• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Project Diva Discussion

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018
This thread is for general discussion of Project Diva.

For heavy topic or discussion, such as for a specific Project Diva or other voice synthesis-related game, you may create a new thread.

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
This is not just a "news only" thread, right?

Just talk in general?
Well I really hope we will finally hear some news soon...
A few weeks ago Crypton tweeted that they were having a long conference with guys from Sega, so that probably had something to do with a new release!
Maybe the usual "39% of development is done" news will come for this year's Mirai?

NEL

New Fan
Apr 13, 2018
do you think tomorrow's sega fes will have anything to say about a new project diva/new vocaloid game in general? i sure hope so

blackout

Passionate Fan
Apr 13, 2018
Wat actually confirmed his meeting with Sega last month was specifically regarding the Diva series and not Magical Mirai so that gives me hope that we might actually see something new this year... Sega Fes would be a real nice chance to announce it but hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I'm not exactly expecting it either but I really hope I'm surprised

Really miss being excited for a new PjD game again so I hope they finally come thru with something new this year again, FTDX's having only 2 new songs didn't really cut it for me on that aspect. The way they were going might've worried them that they were exhausting the catalog of popular songs left to use but I think after all this time there's a whole lot of new material they can work with for the tracklist now, especially now that we even have a whole bunch of songs/modules that they used on the past couple MMs that haven't really appeared in any game yet. If we get nothing now then I'm praying for something till the next TGS

Reactions: DefiantKitsune

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
project mirai switch when

Honestly, it might have been a good idea to wait a little while b/t games just to let some songs build up.

On a slightly different note, what songs would you guys like to see in a new game? Personally, roughly sorted in order of likeliness:

-Unknown Mother Goose
-Thanks for Being Lifeless

-Whatever whatever whatever (PLEASE)
-Liar Dance
-Crescent Moon
-This is Our Justice! (they can reuse the Urotander outfits!)
-An English song made by a native/experienced Engloid user (ie MJQ, Circus-P, Empath-P - Circus might make for a more interesting level out of the three i mentioned)
-A few DLC songs from 1st that are still fairly popular (Wanderlast, Rip=Release, Alice, maybe Transmit)
-something new by Shigotoshite-P (well, a song that hasn't appeared before)
-something by Suzukaze-P (ridiculously unlikely, but Hometown was a diva room song way back when)

Reactions: Unagi

Kurenai_Akari

Doujin lyricist/Producer & MEIKO fanatic
Apr 8, 2018
Somewhere in Cali
piapro.jp
I hope there's some more DLC that comes from Project mirai. I know that we got a few (i.e. "Ageage Again"), but I'd totally pay $5 straight up to have "glow" in Future Tone.

project mirai switch when
-something by Suzukaze-P (ridiculously unlikely, but Hometown was a diva room song way back when)
Noice. Yeah, Suzukaze-P is terribly underrated & would really help in expanding MEIKO's PjD set list (I'd personally recommend "Flashback" or "Wagamama na Yume".

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Yeah well speaking of the songs from Mirai that didn't make it into Future Tone, I still think it would be best that they just come to that game eventually.

Other than that there are quite a few songs that came out over the years that would be a good fit, obviously the easy choice being the stuff that was featured in the concerts but didn't make it into the games yet, like Alien Alien, Birthday, Baby Maniacs and so on.

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I want Nebula by Tripshots so badly in the next game. It's such a cool song. Not to mention that the song was in 2009 what Sand Planet is today so I feel like it kinda deserves to be in Project Diva as a proper song instead of being just a part of a medley.

I think this the only song I remember really wanting in the game since forever. But other songs that I would like to see are Sand Planet, Whatever Whatever Whatever, unknown mother goose, secret, a birthday song for Miku and either Vocaloid no uta or Vocaloids are lame. There's probably more that I'm forgetting. orz

I would actually even love to see Gumi and her songs in the game possibly as a DLC if not already in-game in the next Project Diva. She was apparently supposed to be in Future Tone so I'm hopeful that's something that's possible I guess...

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
I want Nebula by Tripshots so badly in the next game. It's such a cool song. Not to mention that the song was in 2009 what Sand Planet is today so I feel like it kinda deserves to be in Project Diva as a proper song instead of being just a part of a medley.
[/spoiler]
I feel the same way about This Crazy Wonderful World Exists for Me, as well as Nebula (although I will admit that, while I like Nebula, I LOVE the medley arrangement of it, and want a full version of that.)

