant improvement in sound quality, Miku Vocaloid 6 compatible with all latest Yamaha voice synth technology, and Piapro Characters Super Pack that includes all japanese voice banks of Miku, Rin, Len, Luka, Meiko and Kaito in one single package, made to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Crypton in the voice synth industry.
cfm_superpack.jpg
(translated from the official press release)
Crypton Future Media, Inc. (Headquarters: Sapporo, Hokkaido, CEO: Hiroyuki Itoh, hereinafter Crypton) has started accepting pre-orders for the new product "PIAPRO CHARACTERS SUPER PACK" (hereinafter "Super Pack"), which is scheduled for release on Friday, August 30, 2024. This singing voice synthesis software contains one representative Japanese VOCALOID library for each of the six virtual singers, "Hatsune Miku", "Kagamine Rin", "Kagamine Len", "Megurine Luka", "MEIKO" and "KAITO", and is a package that can be called the best of Crypton's virtual singer software using the VOCALOID engine. For pre-orders of the "Super Pack" and the singing voice demonstration video released today, please visit the special page on the digital creator download store "SONICWIRE".
cfm_superpack_pr1200-628.jpg
The newly announced "Super Pack" includes one Japanese VOCALOID library for each of the six virtual singers that Crypton has released so far: "Hatsune Miku," "Kagamine Rin," "Kagamine Len," "Megurine Luka," "MEIKO," and "KAITO." The product name comes from "Piapro Characters" (*1), the collective name for the six. From the singing voice of "Hatsune Miku," which sparked the VOCALOID movement and has colored countless songs, to the fresh and energetic "Kagamine Rin" and "Kagamine Len," the husky and sultry "Megurine Luka," the powerful and mature "MEIKO," and the firm male vocal "KAITO," you can freely combine the diverse virtual singers to create a variety of vocal/chorus arrangements.

There are six Japanese singing libraries included in this product. The basic voice libraries of each virtual singer that were included as "Original" in the previous V3 to V4X series products have been newly tuned and refined to improve the overall balance of pronunciation and voice tone. Parameters such as clearness and gender factor are also set effectively, so you can create your own singing voice. If you already own a V3 to V4X product of each virtual singer, you can expand your voice tone expression by using cross synthesis.

In addition, the VST/AU compatible vocal editor "Piapro Studio" and Steinberg's "Cubase LE" DAW software for full-scale music production are included, so with just the "Super Pack" you can start making music (DTM) on your computer right away. Let's enjoy making music with "Hatsune Miku", "Kagamine Rin", "Kagamine Len", "Megurine Luka", "MEIKO" and "KAITO", who have colored many songs!

"PIAPRO CHARACTERS SUPER PACK"
Release date: Friday, August 30, 2024
Regular price: 23,100 yen (tax included)

<About preferential sales>
Those who have purchased the target products "MEIKO V3", "KAITO V3", "Hatsune Miku V4X", "Hatsune Miku V4 ENGLISH", "Hatsune Miku V4 CHINESE", "Kagamine Rin/Len V4X", or "Megurine Luka V4X" from SONICWIRE or registered their license on the Crypton site can purchase it at the special price of 19,250 yen (tax included). Please log in with the account to which the target product is registered from the reservation page and apply.
A new version of "Hatsune Miku NT" and "Hatsune Miku V6" are also scheduled to be released this year!

In addition, Crypton is currently planning to release a new version of its singing synthesis software "Hatsune Miku NT" with significant improvements to sound quality, as well as "Hatsune Miku V6," a new singing synthesis software that uses Yamaha Corporation's VOCALOID6, a technology that uses latest technology in response to long-standing requests from creators.

For "Hatsune Miku NT," a beta version of the new version will be provided to authorized users who are already using the product in the fall of 2024, and a major upgraded version will be released at a later date, free of charge.

In addition, for "Hatsune Miku V6," which is currently under development and is scheduled for release in 2024, we will offer a special price to regular users of related software from "Hatsune Miku V4X" onwards. Details will be announced at a later date, so please wait for further information.

The year 2024 marks the 20th anniversary of Crypton's singing synthesis software business. We will continue to strive to plan and develop products that contribute to the creativity of creators, so we hope you will continue to support our products.

Piapro Characters Super Pack official website (download version):

Piapro Characters Super Pack official website (packaged version):

Crypton press release:

Last edited:

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
regarding the packaged voices, yes, the base engine of the Super Pack is Vocaloid 4, and all the included japanese voice banks have been tuned carefully and are in fact seen by Piapro Studio V4X as SP (Super Pack)
from the official press release, here are the first screenshots of Piapro Studio V4X Super Pack :miku_lili: :luka_lili::len_smile_lili::rin_smile_lIlI::kaito_smile_lili::meiko_lili:
486a99709175e5e692f9382c28.jpg
371cf5fe34108e204e8035f8.jpg
in addition, during Magical Mirai 2024 in Tokyo, on August 31st at 15:00-16:00, there will be talking session of Crypton CEO, Hiroyuki Itoh, and Wataru Sasaki and Koizumi Masamichi(^∀^●)ノシ✨🎈
We would like to introduce you to the virtual singer product that Crypton Future Media plans to release in the future.
crypton.jpg

Sonicwire official announcement of new Miku NT, Miku V6 and Piapro Characters Super Pack:

Wataru Sasaki about the Piapro Characters Super Pack and future developments:
It's really nice to see everyone lined up together as virtual singers, looking like they're all good friends... We will continue to plan and develop new content, so please keep supporting us.

iXima about her choice of design for the Piapro Characters Super Pack:
As I was drawing the six of them again, I carefully drew them to be familiar and have a modern, refreshing feel. The costumes were drawn in the same direction, with the V3/V4 costumes being very similar to the original costumes, aiming for an impression that feels new but not out of place. Thank you.
I also designed the costumes for Project Sekai by making minor changes to the default costumes in a cleaner direction, but this time, another theme was the fusion of elements from the original designs that I had tended to cut out in the past with elements from the V3/V4 costumes, which are opposites for me, and this is also my favorite part.

