• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku Expo Europe 2018

Ceres

「会いたかった」
May 13, 2018
Have fun tonight those that are going to Cologne tonight! There's only a few hours left until the magic begins!! :miku_ani_lili:

I received an email from Olympia a few minutes ago, too, some of the highlights are:
"There will be a merchandise booth in Olympia Central Level One from 1pm-3:30pm and a merchandise booth in Olympia National (gallery level) from 4:30pm until the start of the show."
I hope it means that they will be two separate booths with their own supplies, and not that the left over supplies from the first booth carry to the second!
I doubt I can be on time for the first one, I wanted to head over to the let's paint first, since I'll arrive pretty close to the opening time of the workshop... So finger's crossed that there's still merch left.

Another point is:
"Not bring any bags larger than A4 size"
The backpack I had planned to bring is slighty bigger than that. Should I reconsider bringing something smaller? Thankfully I haven't prepared everything yet but I would need to find something that I like haha... Although the letter says "requested" as it isn't super strict? Maybe there wouldn't be a problem since it isn't that big? A4 is a weird meassure for a bag... :s

In any case, I'm super excited! I tried no to spoil the setlist for France but I'm curious if there'll be changes between the locations!

Misas' Bass

New Fan
Dec 4, 2018
I received an email from Olympia a few minutes ago, too, some of the highlights are:
"There will be a merchandise booth in Olympia Central Level One from 1pm-3:30pm and a merchandise booth in Olympia National (gallery level) from 4:30pm until the start of the show."
I hope it means that they will be two separate booths with their own supplies, and not that the left over supplies from the first booth carry to the second!
I doubt I can be on time for the first one, I wanted to head over to the let's paint first, since I'll arrive pretty close to the opening time of the workshop... So finger's crossed that there's still merch left.
The wording on the Ts & Cs says

"VIP ticket holders will be able to enter Olympia National (gallery level) from Olympia Central Level One from 4:30pm. Prior to this they will be able to wait
in Olympia Central Level One from 1pm after entering through the Olympia Central Foyer"

So the 4:30 Merch is VIP first, then general later I assume. I can't get there until 3:30ish, so at least i'll have an hour to buy stuff before the GA guys n gals enter.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
The setlist for Cologne was awesome, more than I could've hoped for! (I'll leave it at that, since I don't wanna spoil anything for those going to London show).
The atmosphere couldn't match Magical Mirai of course, but still not bad. As there were many people who had their first concert, obviously the wotagei wasn't very uniform. Thankfully I was sitting next to some Japanese fans, so we kinda led the back half of Block 101 hehe :D

I'll write more about my experience later when I get home, or maybe on weekend. I have a serious headache now (dehydration maybe? I had to give my water bottles away upon entering).

All in all, still an awesome experience and I'm glad I could make it here and support Miku's first European Tour!

JGV

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
End of the line for me. Won’t be going to London :(

It’s been exciting!!! First time in Europe for Miku’s first time in Europe.
CFM is working very hard on this tour. I’m thankful for their hard work. You don’t often see the production team in person or the boss Itoh-san walking around. (Surprised me when he was walking around the crowd during Cologne concert.)

Just to keep it short. Both shows were great. Just what I expected. Everybody having a great time. The wotagei is all over the place, but everyone did a good job on the theme song. I’m quite impressed.

As for complaints.....

Under the spoiler tag. As it does hint at the setlist and me being knit picky. My complaints are the absence of individual Kagamine songs, one Rin song and one Len song. Then SETLIST CHANGES. Changing 5 songs is far too many and people miss out on their favorite songs.

Last edited:

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
It was amazing! I loved all of the songs that were played and I liked the changes that were made and I was super surprised at some times. Miku also spoke german and it sounded so good!? Whoever tuned that is a god I swear.

I have to agree that the crowd was kinda all over the place with their glowsticks but it probably was the first concert for most of the people there, including me. I also saw a lot of children! A small group of kids who looked like they were maybe somewhere inbetween 8-10 (and they cosplayed awww) and the girl infront of me in the merchandise line looked like she was 13. Made me so happy to see them so excited to be able to see Miku. But the most suprising thing was that the merchandise sold out COMPLETELY. They even took the shirts from the mannequins, it was wild. I was super lucky and got one of the last glowsticks that were available.