Gumi seems.... unlikely, unless they make a Mirai sequel. There's just too many licensing hoops for them to jump through.

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
I personally want to see Daughter/Servant of Evil from Mirai in the Arcades (probably would have to make some PV changes but that's ok). And Reverse Rainbow too. It's such a cute song, debatable classic.
If they aren't getting Gumi back because of licensing, then I'll take 1, 2 Panda with Rin and Len like in the concerts. Or the remix with Miku and Len.

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
The remix itself might be iffy b/c of licensing. Like, there are exactly two song in the games that isn't sung by the original vocal (A Single Red Leaf and High School Days). These were made by the original artists, the second with the express intent of making it eligible for the games.

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
Just googled those two, and I had no clue... Wow. Yeah, 1,2 might be weird then unless Mikito tuned Len for the Concert, and said it was ok. I wonder if there's similar weird things they have to talk through when they do other vocals then, since I think a few of them are tuned by other producers...

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Hey, what do you know. They are bringing the recent updates of EX Extreme charts from the Future Tone Arcade machine to both Future Tone and the Deluxe version, and even free of charge it seems! Now the game is "complete" again! :-)
Release date: Thursday, April 19th (so in just a few days!!)

PS4「Project DIVA Future Tone」&「FT DX」に高難易度譜面が追加されるアップデートファイルが配信決定! | 週刊ディーヴァ・ステーション | セガ

Future Sound: Ai Kotoba, Hatsune Miku no Gekishou, Magnet, Rolling Girl
Colorful Tone: Jugemu Sequencer, Soiyassaa!!, Time Limit, Hanamai Tsukuyomi Tan, Mousou Sketch, Leia

EDIT (I wanted to make a new post but it was auto merged, come on after so many days one should be able to do a new post...)
Surprised nobody seems to care about that here. Just tried the new stuff and well wow, apart from a few doable ones most of the new charts are really really hard, almost impossible to do well with the regular controller and one is literally impossible all the way through (Hatsune Miku no Gekishou, of course). I'll try eventually with my Hori controller but man...wished they would think of the controller when they know they bring it to the PS4 version.
Still, it was free so I guess it's fine.

Last edited:

Faiyez

Notorious Heretic
Apr 16, 2018
Costa Rica
myanimelist.net
Unfortunately, Kevin, if your post is merged, no new post notifications are sent out for anyone following the topic..

I noticed that my game already updated today.

About the charts and difficulty. Well in any case, the idea is to have parity with the arcade version (as much as possible). Since none of the charts are ever made with the DS4 in mind, I don't think these charts are necessarily meant for pad users even on the console version. Are macros not enough to solve the issue, though? I wouldn't know because I learned to play with a fight stick in arcade layout. I got so comfortable with the stick that when I eventually got to the actual arcade cabinet, I found that somewhat cumbersome and unwieldy.

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Last year, I used items to get rid of the double buttons in Project Diva F 2nd (>_>;) I'm not good enough to handle the double buttons.

My first "Perfect" was for Kaito and his song, 'A Thousand Year Solo' :seeu_lili: I even took a picture of it because I kept playing that song over and over to get that perfect (and other songs with him and Miku). So when I unlocked Kaito v3 I decided to use him and I got a Perfect with him. I was so happy on that. :kaito_lili:
When I showed the picture to my brother he said to me, "Yeah, but in easy." X D

Edit: Here is the picture (September 3, 2017)
KIMG0017.JPG

Last edited:

Unagi

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
California, U.S.A
I actually wanna play a Project Diva game, but I don't have a PS4 (I have an XBOX One), so all I can really do is get Project Mirai on my 3DS... :kaito_lili: Does anything think those games are good? The one on the 3DS?

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I have greatly improved with PD games, but even most the extreme charts are still too difficult for me, not to mention EX Extreme. On extreme difficulty I've completed maybe 7-8 songs (Future Tone DX). Currently I'm trying to perfect as many songs I can on Hard, so far I've perfected maybe 40-50%. What annoys me is when you're about to get a perfect score but close to the end of the song you hit that one Safe. It happens all too often >_<

Reactions: Unagi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)