• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Favorite V-synth covers

Ibis

Did someone say UTAU?
Jul 7, 2022
the time out corner
What are your favorite covers of songs using v-synths? (originally vocaloid or otherwise). This can be from any program.

Last edited:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Eh, honestly I think it's kind of a touchy subject. You can prefer a cover to the original, but discussing how "Such and such totally blew the original out of the water!" (and less dramatic variations, of course) just feels disrespectful to the original creator. Maybe I'm just sensitive 😅

Reactions: Twillby and Ibis

Ibis

Did someone say UTAU?
Jul 7, 2022
the time out corner
Eh, honestly I think it's kind of a touchy subject. You can prefer a cover to the original, but discussing how "Such and such totally blew the original out of the water!" (and less dramatic variations, of course) just feels disrespectful to the original creator. Maybe I'm just sensitive 😅
That's a fair point, actually. I'll change the title from which covers you think are better than the original to your favorite covers.
Edit: the title has been changed from "Covers you think are better than the original" to "Favorite V-Synth covers" (for anyone who gets confused in the future)

Last edited:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
That's a fair point, actually. I'll change the title from which covers you think are better than the original to your favorite covers.
Edit: the title has been changed from "Covers you think are better than the original" to "Favorite V-Synth covers" (for anyone who gets confused in the future)
Now this I can get behind! There's so many excellent covers that deserve the spotlight.

I'll kick things off with one I've been listening to a lot again lately:

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
I have a whole YouTube playlist for Vocaloid covers but scrolling through it, the one that jumped out at me the most was probably this cover of "Patchwork Staccato" with Iroha. The tuning is so nice and the MMD looks so cute and ahhhhh

Another one I really like is this "Scapecoat" cover with Anon. I love Anon I don't know why I never caved and bought the twins

IO+

Resonance47
Apr 22, 2021
Glad to see you change the title name, here.

for someone who prefer to watch on youtube
A lot of energy!

Reactions: Ibis

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
HAH I've been waiting to write a post like this!!!
Prepare to be deeply humbled :,)

Honestly there's way too many Ruko ♂ covers I'm madly in love with and with Ruko being my ride or die from the very beginning, it's hard to pick a single one so here's just the flavor of the month lol

犬芋 / Inuimo's tuning is so intricate... like there's no verse that's tuned simply or boring. I've been lucky enough to snag a few of their tuned USTs because I stalk follow them on twitter and those USTs? They're insaaanely detailed I could study it like a textbook.

Lt's vp tuned this one actually! They know her best I suppose

This is using Ritsu's old kire vb and... idk even still today I still prefer his old one to his new. The high notes are a bit more strained and have a cuter tone to them which is what I miss with his new 2021 kire.

And then a bonus Vocaloid cover I discovered recently;

• Love
Reactions: ___ and Ibis

Ibis

Did someone say UTAU?
Jul 7, 2022
the time out corner
HAH I've been waiting to write a post like this!!!
Prepare to be deeply humbled :,)

Honestly there's way too many Ruko ♂ covers I'm madly in love with and with Ruko being my ride or die from the very beginning, it's hard to pick a single one so here's just the flavor of the month lol

犬芋 / Inuimo's tuning is so intricate... like there's no verse that's tuned simply or boring. I've been lucky enough to snag a few of their tuned USTs because I stalk follow them on twitter and those USTs? They're insaaanely detailed I could study it like a textbook.

Lt's vp tuned this one actually! They know her best I suppose

This is using Ritsu's old kire vb and... idk even still today I still prefer his old one to his new. The high notes are a bit more strained and have a cuter tone to them which is what I miss with his new 2021 kire.

And then a bonus Vocaloid cover I discovered recently;
That Ruko cover is wondeful! Do you mind if I post it to the Ruko fanclub so more people can see it?

Oh and is there a name difference between Ritsu's old and new KIRE bank? I would love to try out the one used in the video if that's not the one I already have.

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
That Ruko cover is wondeful! Do you mind if I post it to the Ruko fanclub so more people can see it?

Yes gogogogo share it to the Ruko fanclub!!! I've been wanting to contribute to that too actually.

Oh and is there a name difference between Ritsu's old and new KIRE bank? I would love to try out the one used in the video if that's not the one I already have.

Ritsu's 2021 kire is "何かがキレ音源" whereas the classic one is just "キレ音源"

Reactions: Ibis

AmazingStrange39

Miku-Avanna-Gumi enthusiast
May 23, 2019
Also this one.

Just in general, Miku V4 English and V3 English used together is just...awesome. They complement each other super well.

AmazingStrange39

Miku-Avanna-Gumi enthusiast
May 23, 2019
This one also knocked my socks off when I heard it

And this one is just beautiful

This one just sounds so sweet

Morphing before it was cool

She almost sounds like Idina in the chorus and that "woah-oh-oh" at the end sends shivers down my spine

More MJQ covers because yes. This guy's harmonies are so good.

Not Miku for once.

Aia

DDR-tist
Jul 14, 2019
The Internet™
I will always stand by this cover as my absolute favorite (i knew this song before I heard of the musical lol)

Considering it's 13 years old and uses Kaito's V1 voicebank, the tuning really stands the test of time

Reactions: Twillby

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)