• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

HATSUNE MIKU EXPO 2021 Online

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
I didn't know if I was even gonna be able to make it to any of the times/dates so I'm very thankful I got home in time for this one today, it went so well. Originally I was just gonna watch on youtube but I decided to switch to twitch for the digital stars which I loved and thought was a lot of fun. I wish I could be around for the jpn digital stars tomorrow but I don't think I'll be able to.....it's 5 am for me :gackpo_ani_lili:

Also, does anyone have the setlist? There was a song I remember liking but I already forgot the name. I think it came on after Alien Alien.
here you are ^u^

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I also have been thrilled with the inclusion of Digital Stars since its announcement and it really didn't disappoint! It was a wonderful way to kick off the concert experience.

I also LOVED the opening sequence, going through real-life Japan and the arrival of the Cryptonloids there, as well as the final real-life venue for the concert. Having the concert in such an everyday/accessible location was very different and really made it feel like a sort of spontaneous event that anyone could attend, sort of like the spontaneous outdoor performances of human musicians. In a way, it reminded me strongly of what we saw an inkling of in the virtual version of the Synchronicity event, although this has been enhanced many, many times beyond that. (I wish I could've seen the real-life Synchronicity event, which was much different from the virtual one, but I don't live in Japan. :) )

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Just a thought--I don't want to act like the police or anything, but would anyone who was discussing song titles from the actual concert be willing to edit their posts real quick to put those titles in spoilers? Hamano was right in his profile post--not everyone has seen the concert yet.

Thanks! Hope everyone enjoys the second round of the show!

Last edited:

Katastrophe

Not An Actual Phoenix
Apr 8, 2018
God, Utsu-P's and Pinocchio-P's setlists were absolutely legendary. I feel exhausted from the hype train and the second concert hasn't even started yet, lol. (My energy will probably come back when I see Miku again, though!)

• Love
Reactions: Mika and mobius017

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
I really liked it myself! Had lots of fun watching it with a friend and the volume tuned up loud (watched the second concert).
Utsu-P was really cool and PinocchioP of course too, though I wished he also would have been on video.

The concert was pretty amazing! Not much I wanna add for now, just also wondering since somebody else was mentiong it: That "Rin song" sure sounded an awful lot like Miku was singing? Or was it just a very distinct tuning? xd

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
I really liked it myself! Had lots of fun watching it with a friend and the volume tuned up loud (watched the second concert).
Utsu-P was really cool and PinocchioP of course too, though I wished he also would have been on video.

The concert was pretty amazing! Not much I wanna add for now, just also wondering since somebody else was mentiong it: That "Rin song" sure sounded an awful lot like Miku was singing? Or was it just a very distinct tuning? xd
mm.. she was singing that song, but I understand the feeling that her tune was similar to Miku, it can be confused especially during the first watch ^^ if you can watch the third concert, you'll notice the small details of Rin voice ^^

You’ve 📡👨 seen 👀👤🎅🏻 Miku on 🔛 stage, 4️⃣💖 but 😠 what 👏🏼 about 🥴 your 👉 wrist? ⌚💯 Wrist ⌚💯 World 🌍 is an AR game 🎯 using 😏 wristbands, now 🫂 featuring Hatsune Miku! Collect songs, dances, and even ✋ save 🦎 the world! 🌍 Do 👀 You 👀👦 Wrist ⌚💯 World? 🌎
hehe :len_smile_lili:
that commercial is catchy, indeed! :miku_rylitah:

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Watched the second concert also. It was fun, and the visual side was very well executed from animations to stage setup and lighting. The models Miku and co. had were a refreshing change to the usual Sega models.
I kind of wish they had used different modules/costumes, but you can't have everything. And to be honest Miku's main visual costume looked awful in my opinion (not a fan of the costume design to begin with, sorry)

I admit I wasn't that thrilled about an online concert knowing it's no match for an in-person concert experience, but I did enjoy it. Good thing we got this in a time when real life events are difficult to organize. Still, I'd rather take an in-person concert next (please Japan ease up your travel restrictions before Magical Mirai).

• Love
Reactions: mobius017

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Watched the second concert also. It was fun, and the visual side was very well executed from animations to stage setup and lighting. The models Miku and co. had were a refreshing change to the usual Sega models.
I kind of wish they had used different modules/costumes, but you can't have everything. And to be honest Miku's main visual costume looked awful in my opinion (not a fan of the costume design to begin with, sorry)

I admit I wasn't that thrilled about an online concert knowing it's no match for an in-person concert experience, but I did enjoy it. Good thing we got this in a time when real life events are difficult to organize. Still, I'd rather take an in-person concert next (please Japan ease up your travel restrictions before Magical Mirai).
mm about the different main module, they've chosen it because is the kind of official one for all the Miku appearances in real life locations, especially in many Sapporo tour videos she is wearing that module ^u^
and about the usual Project Diva modules, they needed to change for making the AR works ^^

• Love

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
That was awesome!! I'm finally going to watch the concert!

Vault Kid and KIRA's sets were great. The chat went *crazy* during KIRA's performance, I was singing along the whole time.

• Love

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Actually a bit disappointed with what I just found out: I assumed, the concert was played LIVE 3 times. But well I recorded the 2nd concert and just synced it up with the ongoing stream and... it is the exact same.
Yes lol, obviously Miku is, but I thought the band was playing live with AR added to it in real time.
Did they say it was not live?
Wonder if the first screening was live or if it was just recorded altogether.

Don't get me wrong I really liked the entire thing, just a bit sad to realize it was not done live. Maybe I was the only one actually assuming that anyway xd

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
Yes lol, obviously Miku is, but I thought the band was playing live with AR added to it in real time.
Did they say it was not live?
There's a difference between "realtime AR" and playing live or in "real time"/concurrently with the stream. All of the AR effects were being created and rendered in realtime with the band's performance, which is technologically impressive, but it isn't the same as a live broadcast.

Ungray Days just played, they were definitely using the Miku version from SAKKAC CRAFT instead of the original Rin version lmao. Oops.

JGV

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Caught all 3 showings of the concert though I was half ded during the 2nd showing and missed the JP Digital Stars.

At first, I was a bit disappointed not having the screen projection and it being a recording. Then I realize the venue is outdoors and on top of a building. So it makes sense to do a recording. So it's a different experience for a livestream.

As for the setlist. No complaints and no highlights. I would consider it a perfect setlist, imo. If it were longer, that's a different story.
Setlists are just getting better and better. Mixing old with new. People love the band as well.

In terms of the whole online experience. I feel it was a success and better than I hope. An 15 hour long event were people can attend 3 Miku concerts and 3 special lives. Can't beat that. Though irl, that would be difficult, exhausting, and expensive.

Also, I am just happy to attend a Miku event this year with friends albeit virtually. XD

CdrSonan

Passionate Fan
Sep 12, 2019
For me it was awesome through and through
I love that they got new 3D models from Marza again, they're really expressive! And the AR tech has improved so much! The perspective issues from the Miku With You concert are gone, and I could gush over the lighting they're using forever.

The setlist was great as well, I like how they mixed new songs with the old classics. And having individual visuals for all of them is great as well!

What surprised me the most was Miku speaking English. It sounded much better than V4 English, so I'm really wondering which program this is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)