• Hello Guest, recently a massive leak of e-mails and passwords ocurred on the internet. Please read more in here to see if you have been compromised.
  • Bookmarks are back! Read more in here.

General Discussion Thread

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 5
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
Lena Raine goes into detail about using vocaloid in her solo project

"All of these versions of Vocaloid have been released and most of them have been in Japanese.
But in Vocaloid 5, which came out a year or two ago, they added an English voice."

That's probably one of the most irritating things I've read in a long time lmao. The rest of the article was very interesting to read but man, this just threw me of.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
"All of these versions of Vocaloid have been released and most of them have been in Japanese.
But in Vocaloid 5, which came out a year or two ago, they added an English voice."
That quote is triggering me so much. :LOL: Seriously, how can people still not realise or research that English Vocaloids have existed since V1, and have seen some famous usages? (Avanna in 'Sad Machine', Oliver in Bee and Puppycat, etc.)

Exemplar

Hardcore Fan
May 17, 2018
Tianyi was mentioned in this article about an event held by the China Advertising Association that's about setting industry standards to help evaluate who would be a safe person to use in advertising in China (basically finding Beijing friendly faces with good manners to sell cars, makeup and whatever else). I'm going to post the google translated part that talked a bit about Tianyi and i'm sure someone will come up with a better translation...

Celebrity endorsement pits? KFC would rather choose virtual spokesperson

In addition to the commercial value assessment criteria, the Advertising Spokesperson Business Value Assessment Standard also includes two important indicators: endorsement effect monitoring and spokesperson risk assessment. The endorsement effect is important for the brand, but the worst result is no effect, and once the spokesperson has serious negative news, it will have a fatal blow to the brand reputation, this risk may exist in every artist.

Just as Wang Lili, the CEO of the European Union Chamber of Commerce Market and Communication Committee, said that the risk of spokesperson is unpredictable for the brand, just like KFC, from Ke Zhendong to Xue Zhiqian to Luhan, they have experienced several times. After the spokesperson's risk crisis, he finally chose a seemingly more "reliable" virtual singer Luo Tianyi as the spokesperson. Wang Lili ridiculed that this time KFC chose virtual idols, it is a fancy that "people set" will not collapse, safe and reliable.

In recent years, many forms of cooperation between brands and artists have evolved in a short, flat and fast direction, and have begun to favor multiple small cooperations to avoid the risks that artists may present.

Article> 中广协首个广告代言人标准出台 艾漫数据发布艺人商业价值报告 - A5创业网

Mika

Jul 5, 2018
Germany

The official Flower twitter account hinted at something big coming next year for her birthday.
Gynoids twitter account just reacted with a "No more" but Flower seems really excited and can't wait to talk more about it.

Maybe a new voicebank? Maybe a figure? Who knows. But whatever it is, I'm excited for next year!

Reactions: sangv

Exemplar

Hardcore Fan
May 17, 2018

The official Flower twitter account hinted at something big coming next year for her birthday.
Gynoids twitter account just reacted with a "No more" but Flower seems really excited and can't wait to talk more about it.

Maybe a new voicebank? Maybe a figure? Who knows. But whatever it is, I'm excited for next year!
A mechanical translation said "more anniversary days". Unless i'm getting something wrong... "days" not "day".

If it was a regular append or update, it would be celebrated on her normal anniversary day. And vocaloid companies don't typically have anniversaries for merch items or figures either. Maybe it would be a celebration about a concert and/or voicebank being released that's in a different language? I dunno.

uncreepy

Visual kei enthusiast
Apr 9, 2018
USA
The "Translate Tweet" function is absolutely dreadful. Google Translate usually works a bit better than the pathetic one Microsoft has.

@Exemplar Japanese does not differentiate between singular and plurals. You can only know by context. So, for example, something like "hoshi" could be "star" or "stars".

Flower's tweet says:
It's still a secret, but next year my anniversary days might be... multiplying...?
Gynoid replied saying she can't say more than that.

Personally, I think it's either a new voice bank (like a v5 port) or a talk voice (because of "GynoidTalk"). She said it would be a year from now, and the Meikas took slightly over a year to develop. And I think Exemplar's right about Vocaloid companies only celebrating major things like voicebanks or yearly concerts.

Mika

Jul 5, 2018
Germany
Yeah, it being a voicebank or talkbank does make more sense! Just got the idea for the figurine because they talked about that not long ago and how much they'd want that so I thought that that could be a possibility too.

xuu

fly like a butterfly
Apr 8, 2018
England
I feel like GynoidTalk is most likely, but could also see a V5 update on the cards for her somehow. I just hope that if they do it they either completely redo her (a la Lily V3/Native) or at least give her some appends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)