• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID First song that really got you into Vocaloid?

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Everyone has their first Vocaloid song, but that's not always the one that got you into Vocaloid. Sometimes it's stumbling upon other songs that do it. What was that song for everyone here? And do you even still like/listen to it?

For me, it was Melt! It was probably my third or fourth song though I still didn't really know or care sho Miku was, then I found a video that had Melt playing in it and after seeing Miku's name, fell doen a deep hole of research and starting to love Vocaloid. And Melt is still one of my favorites!

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
Honestly I don't remember exactly which one was The One because it was like nine years ago but one two of the first ones I remember really blowing me away are Your Love Will Surely Skyrocket and Miracle Gumiracle. (Rin was my first favorite, I think largely because of a cover of Melt I heard with her, but it didn't last long because Gumi came out not too long after I first started listening to Vocaloid if I remember correctly)

Reactions: Elsa12TMNT and Buck

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
Oh wow, this is nostalgic.

When I first found out about Vocaloids I only knew of the Cryptonloids and I wasn't a fan based on the few famous songs I'd heard (Miku and Meiko later grew on me). I listened to UTAUs a lot instead. I don't really remember what UTAU songs I first listened to, but I do remember which songs drew me back into Vocaloid.
I was actually on a betta forum and found another Vocaloid fan, so I asked them what sort of songs they liked and they shared a few with me. The two that really caught my attention were Futari no Harmony and Riverside (my introduction to Gumi, I was seriously impressed with her voice).

Reactions: Buck

summers50

01010011 00110101 00110000
Apr 9, 2018
MA, USA
A bit over a year ago someone made a random vocaloid post while I was browsing memes. I searched google to see if vocaloids could sound human, and Freely Tomorrow came up. I was so surprised by that find, and dove in real quick. A couple weeks after that I bought Miku V4x (I figured the package was the most supported and flexible), hopped on VO, and started teaching myself how to tune.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I got into Vocaloid while helping with the beginnings of end of life care for one of my relatives. It was a demoralizing time that spanned about three months, and whose aftermath lasted for more than as long again. Basically every weekend, and some days in between, were visited by some combination of anger or tears among the other members of my clan, relating to unresolved family stuff that I fortunately had no real part in. Still, it spilled over and had a way of becoming miserable for all concerned.

I was fortunate enough that one day, while I was looking for some kind of distraction, I happened to remember hearing Miku's name on the news sometime prior and got curious. A quick Google search brought me to The World Is Mine.

Miku's parody of a himedere presented a kind of forceful, unapologetic, irrepressible self-assuredness as she stuck the butt of her microphone in the sand and declared that she was the first-place princess of the entire world. And the screaming of the concert-goers--so many happy people!--was beautiful to see. In the midst of that continuously dismal situation, it was a precious experience.

So, yeah, I guess that makes me the cliché The World Is Mine guy. :)

lil_eggo

(screams eternally)
Apr 8, 2018
USA
it wasn't even an original song, lol... i found vocaloid through some other forums i was on when i was 11, and i thought it was an anime? so i thought that this was the opening song to her anime. spoiler alert, it's actually an old miku cover of Platinum from Cardcaptor Sakura fjdssfsjkaldf
i have memories of listening to this on repeat as i was doing chores, and thinking about how cool vocaloid was. lolol
this cover is so so adorable by the way. 6/7ish years later i still love it

Vani ❤ Candy

❤ Rana and Teki are my babies ❤
Apr 8, 2018
in a box under a bridge
i'm old . lol

i remember being around 10 years old in 2007 when i discovered some of Miku's videos, i was of the classic "what anime is she from????" opinion until i quickly learned more about her. i listened to early songs such as "Miku Miku ni Shiteageru" and "01_ballade" but i think what really dragged me in was "melody", 10 year old me thought that was the coolest shit in the world and it still holds up today. it's just so interesting to see how far VOCALOID in general has come since when i was a kid ^w ^

i remember being hooked on VOCALOID since then and desperately wanting to buy one of them, but i didn't have any money to do so. it took me until the tail end of 2015 to buy my first VOCALOID, Rana, and i'd say it was definitely worth it hahaha, now at 21 years old i'm working (slowly/lazily) on my own original song with her and Teki Hiyaku. Thanks for all the years VOCALOID <3

Last edited:

Amy☆

I like sweets uwu
Apr 8, 2018
United states
I got into vocaloid kind of late heh but I found out about it through the diva games when they started getting localized around 2013/2014. The first song I heard/played was Weekender Girl in the PDF demo and I really liked the song, but I still had no idea what vocaloid was. I eventually bought the game, played through all the songs, but I still wasn't really /into/ vocaloid, I just had a vague idea of what they were and thought the game was fun.

Then Project Diva F 2nd came out and I played Double Lariat in the demo when that released and I absolutely fell in love with the song and Luka too. So I started looking up more and more songs on yt and by the time the full game released in the US I was a full on vocaloid weeb.

Gumina

New Fan
Apr 10, 2018
Germany
kaschra.deviantart.com
The first Vocaloid songs I heard were Synchronicity Part 1 and 2, some time back in 2010, I think? They were my introduction to Vocaloid, but like OP not what truly got me into Vocaloid. I was more of a Synchronicity fan so to speak. Then I discovered Gumi's Mozaik Role, and that was my true start as a Vocaloid fan .

I haven't listened to it in years, but now did due to this thread. Still like it.

Reactions: Sharkartist

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
I had been floating around listening to some of Ryo's older works for a while, but I think the song that really got me into Vocaloid was Meltdown. It was unlike any music I'd heard before, and intriqued me enough to investigate.

Reactions: Lille

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)