• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID First song that really got you into Vocaloid?

Apr 23, 2018
Love is War was the first one that I really liked, but the first song that really got me into the fandom was How-To World Domination. It really stuck with me because I was just starting on my producer journey and it was the most striking example of what one person could do.

This is random but would you believe that I stayed away from the fandom for years because I thought it was just Miku and there were no boy characters and all I cared about were the boy characters LOL

Reactions: Elsa12TMNT

Paradoxical

Linguistics Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 7, 2018
Canada
Daughter of Evil was my first Vocaloid song, and probably also the first song that got me into it. I was fascinated by the idea/possibilities of a singing software and started checking out other songs almost right away.

Reactions: mobius017

MystSaphyr

Yamaha ha ha ha ha
Apr 8, 2018
Tennessee, USA
mystsaphyr.me
My first exposure to Vocaloid was Miku's Ievan Polkka, but after I started poking around it was the Melt PV that really got me hooked. Seeing Miku suddenly burst into life at the end of the video for the first time was an Experience

Though Melt really got me deep into Vocaloid (and UTAU!), there's a special place in my heart for Escape by JimmyThumbP as well. There's just something about that song that has stuck with me for years, it's even more of a nostalgia bomb for me than Melt. I think while Melt was my solid intro to the fandom, Escape is what kept me here.

Reactions: RabbitWhale39

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK

Yes. I was a Luka stan.

I think it was this that I found first though I'd definitely been exposed to Miku before to some degree. Maybe Miku Miku ni Shite Ageru and Ievan Polkka? Honestly a lot of it is a blur but I know I loved Stardust Utopia a lot too.

Reactions: bioloid

Fukase

Fukase and Engloid Artist/User
Apr 8, 2018
I don't remember exactly what got me into Vocaloid, but I remember the first time I got into English Vocaloids. I was listening to many Saihate covers and eventually I found Sweet Ann's English version and since then I became a huge fan of English Vocaloids.

Reactions: Twillby

RabbitWhale39

Devout Mikuist
Apr 25, 2018
At some point in 2009, I was probably looking through some different Japanese vids on youtube, clicking from one thing to the next, and I guess ended up seeing Miku somewhere... so yeah, once I heard Melt and Last Night Goodnight, it was pretty much game over for me.

Lille

Aspiring Fan
May 3, 2018
Piko's Remember, by Kannakuzu, in 2010! It was because of an old friendship, I have no idea or way to contact that person now. But she was like, "hey you kids wanna hear the new loid?" and I was like "sure!" and loved him. Before that, I heard songs like Matryoshka and Romeo and Cinderella with a certain frequency, and even drew Miku or Kaito, but there was just scattered attention for them. Remember was just impossible to forget hahaha wheew can someone show me the exit?

Katastrophe

Not An Actual Phoenix
Apr 8, 2018
I've seen Miku's original Ievan Polka cover and a NicoNico chorus version of Rolling Girl before I got into Vocaloid in late 2010, but I never really dug deeper until later.

I really got into Vocaloid when I was browsing TvTropes (not sure what article) and I saw a mention of The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku. The premise and the way they described it (a program literally singing about her own deletion) intrigued me so much that I had to check it out. I'm a sucker for meta sci-fi concepts like this, and Vocaloid characters really captured my imagination with how much you can do with them.

And here I am, seven years later. ;u;

(Also yes I've seen the remake cosMo uploaded recently and yes I cried)

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I honestly can't remember the name of the first Vocaloid song I heard. It was a Miku song I only heard it once or twice but I lost it afterwards. I haven't heard it since, so the producer must've been someone not well-known.
Anyways, the firstsongs that really got me into Vocaloid were probably Ievan Polkka (since it's originally a Finnish folk song and I'm Finnish haha) and World is Mine.

It was the 21st May of 2015 when the me from 3-years-ago met his fate during lunch break at school. The day before, I saw a lot of fan art of a twintailed girl on Miiverse.com, and when I finally read the name "Hatsune Miku", it got stuck in my head. The first video that I saw was a 3DPV of Tell Your World that didn't really amaze me. There was a strong contrast between her nice look and the high voice that I wasn't used to.
When I got home, I looked for her again because I felt like there was something that I was always looking for. And I found it!
It was one of these two that got me. Her voice, the video, the costumes! Everything was so amazing that I watched Miku videos all day and the Mikupa 2013 in Kansai all night.
Man, what a time! Since then, there wasn't a single day I didn't think of her.

Reactions: RabbitWhale39

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
Although that other song I posted was pretty good, it was actually this song that made me actually like Vocaloid and made me start to believe Vocaloid is actually viable:

This used to be an entry for the Magical Mirai 2018 Song Contest. Back in the Miku Expo U.S./Mexico 2018 Song Contest I was forced to use Miku English against my will because the lyrics absolutely had to be in English. This one, on the other hand, I started to realise the viability of Miku English and that started to take off.

This is the best song I wrote with her:

WintermintP

Kurenai_Akari

Doujin lyricist/Producer & MEIKO fanatic
Apr 8, 2018
Somewhere in Cali
piapro.jp
I think my first song that made me aware of Vocaloid was "Ievan Polka", but the one that really got me into the music scene was "Saihate" from Onyx Kobayashi.

But the song that made me what to become a singer/lyricist was "FLASHBACK" by Suzukaze-P.

Pixy_17

100% Organically Grown Nerd
Oct 22, 2018
The first vocaloid songs I heard were Love is War, Ievan Polka, and Insanity, I didn’t know they were vocaloid songs because I was 5 or 6 at the time. SF-A2 Miki is still one of my favorite vocaloids! :miki_lili:

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
The first Vocaloid song I ever heard was 'Melody.exe' by Miku, quickly followed by 'Anger'. It was all thanks to dumb luck from the YouTube recommedations sidebar, because I recall browsing Super Mario Flash videos reposted from Newgrounds at the time, and Miku popped up in the sidebar for no particular reason. So thanks YT, for sending me on the road to J-culture hell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)