• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hello everyone! @hamano's Mikuration picks for February are up!

(っ*'ω'*c) by AVTechNO!

AVTechNO! is a favorite artist of mine, particularly when I'm looking for a harder, but not too hard, electronic-type song. By the pieces from them that I know, (っ*'ω'*c) is on the tamer side, though that isn't a bad thing--Miku's voice is tuned for cuteness, and the artwork for the PV is adorable!

雪月夜 by はちはち

This song is rather different for a vocal synth song. With its strong rhythm; the combination of the horns, guitar-like synth, and flute; and the melody given to them, plus the more traditional attire given to Miku in the artwork, this song reminds me a bit of ballads about the old West in the US. (Maybe in her case, it would be an itinerant ronin or samurai.) It's a very enjoyable listen, with lots of emotion imbued into the words.

❤ by takepon

Miku seems to have something on her mind in this cute art from takepon. What do you think it is?

Great picks as usual, hamano!

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
雪月夜 by はちはち

This song is rather different for a vocal synth song. With its strong rhythm; the combination of the horns, guitar-like synth, and flute; and the melody given to them, plus the more traditional attire given to Miku in the artwork, this song reminds me a bit of ballads about the old West in the US. (Maybe in her case, it would be an itinerant ronin or samurai.) It's a very enjoyable listen, with lots of emotion imbued into the words.
Bit of a background on how I came across this song, I think it classifies as enka, which is a genre of often melancholic ballads . I've recently been listening to some enka, so I thought I'd see of there's good vocaloid enka songs out there, and this was what stood out from the ones I found. Sadly there doesn't seem to be much good ones out there. The lack of vocaloid enka has probably a lot to do with the genre being very much regarded as "old people music". But still I do wish there were more producers doing enka.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Happy March, everyone! My Mikuration picks for this month are up!

"Feel a Love" by Osanzi

"Feel a Love" is probably my favorite Osanzi song. Beginning with a big synth string hit, this song charges forward at high energy. The verses are backed by a dense sonic landscape of disparate sounds that nevertheless hangs together, underlaid by a deep, resonant, pounding piano that builds up to the chorus. Said chorus largely eschews the previous density, preferring to derive its gravitas from its greater simplicity, a simplicity which supports Miku shining through as she belts out the title lines. You'll feel the urge to break out with "FEEL A BIG LOVE FOR WORLD!!" and "FEEL A BIG LOVE FOR YOU-UU!!" for hours.

"Can't Make a Song!!" by beat_shobon

"Can't Make a Song!!" is the quintessential jam of aspiring producers everywhere. If you haven't heard it, it features Miku telling the story of working with her producer to make what seems to be their first song together. The music and vocal melodies are extremely catchy; this is another song that I can't help repeating bits of afterwards with a smile. The little day-by-day descriptions that Miku gives aren't to be missed, either:

"Day 1. Woke up, ready to work. Hoping to start a new song today. Then he looks at me and he tells me, 'Lyrics aren't my thing.' *Sigh*"
"Day 20. What? You're still awake?...If you don't take care of your health, then this will not end well."

"Blue Star" by Zakusey

I was in the mood for a dynamic image this month, and "Blue Star" fits the bill, with its bright lights that flow toward the center and suck the viewer's eyes towards Miku's confident face as she performs.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Help everyone! @hamano's Mikuration picks for April are up!

Heart a la Mode by Deco*27

"Heart a la Mode" is one of my favorite songs! Somewhere between the clapping and rhythm of the guitar, as well as the sound of the harmonica-like instrument, it really manages to evoke the feel of its subject: the slice-of-life situation of Miku spending a day walking around town with a boy she likes and finally working up the nerve to tell him so.

One More Time * One More Time by Camellia

"One More Time * One More Time" is a new song for me, but it's a neat one. A very danceable EDM track, it describes trying to recapture the feeling of one's youth, dancing and singing the night away for one more time. I can really appreciate this track; I imagine everyone can at some time or another.

Hirohako sub visual by Gari

With vivid bubblegum-pink cherry blossoms and seats in vivant colors, this is a really pretty, colorful springtime image of Sakura Miku sitting in a tree next to a Ferris wheel. Particularly in the more shadowy region near the top, there's a lot of definition in the flowers; I'm particularly fond of the blue swallowtail butterflies, as well. I wonder if the Ferris wheel is meant to be the one in Sapporo?