Last edited:

Nezuh

Official Piko Husband
Apr 17, 2018
Argentina
www.youtube.com
Everyone and their mothers skipping VOCALOID5 is so funny to me lol

I'm ok with they being V4 tho, I really prefer that engine and its not like a lot was really improved until AI, plus they surely will release a V6/V7 AI version in the future of the remaining 5 If Miku does well

23k yen for all 6 voices is wild though

btw, I noticed they only mention Japanese voices. English voices will be relegated to older versions I guess?

idk, all this is kinda confusing, maybe they should make a chart explaining each port of something

blackout

Passionate Fan
Apr 13, 2018
6 distinct character VBs for that price INCLUDING the Piapro Editor + Cubase LE is kind of insane value. Since they’re V4 banks I’m assuming they’ll be compatible with the V4/V5/V6 editors as well. They’ve specifically mentioned that these can be XSY’d with their other respective V3/V4X banks, so I actually think it’s a GOOD thing these are V4 banks haha

I’m not expecting these to be wildly different to their current base banks but I’m very curious to hear more of them as it’s mentioned that they’ve fine tuned the samples & tones. I’m the most curious about Luka SP since she’s the only one without a specific base bank (The Kagamines too kinda but I’m pretty sure they just treat the Power append as their new default). Im also wondering if these are the banks that Colorful Palette has been using internally for Prsk all along too lol

Miku V6 AI is super good news tho and I’m really curious to hear the new Miku NT update too!

BiscuitsandTriscuits

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
From the short demo I love the Luka voicebank so far (tho I am remaining skeptical because of her v4x) it legit sounded like a solid update of her v2... The fact that they are based on the v4 engine isn't that bad for me either, I am excited to hear miku v6 in the future tho! Hoping for an eventual Meiko and Luka v6 as well! Welcome back Crypton!!

Chuchu

Luka enthusiast
Jul 18, 2018
The Piapro NT update will come out during fall so I guess Miku V6 will be around December then if she's not delayed. I still think that Miku in Deco*27 latest songs is her new Piapro NT update and CFM will work and Miku's V6 bank after the new NT update goes live.

Can we also thank UnaV6 and ZolaV6 for demonstrating that AI banks can closely resemble their STD version if they're trained on their old samples🙏 I seriously doubt that Crypton and more importantly Saki Fujita would've agreed to creating an AI VB for Miku if it wasn't for these two

wrong_thyme

WHERE IN THE WORLD IS SHIRAKAMI KOTAROU AI
Jan 12, 2022
The Piapro NT update will come out during fall so I guess Miku V6 will be around December then if she's not delayed. I still think that Miku in Deco*27 latest songs is her new Piapro NT update and CFM will work and Miku's V6 bank after the new NT update goes live.

Can we also thank UnaV6 and ZolaV6 for demonstrating that AI banks can closely resemble their STD version if they're trained on their old samples🙏 I seriously doubt that Crypton and more importantly Saki Fujita would've agreed to creating an AI VB for Miku if it wasn't for these two
wait where was it stated that una was trained on v4 samples?
I don't remember that, plus her v6 bank sounds just different enough that i think it's really new recordings

on another note, the new designs are cute. i love meiko and kaitos little gloves

Alphonse

New Fan
Mar 13, 2021
V6 banks sound like their concatenative versions regardless (see Gumi).

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
yes yes :miku_ani_lili::miku_ani_lili:from the official blog:
Actually, we are currently planning to release a new version of the singing voice synthesis software "Hatsune Miku NT" with significant improvements to the sound quality, and "Hatsune Miku V6" which uses Yamaha Corporation's VOCALOID6 as a new singing voice synthesis software, which has been requested by creators for a long time! !
For "Hatsune Miku NT", we will provide a beta version of the new version around autumn 2024 to regular users who are already using the product, and then provide a major upgrade version to be released at a later date free of charge.
Additionally, for "Hatsune Miku V6," which is currently under development and is scheduled for release in 2024, we will be offering a special price to legitimate users of related software from "Hatsune Miku V4X" onwards. We will announce the details at a later date, so please look forward to further updates! (๑•ω-๑)-★

Reactions: Jikyu and Palamon

BiscuitsandTriscuits

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
I like them Luka and Meiko in particular there is a bit of sounds in them that sound weird idk how to describe it… but overall I think this pack represents a part of the market that has been neglected for a while (non realistic vocals) and I’m glad that this release is happening!

Mr_Meester

Aspiring Fan
Dec 31, 2022
US of A
I like them Luka and Meiko in particular there is a bit of sounds in them that sound weird idk how to describe it… but overall I think this pack represents a part of the market that has been neglected for a while (non realistic vocals) and I’m glad that this release is happening!
To me, it sounds like they need to blow their nose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)