• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku Expo Europe 2018

Dash_daria

New Fan
Nov 6, 2018
Hello guys! I am new here and I'm glad that I found you because after closing vocaloid Otaku I couldn't find good place for my vocaloid interest. Anyway I'm going to Olympia London for Expo and it will be my first time in London and also seeing vocaloid concert. So I am both scared and excited :).

Reactions: RabbitWhale39

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA

Sounds interesting! I suppose this means you can get yourself photographed with the "hologram" Miku?
Oh yeah, I remember MikuExpo 2016 had that. I didn’t buy it because it was like $300 or something, but it was cool.

I went digging for the Miku Expo 2016 campaigb, here you should find information about the on-stage pictures. I’m assuming it’ll be that way at Miku Expo Europe too, or at least a similar event to that.

Reactions: hamano

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
I swear if this is also like £300 I'm probably gonna make a hard pass on this opportunity. At most I'd maybe pay £39 for a picture? This isn't a fundraising campaign so I hope it won't be too much just for a picture. It'd be a fun souvenir.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
300?! I really really hope it's not that expensive! I'd love to have a photo with Miku but I wouldn't pay 300 for one, that'd be too much. We'll just have to wait for more info and hope the price is reasonable. If the price is under 50 EUR I'm happy (the less it costs the better of course).

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
When I checked, iy was...actually $390. So hopefully it’ll be better for Europe. At 2016, only two people could take a picture with Miku so more than that you’d have to buy another ticket to a photo. I’m hoping it isn’t too bad, because that’s an experience I would’ve liked that Europeans should totally get a fair chance. But if anything, I guess some people would pay that high if they really loved Miku THAT much (or had money)

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
That does sound like a really awesome experience that I'd love to have. But $390 is quite possibly more than the cost of an airplane ticket to Europe in the first place. I guess you might consider it if you had the money and had already spent enough to get there, get tickets, get a hotel, etc., but that price does make my Photoshopping fingers itchy. Though I don't think pasting your own together would end up being near as satisfying, when all was said and done....

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
Who else wants to bring their actual Crypton VOCALOID boxes and take pictures? That'll be about the same price at that point, right? No one sane can justify paying £339 for a picture with a projection of a cute anime girl.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Oh man, they didn’t even adjust it for conversions, just took the 390 and slapped a different currency synbol on it...

I wonder how they decided the price ti be that high. I mean, I guess it technically is a photo with a celebrity but she’s not... real

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Oh man, they didn’t even adjust it for conversions, just took the 390 and slapped a different currency synbol on it...

I wonder how they decided the price ti be that high. I mean, I guess it technically is a photo with a celebrity but she’s not... real
IMO?
  • 390 of whatever units is a clear choice for the "39," for one thing. In fact, the fact that they don't adjust for different currencies kind of tips their hand, in my mind, to the fact that it's arbitrarily chosen for that reason, rather than being an actual reflection of what the experience really costs.
  • They figure they can get it, because some fans would be willing to pay it, maybe? Especially if you think you're only going to the one concert.
  • Not a very nice thought, but maybe they want to limit the sorts of people who get their pictures taken? Though they already have a limit of 10 per city, they might want to ensure that they only let people who are heavily invested in a good outcome walk up onto the stage, with all the expensive equipment, and get a photo op.

Ceres

「会いたかった」
May 13, 2018
Waaa- I kind of understoond that price back in the day when it was a fundraiser and was something special but this is sorta ridiculous.
I wonder if this is just to secure somewhat that the Europe tour is financially successful, or who knows maybe it's just for the sake of exclutivity (Love the fact that the UK gets it cheaper just for being "aesthetic" lmao, as cute as the "39" trend is it sometime gets out of hand)
The lack of info short of worries me, I guess it will be similar to the USA one but I don't recall anyone sharing their experiences back in the day...
For that price I would at least hope you could choose to have a photo with another loid of your liking so no thanks :')

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
The link to purchase the photo experience is now up:
Hatsune Miku

On the website it says the photo session is about 5 mins and no extra benefits...
(I would've thought the price was more reasonable if it included a special gift or something extra, but seems not)

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
I'm interested in the fact that the website seems to be a general band merch store, so I'm holding out hope that they'll announce online sales for merch soon if they are gonna. 'Cos if they leave it any longer any European attendees might risk the goods not being delivered in time. Outside of Europe and the UK the estimated shipping is already past the date of the first concert.

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
In a way I really don't think it's justified supporting these prices but... I really can't complain.
I am lucky that I am in a relationship with somebody who is also a big fan and wanted this a lot too, paired with the fact that I seem to be liked a bit too much :-D

So as a massive Miku fan I can't say anything but I'm excited that I get to have a picture with "actual Miku", even if the price is ridiculous.
Two people allowed per purchase sealed the deal for us I guess! :-)

Curious information too, Paris is already sold out.

Haha looking at my current profile pic I guess it's time for a change of avatar soon!! :-D

EDIT:
Cologne is sold out too now^^
Leaving only London

Last edited:

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Just like I thought, it's a crazy price but people are willing to pay. At least, so far, 20 people are willing. I’m sure London will sell out soon too.

@39dearMIKU you’re like the one person I did expect would go for this, haha! Make sure to let us know about that experience, only the luckiest (and I guess richest too) Miku fans get to experience something like this!

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
I am just blessed with a generous partner in a relationship right now :-)

But thanks I will!
I guess I am infamous haha

EDIT: Aaaand London is sold out too. There were at least 30 crazy enough people^^
This was definitely a success for Crypton lol. THAT'S how you make 11 700€ xd

Last edited:
In a way I really don't think it's justified supporting these prices but... I really can't complain.
I am lucky that I am in a relationship with somebody who is also a big fan and wanted this a lot too, paired with the fact that I seem to be liked a bit too much :-D

So as a massive Miku fan I can't say anything but I'm excited that I get to have a picture with "actual Miku", even if the price is ridiculous.
Two people allowed per purchase sealed the deal for us I guess! :-)

Curious information too, Paris is already sold out.

Haha looking at my current profile pic I guess it's time for a change of avatar soon!! :-D

EDIT:
Cologne is sold out too now^^
Leaving only London
Just like I thought, it's a crazy price but people are willing to pay. At least, so far, 20 people are willing. I’m sure London will sell out soon too.

@39dearMIKU you’re like the one person I did expect would go for this, haha! Make sure to let us know about that experience, only the luckiest (and I guess richest too) Miku fans get to experience something like this!
I am just blessed with a generous partner in a relationship right now :-)

But thanks I will!
I guess I am infamous haha

EDIT: Aaaand London is sold out too. There were at least 30 crazy enough people^^
This was definitely a success for Crypton lol. THAT'S how you make 11 700€ xd
Guess who's gonna take photos with Miku right after his very first concert in Paris? :miku_ani_lili:

Reactions: mobius017
After? I am pretty sure the shoots are before the concert :-P

Or wait are you going to Paris and then Cologne too and take a pic there?
BEFORE?? Oh man, I'm getting nervous already...
To be honest, I didn't even look at the details yet since I have been busy all day. A friend of mine who is going to visit all 3 concerts got a ticket and offered me to take the photos together in Paris. I'm just gonna pay him half of the price at the concert. I could have gotten the ticket myself if they announced this one month in advance, but even I can't get this much in one day.
The photo session is going to be in Paris. I'm attending the show in Paris (standing) and Cologne (VIP).

*sigh* I guess the Internet is going to see my face soon since I will definitely swag around with those photos.^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)