Btw. did anyone take pictures of the piapro wall, the map and the art that was showcased there? I wanted to but I had no time because of the long merchandise line and after the concert it wasn't there anymore. :(

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
French Huffington Post article about the clapback Miku fans had about a tv news story that mocked them

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
^ Yeah that was the TMC sequence from Le Petit Q that was broadcasted yesterday OTL That felt weird to see those two worlds colliding again but I kinda regretted they mocked it instead of staying objective... However they were less condescending than last time but eeeeeh I wasn't expecting much a miracle about it... After I can't say the "too bad they focus solely on Miku'" since it was about the Miku Expo, but I remember the last time they talked about Vocaloid they even mistook Miku with Luka x_x"' And even if I love World is mine and will forever be my top fave Vocaloid song, I still think it's not representative enough (even if they showed the part with Senbonzakura) so people, especially those who aren't into vocal synth world at all, will keep a "cutesy anime eeriness" feel while if they knew about songs like Gomenne Gomenne and others that are far from being so sugary and so upbeat.... ç_ç"' However happy to see people leaving the concert with joy -I kinda wished I could go but again I wasn't having a peaceful agenda lately and Paris is still truly far away from me so I preferred to let others fans enjoy it =P - and so beautiful cosplays~ Probably some of you were on TV and I ddin't recognize you yet x'D

(And in case you're wondering, yes this is the same team as the one from Le Petit Journal that was originally broadcasted on Canal+, this time working in Quotidien on TMC, if you need more details about those stories and why this channel jump so you don't feel lost whenever I'm talking about French channels, feel free to PM me)

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
It was amazing! I loved all of the songs that were played and I liked the changes that were made and I was super surprised at some times. Miku also spoke german and it sounded so good!? Whoever tuned that is a god I swear.

I have to agree that the crowd was kinda all over the place with their glowsticks but it probably was the first concert for most of the people there, including me. I also saw a lot of children! A small group of kids who looked like they were maybe somewhere inbetween 8-10 (and they cosplayed awww) and the girl infront of me in the merchandise line looked like she was 13. Made me so happy to see them so excited to be able to see Miku. But the most suprising thing was that the merchandise sold out COMPLETELY. They even took the shirts from the mannequins, it was wild. I was super lucky and got one of the last glowsticks that were available.

Btw. did anyone take pictures of the piapro wall, the map and the art that was showcased there? I wanted to but I had no time because of the long merchandise line and after the concert it wasn't there anymore. :(
Ah, I love the sound of Miku in German!! She sounds so cute, and I’m only about intermediate in German but could understand her fairly well...I imagine natives would do much better understanding her than I would hehe

I’m really happy to see how everyone seems to be enjoying the concerts. Makes me wish I could’ve gone!! I’ve watched a few videos I could find around and it looks so awesome!

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Hey guys! People who know me might have been surprised I didn't post an usual long post with my thoughts on a Miku event.
Well, I thought, I made an event report as always anyway, so just save me the time to write and just wait until it's finished.
Here you go! My experience on Miku Expo Europe 2018, Cologne! It was better than I expected, even for somebody who went to many Mirai events in the past.
Have a look :-)

Hey guys! People who know me might have been surprised I didn't post an usual long post with my thoughts on a Miku event.
Well, I thought, I made an event report as always anyway, so just save me the time to write and just wait until it's finished.
Here you go! My experience on Miku Expo Europe 2018, Cologne! It was better than I expected, even for somebody who went to many Mirai events in the past.
Have a look :-)

I'm glad that the sticker I put on Omsk (Siberia) on the Concert Wall has made it into the end of your video, haha! I put another one on Berlin when I was in Paris though. Glad to have seen you there as well. By the way, that Miku cosplayer you have filmed next to the Miku paper stand is actually a huge fan of yours from the Netherlands.

I'm disappointed about the German fan crowd as well. In our block it seemed like the most hyped people were my friend and me and two Chinese guys to my left. Someone behind me even wanted to leave before the encore... How did that guy even get a VIP ticket? The fans in Paris have all been very lively, making much more hype before, during and after the concert. I'm glad to have been to both shows.

I will post written reviews once my new vocaberlin.de domain launches. Currently very busy with that.

Also, today at 9pm CET you can listen to my interview about Miku Expo Europe on animeradio.de! Both shows have been amazing for me.

Since I'm one of those who organize offkais, I cannot spend much time online during the concert tour.
I came back from Paris and soon I will be flying to Cologne

But before I go back to preparations, let me tell the world one thing: I'm speechless.
I have been trying to write a few sentences for at least one hour and I just can't. During this show, when the spotlight shined down at me, who was standing in the middle of the very first row, I completely forgot where I was.
For the first time in my life, I felt like this was the moment I lived for.
And that was only one of these moments.

