• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Discussion Thread

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Gumi ENG was on ice long before V5. In fact, I'm not really certain they ever cared to update her. I think we might have just decided they did.
I definitely recall them saying they wanted to update her on Twitter, but at the time they were saying ~2017, which was 2 years away. Guess circumstances changed and they decided it wasn't worth pursuing.

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
One thing that’s been on mind: does Neru count as a Vocaloid? Or is she just a fan-creation Crypton made official?
She’s an officially acknowledged fanloid technically. Her voice can be created using either Miku or Rin’s voicebanks (depending on one’s preference).
So she’s counted as a fanloid similar to Haku and Sakine Meiko )the “younger Meiko”)

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Inyeresting to see Voctro putting Voiceful to Unity now.
EDIT: looking over tge page, it seems this will release in April
It also has three versions: free, Lite (€325), Pro (€3500). Lite and Pro have the license fee and additiinal yearly subscription too it seems, with the first year included in the license fee. €90 a year for Lite and €1000 a year for Pro

Last edited:

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Seems like a very useful tool, though I don't use unity so I can't work the trial. Are there any examples up?

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Seems like a very useful tool, though I don't use unity so I can't work the trial. Are there any examples up?
I sug around the Voiceful website and found a demo of Voiceful you can mess with!
Voiceful Demos

Not sure how close to Voiceful Characters t is, but at the least the engine is the same.

There’s also this that I found that you can listen to

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I knew about those for a while know! I mean the SDK since it seems to be something entirely different, from what I understand it seems to be a bit more like an AI version of VOICEROID?

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
Can I ask what's the relation here? Like one of them has only her ponytail dyed blue, and that's about it. That's only for the beginning of the video as well, anyway. No outfits look similar nor do the songs sound similar?

Reactions: MillyAqualine

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Yamaha is going to be closed for Golden Week:

Last year, other companies like AHS and Crypton also were off for Golden Week (but Wat came in and worked because of the Shinkalion collab back then, if I remember right).

So, ask Vocaloid customer support anything you need to while you still can.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Oh wow, Golden Week came so quickly this year... I wonder if companies have been saving their announcements until after this extended holiday in order to provide customer support and so on.

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
Lena Raine goes into detail about using vocaloid in her solo project

"All of these versions of Vocaloid have been released and most of them have been in Japanese.
But in Vocaloid 5, which came out a year or two ago, they added an English voice."

That's probably one of the most irritating things I've read in a long time lmao. The rest of the article was very interesting to read but man, this just threw me of.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
"All of these versions of Vocaloid have been released and most of them have been in Japanese.
But in Vocaloid 5, which came out a year or two ago, they added an English voice."
That quote is triggering me so much. :LOL: Seriously, how can people still not realise or research that English Vocaloids have existed since V1, and have seen some famous usages? (Avanna in 'Sad Machine', Oliver in Bee and Puppycat, etc.)

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
Tianyi was mentioned in this article about an event held by the China Advertising Association that's about setting industry standards to help evaluate who would be a safe person to use in advertising in China (basically finding Beijing friendly faces with good manners to sell cars, makeup and whatever else). I'm going to post the google translated part that talked a bit about Tianyi and i'm sure someone will come up with a better translation...

Celebrity endorsement pits? KFC would rather choose virtual spokesperson

In addition to the commercial value assessment criteria, the Advertising Spokesperson Business Value Assessment Standard also includes two important indicators: endorsement effect monitoring and spokesperson risk assessment. The endorsement effect is important for the brand, but the worst result is no effect, and once the spokesperson has serious negative news, it will have a fatal blow to the brand reputation, this risk may exist in every artist.

Just as Wang Lili, the CEO of the European Union Chamber of Commerce Market and Communication Committee, said that the risk of spokesperson is unpredictable for the brand, just like KFC, from Ke Zhendong to Xue Zhiqian to Luhan, they have experienced several times. After the spokesperson's risk crisis, he finally chose a seemingly more "reliable" virtual singer Luo Tianyi as the spokesperson. Wang Lili ridiculed that this time KFC chose virtual idols, it is a fancy that "people set" will not collapse, safe and reliable.

In recent years, many forms of cooperation between brands and artists have evolved in a short, flat and fast direction, and have begun to favor multiple small cooperations to avoid the risks that artists may present.

Article> 中广协首个广告代言人标准出台 艾漫数据发布艺人商业价值报告 - A5创业网

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)