• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku Expo Europe 2018

Ceres

「会いたかった」
May 13, 2018
Uhhh I finally made an account here
What can I say, it's such an important step and hopefully it means Europe will have more Expos in the future hopefully more locations next time
I'm still super excited about the announcement and a bit clueless about what to do... London is a 100% for me but Cologne had to be on a Tuesday... It's the one that caught the most of my attention but it's so many months in advance that I don't know if I could be able to attend on such a day, why ;~; France could also be nice but for some reason since it's still part of the Japonisimes I feel something weird about it? oh god too many possibilities
Anyway I'm hoping the set lists are the same for all the locations, although it would be fun for those who manage to go to every concert I would feel horrible knowing I missed any song haha
Btw I feel that not many people are talking about this? Hmmm

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
^Welcome!
I believe all three concerts will have the same setlist. Of course they might surprise us, but I think it's unlikely.
By the way, remember guys that ticket sales (apparently) start on May 18th! (I haven't heard anything about ticket prices yet, hope they'll be reasonable).

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
I’ve been using the US prices as a rough estimate so I’ve saved enough that I could totally buy a US ticket. I just hope I’m right about my guess.

Reactions: xuu
Same as @Cluemily .

Since this is my first time going to a Miku Expo, I have a bunch of questions (and I probably will PM some people this week, so don't ignore me):

1) What are all the benefits of being a VIP? I only know of early access, best seats and access to the press conference.
2) Does the press conference happen before or after the concert on the same day?

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
I know for the US VIP it had an exclusive merchandise gift bag, the general admission standing ticket plus early entry into the venue. Though I heard from some the early entry was only like...30 minutes earlier than the normal opening time?

I can't tell you anything about a press conference, but since the Miku Expo are planned for the one day event (I think?) I'd assume it's all on the same day.

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
Man I hope they give a date/time before they release the tickets for sale...and nothing changes after the release of tickets. I was planning to sort my hotel/transport as soon as I had the tickets guaranteed so that would be a major bummer.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I'm interested in the Paris/London-UK (I live in London, Ontario, which is in Canada) event but I have no clue if I can find a hotel...
I don't live in London, but I can tell you that major UK cities always have tons of hotels at cheap-to-decent prices. If you end up staying somewhere outside London, there are train and bus lines that can take you to the city centre itself, but be warned, British public transport has gone pretty dire over the decades. Both train and bus tickets have become overpriced, and both have a really bad tendency to be late on arrival.

There is one possible reason for delaying ticket sales that I can imagine.
The announced time was May 18th (at midnight?) according to the Japanese time zone. At this time, it would be 7 hours earlier in Middle Europe, 8 hours in the UK. I live in Germany and since I never heard of sellers starting sales according to JST, I guess that they just could not manage the venues of 3 countries to follow the announced Japanese time and start selling simultaneously.
Either that or one of the venues has not organized some task yet. After all, the LANXESS arena is already listing concerts for 2019 and to announce a large-scale concert in May for December 2018 is a little hurry.

One thing I noticed is that the Cologne concert is scheduled one day earlier than the Lord of Rings orchestra that takes place one day later. Lord of Rings orchestra was announced earlier and the sales already started. I don't know how complicated it is to prepare a stage for Miku concerts but I hope they can remove it before the orchestra starts preparing. It will lead to a delay if they cannot.

Last edited:
I browsed through the YouTube comments of the announcement video and found German comments by the user Latias Latios saying that he/she has contacted the LANXESS arena per email and telephone because the Miku Expo isn't on their schedule yet and they answered that it's not happening and wasn't even discussed. ?!
I know it's not a trustful source and even if he/she did actually contact them, they might have just lied to them because of some private business reason. But there is definitely something fishy. They have concerts for November 2019 scheduled but no Miku Expo in 2018?
Honestly, if this is the reason why ticket sales have been postponed, then they better move the Germany concert to another town instead of waiting for approval. I just want tickets for any show quickly.

So far, I feel like only the Paris show is safe because it's confirmed by Japonismes. If ticket sales are postponed because they have some problems in Cologne or London, then they better only postpone them instead of all the shows. I don't want all of the shows to get delayed until 2019 just because one of the shows has problems. It just looks like one of these "one is guilty - everyone gets punished" situations. I don't wish for any show that has problems to be canceled - oh, God, no - but I just wish they would start selling tickets for the shows that are ready and deal with the problems of the remaining show while people can already secure their tickets.

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
There is no Crypton would just announce something like that without even having contacted the venue, so obviously it's a different reason.
I am sure they can figure it out and we have news soon! :-)

Btw, I browsed the comments of the video and couldn't find the comment you were talking about.

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
Now that made me curious and for the Olympia London I checked and they don't have a single event listed for December, though they do have ones for November 2018 and January 2019. I do hope they give solid, guaranteed show dates soon because I don't want to leave my train tickets too late and I can't get the seats I want.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
There is no Crypton would just announce something like that without even having contacted the venue, so obviously it's a different reason.

Btw, I browsed the comments of the video and couldn't find the comment you were talking about.
This.
Clearly something unexpected caused the delay, but I believe (hope) there's no danger of event cancellation or relocating. Perhaps the problem has something to do with ticket agency /agencies?

Screenshot_20180526-212407.png
Screenshot_20180526-165517.png
It's a reply to another comment. This user has also commented similar replies to other German comments.

I don't think that Crypton would do such a ridiculous thing either but it's still fishy that, according to the user's comment, "Miku Expo Europe was not even discussed internally". I might contact them myself, out of curiosity, just to see if they formulate it like this. If they don't react like "a what Expo?", then they are just hiding the information (or they are actually Miku fans lol). I want to hope that it's really a small issue and none of the shows get postponed like the ticket sales. Although the Expo in Paris isn't listed on the venues homepage either, I still think that this is the only 100% safe event yet because it has been announced a long time ago as part of the Japonismes. I don't want this one to be postponed if another show has problems.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)