• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku Expo Europe 2018

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Woooow that is shitty. Just NOW I got the mail that it was shipped.
I ordered first thing when the shop opened but for some reason they really took my time with my shipment!
I live in Germany and it takes 4-10 days it says, so it really is up to luck now whether or not it will arrive before I leave for the concert in Cologne.
Bad organisation!

EDIT:
They posted a short band rehearsal on Facebook, practicing the theme song.
You can see Misawa-san, the drummer that played at previous Miku Expos and Mikupas and the new bassist.
In the first few seconds you can also see the second guitarist, Teramae-san and Meg.me.
Why do they always focus so much on that weird Miku figure...there are so many cute Miku figures and plushies, why always that..!

EDIT 2:
Yet another video! A new song for a Miku show, seems to be an English song. I never heard of it but according to comments it's Cybernetic by Yunosuke and Circus-P.
You can see the other band members more clearly here.

Well, as long as there are not too many English songs...

Last edited:

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
I'm glad they're using more western producer's songs. It adds a nice variety. Cybernetic is pretty good so I can't wait to see it performed live.

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
Why do they always focus so much on that weird Miku figure...there are so many cute Miku figures and plushies, why always that..!
Because that Miku is supposed to represent Miku and the Fanbase at once. It's a figure for us to design the Miku we like. It's also a relatively small figure so you can put it in a lot of pictures and videos without stealing too much attention from what you actually want people to look at. It's a smart move and she's also quite cute.

Uhh a new english Miku song! So cool. I hope that means that we don't have to listen to Anamanaguchis 'Miku'. It's such an annoying song in my opinion.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I think that 'u' Miku is just a meme that they've taken too far already. It took off from a promo pic for the USA tour Let's Paint events and now it has somehow become a mascot for the Europe tour too. I have to agree with Kevin about this figure.
A customisable figure is a nice thing, but do they have to put it everywhere? I don't find it particularly pleasing to the eye either. That's just a matter of taste of course, some like it and some don't.
(I wish there was a customisable non-deformed figure, I'd buy some right away)

In regards to the English song, it sounds okay, although I'm not really a fan of either producer, or Miku singing in English, but it's good to have an English song in the setlist too (one is enough in my opinion, or max two).

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com

The Let's Paint venue for London has been added. The location is actually connected to the concert venue so it's a very short trek to the concert line, as the Let's Paint event closes when the VIP access begins.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Hmmm... I suppose the Miku Expo merch I preordered won't arrive before the Cologne event. Thankfully I have a good supply of penlights, T-shirts and happis to take with me.
I wish they had started the online sales earlier. I feel bad for those first time goers who didn't get their order in time for Paris and are unsure about securing the goods on site (esp. penlights).

Anyway, the Paris concert is tomorrow, everyone who's going there, have fun and enjoy!
(And please don't spoil the setlist afterwards :))

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Sorry to hear that!
I also didn't need anything to arrive in time because of all my past Magical Mirai visits, but for two German buyers (shipped last Thursday) mine and a friend of mine's were both delivered 2 days ago.

You are going to Cologne? Well, you still have Saturday for the goods to arrive at least (unless you are leaving today or early tomorrow)!

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
^ In Finland the mail doesn't move anywhere on Saturdays (or Sundays). It must be in Finland already, it's not the first time Finnish Post is being slow with my packages from abroad.
Technically there's still Monday, but I don't think I'm getting them before I leave.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
^ In Finland the mail doesn't move anywhere on Saturdays (or Sundays). It must be in Finland already, it's not the first time Finnish Post is being slow with my packages from abroad.
Technically there's still Monday, but I don't think I'm getting them before I leave.
Wow, that stinks. It doesn't sound like you know exactly where your package is, but if you had any way of knowing, could you go to the appropriate post office and pick it up (provided the office is close enough)? Or do Finland's post offices close entirely on Saturdays?

I only think of it because I've had to go pick stuff up before when the post office in the US has gotten its wires crossed. Kinda defeats the point of having mail delivery when you have to go get the stuff from them, but...meh. :)

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
^If there was tracking then I could know where it is, but no.
Ofc there's a small chance the package has arrived at my local post office today and they haven't notified me yet that I can pick it up. (Parcels coming from abroad usually have to be picked up from the post office, except EMS and small packages the mailman can carry.)
Post offices are open on Saturdays, so you can pick up and send stuff, but basically nothing moves in or out of the office before Monday.

Anyway, back to Miku Expo news:

JGV

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Today is the BIG day. The first Miku concert in Europe!!! Expecting rain today and it’s not a Miku event without a little rain.

I checked out the venue yesterday and saw the boss man Hiroyuki Itoh walking around.

Expecting many fans from Japan to be at the Paris show to celebrate this occasion. Also, gives me people to talk with as I know zero French.

Going to get merch first, then figure where the queue will be.

Everybody have fun and do your best!!! Miku Expo Europe 2018 is going to be a blast!!!!!!!!!

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Heh it's gonna be tough not to check news about this, but for once I don't want any spoilers!
I want to be surprised about the setlist.

And yeah I am wondering a lot, how many Japanese fans will be there (in Cologne)?

To everybody who is about to experience Miku for the first time live ever: It might not be a Magical Mirai event, but I am sure Miku live will be everything you ever wished for. Have a blast and make sure to support Miku's first gig in Europe to the fullest! She deserves no worse! I'll do my part, as always, in Cologne^^

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I hope eveyone enjoys Miku Expo Paris! Wish I coul be in Europe to experience with you guys.

Also let’s remember to use spoiler tags for setlist, some people would like to go in blind and be completely surprised just like you’ll be today.

Dash_daria

New Fan
Nov 6, 2018
I just can't wait for seeing Miku in London and all those posts from paris makes me even more inpatient i also hope that i'll pursue for Let's Paint :)

Since I'm one of those who organize offkais, I cannot spend much time online during the concert tour.
I came back from Paris and soon I will be flying to Cologne

But before I go back to preparations, let me tell the world one thing: I'm speechless.
I have been trying to write a few sentences for at least one hour and I just can't. During this show, when the spotlight shined down at me, who was standing in the middle of the very first row, I completely forgot where I was.
For the first time in my life, I felt like this was the moment I lived for.
And that was only one of these moments.

I watched the entire concert from the best position, I was standing next to Miku while a photograph has taken photos of us and I even met Hiroyuki Itoh, talked to him in Japanese, got my Miku plush signed and even took a photo with him!!!!

I just don't know how I can describe this. Even while some of these things happened before the show started, it just felt so unbelievable to me, like it was just a dream.
But when the show finally started and I saw Miku moving on stage, I finally understood that all of it was real. Just like this unnatural feeling in my heart that I felt since the day I first saw Miku online. Now I feel it in my entire torso.
All my doubts are gone now. Hatsune Miku has now become the absolute core of me - and there is nothing in this world that could now convinve me of something else!

Reactions: hamano

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)