• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID First song that really got you into Vocaloid?

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
My first song was Triple Baka but what got me into vocaloid was Kagerou Days I think

BigScreenTV

A Creature of Want, Filled with Noodles
Aug 2, 2018
I can't exactly recall what was my first song, it was either Rolling Girl or World is Mine. Either way, I was hooked.

Reactions: RabbitWhale39

PoPkA

New Fan
Dec 25, 2018
Back in the day triple baka and honey vids were entertaining but songs like innocence, Shiningray and Stargazer gave me a more serious look at vocaloid as a really cool and useful instrument. :kaito2_move:

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Hmm... The friend that introduced me showed me the classic silly songs like Triple Baka and Banana Milk or whatever. I think I ended up passionate over the evils series mostly though, to start. Daughter/Servant of Evil, and I also was really into that one NND Alice in Wonderland song. Then, Kaito's cover of Imitator made me take a second glance at him, and when my love affair/obsession with Kaito started back in like 2011, I was done for :kaito_ani_lili:

OtakuKiarra

☐single ☐taken ☑mentally dating Kaito Shion
May 8, 2019
Hmmm, I first listened to copycat by Circus. Found it via shitty animation memes.

Yes, it was the also very first Vocaloid song I listened to, but then i started getting really interested in who "Gumi" was and what a "Vocaloid" was.

After that, I found some lists on Top 20 Vocaloid songs or something like that and started getting more into it.

Also, Cantarella grace edition was the first song that got me into liking Kaito.

Long story short, if I hadn't been interested in that weird song from all the furry animations, I would have never joined the fandom, and also probably would have been more depressed than I am now.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

David K.

a Czech vocal synth user and keyboardist
Feb 15, 2019
Czech Republic
I think the first Vocaloid song I heard was Trick and Treat and I really liked the synth voices, so I searched for more songs with Vocaloid. Then I found Ievan Polkka and some other songs with Miku. Then I was searching for English Vocaloid songs, I found Hiru's cover of Magnet with Avanna & Leon and I was amazed by Avanna's voice and appearance! So I was searching YT for new songs with her every day for more than 4 years! One of my most favourite Avanna songs was BlazeZubark's "Free" which shows off Avanna's amazing vocal range.

Last edited:

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
The first songs I listened to that jumpstarted my curiosity were Trick and Treat and Alice of Human Sacrifice years ago. But, I think the song that super did me in was Ryo/Supercell's Kocchi Muite Baby. I remember listening to covers and covers of it all day for an entire summer.

ngoomie

New Fan
Jan 22, 2019
both the first VOCALOID song I remember ever hearing and the song that made me actually get into VOCALOID was likely World Is Mine, I heard it in some Flipnote that got to the most popular section of the North American Flipnote Hatena gallery when I was maybe 7 years old or so?
I think the first VOCALOID song I remember REALLY liking, though, was Corruption Garden by Caz. it wasn't a song I ever think I heard used in a Flipnote, I think I found it while screwing around on YouTube, maybe at about 7 or 8 years old.
I'll probably have to go check the dates those songs were both uploaded on to be more sure of how old I actually was, I'm kinda just guessing and I'm really bad at remembering how old I was when something happened

Last edited:

Aia

DDR-tist
Jul 14, 2019
The Internet™
The first song that got me into it was definitely Just Be Friends. My sister showed a few others before that like World is Mine and Poppipo but i think i liked just be friends the most. Before I discovered vocaloid I saw my friends draw and talk about miku all the time, but I never knew what she was, even when properly introduced to her I still didn't know! I was around twelve at the time.

Reactions: ngoomie
Sep 21, 2019
I've known about Miku for several years, but never understood who or what she was. I discovered a few songs through MMDs and eventually decided to check out Vocaloid, though I was initially turned off by the amount of dark songs that pulled up when I searched up Vocaloid. Then I found Triple Baka which threw me into this crazy, wonderful rabbit hole! Been a Vocaloid/UTAU fan ever since! :miku_ani_lili:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Honey, the cover/video with Sakine Meiko. I remember smiling uncontrollably the whole way through and watching it multiple times more by the end of the day. (And then I spent the next week trying to figure out what the band behind the characters was... it was a few months before I figured out the whole Vocal Synthesizer thing. I was 12ish, in my defense.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)