• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Discussion Thread

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
NIIICE....! I wonder which Wal-Mart this is; it would've been put out because they thought it would appeal to people, maybe, and I'd love to know where they've recognized that that demographic is....

'Course, there's no guarantee that Wal-Mart knows who/what Miku is.

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
NIIICE....! I wonder which Wal-Mart this is; it would've been put out because they thought it would appeal to people, maybe, and I'd love to know where they've recognized that that demographic is....

'Course, there's no guarantee that Wal-Mart knows who/what Miku is.
Sounds like the company who makes those posters wants to bring up that idea to Walmart corporate

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Ah yes our Walmart has that Miku poster, although I'm not a big enough fan of her to buy it. I did get a poster that has all the Cryptons on it though a while back, mostly just for Kaito and Meiko.

Also, off topic, but I feel like Ken is so severely underrated? It might have something to do with the general lack of popularity of V5 itself, but oh my gosh he's so fabulous. Like, nobody's gonna knock Kaito and VY2 off their pedestals, but Ken might bump Kiyoteru down for 3rd favorite JP bank honestly.

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Tbh even when Yamaha did promo their vocaloids they didn't do super well (Mew, Sachiko).

Chris and Amy also are getting a pretty decent amount of use; Kaori's starting to get songs.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I haven't seen a whole lot of Chris and Amy tbh, but maybe I've just missed it. A lot of the ones I have seen are quite... confusing. Idk, they just seem to sound weirder than Engloids of past. I wonder if it's just a general "need to get used to V5 still" thing.

Also can someone pleeeease tell me how to turn off Singing Styles in V5. I use V1 mostly, so I haven't really gotten that acquainted with V5 yet, and it's driving me crazy. I mean the styles are nice and it's a good starting point for a lot of tuning, but sometimes ya girl just wants to hear something from scratch, at least at first >.>

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Also can someone pleeeease tell me how to turn off Singing Styles in V5. I use V1 mostly, so I haven't really gotten that acquainted with V5 yet, and it's driving me crazy. I mean the styles are nice and it's a good starting point for a lot of tuning, but sometimes ya girl just wants to hear something from scratch, at least at first >.>
@Leon: I've actually wanted to know this, too, since I first got the software. Until today, I would've told you that the way to do that was to switch singers. But it looks like the update in 12/2018 removed/fixed that.

I think you could do it with a DIY yourself workaround, though. Working from scratch just for clarity, if you double-click a region on one of the vocal tracks, go to the Style tab and click the little Customize button at the bottom of the screen, you'll see where you can tweak the old V4 parameters as well as some new V5 things.

At the upper left, there's a box with a picture of a floppy disk next to it and the words Style Preset above it. After tweaking whatever settings, you can hypothetically save your changes as a new preset here. Contrarily, if you were to save without making any changes, or even selecting a Voice Style, you could make your own "Reset" preset.

Scratch that. There's a "No Effect" preset, which is what the singers use by default. Just select that in the list of Style Presets.

Anyone know how to delete a custom preset? :)

Edit: NVM, back on the main Style tab (the view you have before clicking the Customize button), you can select a custom preset, right-click on it, and click the Delete Preset option. You can't delete a pre-installed preset, though. Thank you, manual.

Last edited:

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I've actually wanted to know this, too, since I first got the software. Until today, I would've told you that the way to do that was to switch singers. But it looks like the update in 12/2018 removed/fixed that.

I think you could do it with a DIY yourself workaround, though. Working from scratch just for clarity, if you double-click a region on one of the vocal tracks, go to the Style tab and click the little Customize button at the bottom of the screen, you'll see where you can tweak the old V4 parameters as well as some new V5 things.

At the upper left, there's a box with a picture of a floppy disk next to it and the words Style Preset above it. After tweaking whatever settings, you can hypothetically save your changes as a new preset here. Contrarily, if you were to save without making any changes, or even selecting a Voice Style, you could make your own "Reset" preset.

Scratch that. There's a "No Effect" preset, which is what the singers use by default. Just select that in the list of Style Presets.
Ah, I see. I couldn't find the No Effect and worried it had been removed or something. I didn't realize you could search for it LOL. I did know you can edit parameters like in other editors, but it does get a little complicated adding PIT and stuff when the style preset already has those sorts of things built in ^^;;

Thank you!!

(My default is never No Effect, it's always one of the V5 default's "X Style" and it's so annoying lol)

Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Thank you!!

(My default is never No Effect, it's always one of the V5 default's "X Style" and it's so annoying lol)
NP! Ah, that's interesting. Based on what you said, it sounds like V5 VBs have some style set up as their default. I've only tried my V4s so far in the V5 editor, and I guess V4s must not have a default style set, so they come up as No Effect. It's good to know about No Effect, then; if all a person had used was V5 voices, it probably wouldn't be obvious that it's even there.