I watched the entire concert from the best position, I was standing next to Miku while a photograph has taken photos of us and I even met Hiroyuki Itoh, talked to him in Japanese, got my Miku plush signed and even took a photo with him!!!!

I just don't know how I can describe this. Even while some of these things happened before the show started, it just felt so unbelievable to me, like it was just a dream.
But when the show finally started and I saw Miku moving on stage, I finally understood that all of it was real. Just like this unnatural feeling in my heart that I felt since the day I first saw Miku online. Now I feel it in my entire torso.
All my doubts are gone now. Hatsune Miku has now become the absolute core of me - and there is nothing in this world that could now convinve me of something else!
And this magical song was "birthday" by ryuryu. It was really an undescribeable atmosphere when the spotlight has been shining in my eyes and the only things I saw were Miku, the little lamps in the background which looked like stars, and shining white light. I did not manage to relive this heavenly moment in Cologne since I was standing in row 11, unfortunately.

Misas' Bass

New Fan
Dec 4, 2018
Currently about 6 rows back at the London gig. It’s friggin boiling, but I’m not moving ?. 2 hours to go....

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
@ZAR-PARTY
YEAH OMG in Cologne I saw two people or so in the FRONT row in the middle...sitting!!!
Like, well I guess for first time goers in the sections further back it's ok to just experience this at their own pace for the first time, but in the VIP block, let alone first row?
Like, say whatever you want, say I'm selfish (?), but give people like me or other fans that seat. Get the **** outta there, nobody has business being in the front row and showing that kind of disrespect.
End of ranting...

And yeah Birthday... I had to cry, it hit me. And I didn't think a Miku concert in Germany could have done that :-(

Btw guys the 5 different songs for London were...

13. Glow
14. The Disappearance of Miku
15. Uramote Lovers
17. Just be Friends
23. Uta ni Katachi wa nai Keredo

So two songs that were also in Paris (17 and 23) and 3 "new" songs.
Kinda sad because in total Cologne was the weakest 5 songs imo.

Really really disappointed as fuck ONLY Cologne didn't have Uta ni Katachi wa nai Keredo, I went to SO many Miku concerts and always wanted to hear it and STILL missed out as the only European concert.

At least it's balanced a bit by ONLY Cologne having Luka Luka Night Fever and NOT Just Be Friends (which I personally can't stand).

No use for most of us here with the next location, but still good to see they announce more, so in the end it's good for all of us and increases chances they will come back here.
Miku Expo Europe sounds like a success anyway :-)

For now I'll look forward and save money for more Miku in Japan next year :-D Miku in Japan is something else and Magical Mirai...definitely magical indeed...

EDIT:

Miku speaking English in London.
Just like I thought! Of all 3 languages, Miku speaking in a language she actually has a voicebank for sounded the worst, least cute! ^^
Miku English just doesn't sound quite like herself still I think, and I assume they used her Japanese voicebank to tune her in French/German.
I thought her German sounded super cute, would have never thought so, but this English...there is something off. Kinda lacks emotions and cuteness.

Last edited:

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I’m glad to see the tour went well and everyone enjoyed themselves, from what I saw.

I didn’t get to go, being an ocean away, but I liked the setlists a lot! I’m a little surprised by no solos for the Kagamines, but there’s always next time!
I’m not too surprised by hearing about the crowds. Both Miku Expos I went to (Dallas 2016 & Austin 2018) didn’t have the most excited crowds. I think a factor is just cultural differences. I mean, at least for me, Miku is the only concert I’ve ever been to that even had glowsticks.

It seems to have gone well so hopefully Miku returns to Europe and with even more shows! Maybe by that time, I can be able to go and meet some of you Europeans!

Reactions: Mika

youth

New Fan
Nov 2, 2018
Does anyone know what was originally suppose to be in the VIP bag? There was a note in it that said some stuff couldn't make it so other items were substituted. This is in the London VIP bag.

Pup-p

Nemu nemu~
Apr 8, 2018
The London concert was my first concert and I loved it! The encore felt kinda too long and from where I was standing there was some projection issues (being reflected on the smoke (?) For Kaitos song and the first rin and len duet)
I wish there were more duets, not just rin and len duets. I had fun shouting 'yeah' in remote control and loved singing along to 'Just Be Friends' with everyone. Will definitely get VIP next time!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)