Reactions: Leon

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
NP! Ah, that's interesting. Based on what you said, it sounds like V5 VBs have some style set up as their default. I've only tried my V4s so far in the V5 editor, and I guess V4s must not have a default style set, so they come up as No Effect. It's good to know about No Effect, then; if all a person had used was V5 voices, it probably wouldn't be obvious that it's even there.
Ah yeah that must explain it. I believe my language defaults are set to Ken and Avanna, so when I import a JP vsq it pulls up Ken Style and I opened an English one to test and it was No Effect. Thank you again! lol

One more question (sorry, I haven't had much time to delve into V5). Is there a way to edit the phonemes other than clicking on the note lyric? I find it so strange that clicking ctrl+r changes it to Phoneme mode without swapping the places of the lyrics and phonemes like in V4. But that's not the problem -- rather, I often have notes short enough that the lyric doesn't display, so to click on it to edit the phonemes I have to drag the note out longer and then shrink it again once I'm done. It is so annoying! Is there a way to make the lyric always display? I feel like this wasn't an issue in V4, and it definitely isn't in V1, which I use most often >.>

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Mm, I haven't used V5 much myself beyond just playing with it a little (have to get a song ready for it before I use it intensely :) ). But based on experience with it/Piapro, I can think of a few things you might try:
  • Could be there's a setting you could change to make phonemes display by default (possibly before the lyrics, or possibly instead of them). I think the settings are on the upper right, either the upper right of the menu or a little icon literally in the upper-right corner of the screen (I don't have my computer handy ATM, but I remember finding some general settings in one of those places.).
  • In Piapro, you can tab from one note to another. Though that actually doesn't sound like your problem; it sounds like you're not seeing a spot to enter phonemes even with the note selected....
  • You could try zooming in. If you zoom in on the notes, the notes and their display for lyrics/phonemes should get bigger, I'd think. That's annoying, too, but I think that would work.
Maybe someone who has used V5 more has another/different idea?

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Mm, I haven't used V5 much myself beyond just playing with it a little (have to get a song ready for it before I use it intensely :) ). But based on experience with it/Piapro, I can think of a few things you might try:
  • Could be there's a setting you could change to make phonemes display by default (possibly before the lyrics, or possibly instead of them). I think the settings are on the upper right, either the upper right of the menu or a little icon literally in the upper-right corner of the screen (I don't have my computer handy ATM, but I remember finding some general settings in one of those places.).
  • In Piapro, you can tab from one note to another. Though that actually doesn't sound like your problem; it sounds like you're not seeing a spot to enter phonemes even with the note selected....
  • You could try zooming in. If you zoom in on the notes, the notes and their display for lyrics/phonemes should get bigger, I'd think. That's annoying, too, but I think that would work.
Maybe someone who has used V5 more has another/different idea?
Hmmmm okay! I've tried the zoom-in thing, and it seems to be pretty decent. 1/64 and 1/32 notes still don't show lyrics, but I guess it's whatever haha. I'll hunt around and see if there are settings I'm missing.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Not sure if I understand the question, but you don't have to actually switch between lyric and phoneme mode OR zoom in.

1) Draw a note box. Double click the default "Ooh" and write in the lyric. (I wrote "bacon".)
2) Turn on "Attack & Release Effect".
3) With the note selected, look down by the Attack Effect and under Lyric, it says Letter = ba-, Phonetic Symbol = bh eI. Edit the phoneme by clicking the bh eI part, but be careful to navigate the box with the arrow keys because it's hard to tell where the cursor is in the box (also, you can make the phoneme really long, you can actually type "bh eI k en" in one box instead of two).

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Not sure if I understand the question, but you don't have to actually switch between lyric and phoneme mode OR zoom in.

1) Draw a note box. Double click the default "Ooh" and write in the lyric. (I wrote "bacon".)
2) Turn on "Attack & Release Effect".
3) With the note selected, look down by the Attack Effect and under Lyric, it says Letter = ba-, Phonetic Symbol = bh eI. Edit the phoneme by clicking the bh eI part, but be careful to navigate the box with the arrow keys because it's hard to tell where the cursor is in the box (also, you can make the phoneme really long, you can actually type "bh eI k en" in one box instead of two).

View attachment 2066
Ah I knew *how* to write notes in, and all. Just that I didn't know what to do if the note was so short that the lyric didn't show on the piano roll lol. But I'll try the Attack Release box! If that shows up for each note just by selecting it, it'll be way more convenient. Thanks so much! ❤

Wario94

Passionate Fan
Jan 5, 2019
Okay, I would like to ask you guys: have any of you are familiar with this Vocaloid producer named Gobou-P?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)