Great choices, hamano!

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Hirohako sub visual by Gari

With vivid bubblegum-pink cherry blossoms and seats in vivant colors, this is a really pretty, colorful springtime image of Sakura Miku sitting in a tree next to a Ferris wheel. Particularly in the more shadowy region near the top, there's a lot of definition in the flowers; I'm particularly fond of the blue swallowtail butterflies, as well. I wonder if the Ferris wheel is meant to be the one in Sapporo?

Great choices, hamano!
This artwork is a sub visual for the Hirohako tourism campaign (cities of Hirosaki and Hakodate), and the setting is Hakodate Park. I had a look on Google maps and indeed there is a (rather small) ferris wheel there.

• Love
Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hello everyone! My Mikuration picks for May are up!

"Decade" by Dixie Flatline

When I saw Miku Expo Rewind, "Decade" immediately became one of my absolute favorite songs to see live. The song describes the journey of Miku and her producers/fans over the past ten years, and her hope for the ten years to come. However, as written, the song's lyrics are addressed to each of those people individually, and this, the way Miku's voice harmonizes with itself and lays against the instruments during the chorus, and the quietly raindrop-like feel of the instruments during the verse give the song a profound feeling of nostalgic intimacy. Truly, the depiction of this song during Rewind, when it was performed at a night Expo show in Britain under cool, subdued lighting, was an experience not to be missed. It was only further enhanced by its inclusion of a choreography touch that I adore: Miku forming the number "10" with her fingers during the chorus.

"Koi no Kamisama" by Aura Qualic

From my discussion in another Mikuration session of Aura Qualic's "Koi no Melody," or possibly from elsewhere on the boards, you may be aware that I sometimes enjoy retro music from the 80s and 90s. "Koi no Kamisama" is another song from Aura Qualic in this vein. It's an enjoyable listen--a sweet and carefree love song from an all but bygone era/state of mind, sung by Miku about a boy she likes.

"Pocari Sweat" by Zakusey

I hesitated a bit to include an image that seemed so much like an ad for a product. But it's a nice, clean, bright, simple, pretty image that evokes the possibility of getting out into bright, warm sunshine. Maybe you'll meet Miku while you're both walking down the sidewalk by an ocean marina.

Reactions: sketchesofpayne

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hi everyone!

I just added a new contribution to the Club Creations album: "Insomnia," my new short vocal synth fanfic!

This story came to me a few weeks ago as I was laying down to bed. Two hours later, I was poorer for sleep, but had most of it written.

I hope you'll give it a look and that you'll enjoy it!

Reactions: hamano

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hello everyone! @hamano's Mikuration picks for June are up!

"Futten" by Tama

"Futten" is a rock song with a catchy beat. I haven't looked up the lyrics, but between the PV of the main cat character endlessly throwing a ball/watching it roll by and the song's English name ("Boiling Point"), we can perhaps make some suppositions. Miku's whispery timbre is unexpected for a rock song, but it seems to support the slice of life subject matter and art style of the PV well.

"Momoiro no Kagi" by Iyowa

"Momoiro no Kagi" is an interesting song. It's livelier in its beat than "Futten," but it doesn't feel like a rock song--it's more like a lively pop song. It was releases as part of a Project Sekai event related to friendship. However, based on the PV, I'd suggest that the two characters (the princess and the more ordinary girl) are really two sides of the same person, and the song is really about self-acceptance, as symbolized by the key to unlock the barriers between the two, and one bringing the other flowers.

紫陽花とミクさん by 鋭川する

"紫陽花とミクさん" is quite an image! The color and texture of the hydrangea blossoms floating in the water, as well as the hand fans, is done really well. Miku is in quite a dynamic pose with her dual fans, and she has an uncommonly serious expression on her face. She sort of looks like a kunoichi or something. This image has something of the serious and traditional vibe that you might associate with the roots of Miku x Kodo.

Great picks as always, hamano!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hello everyone! My Mikuration picks for July are up!

"らしさ" by cillia and KENGO

From the Miku Break event in 2022, "らしさ" is a somewhat different choice for me, as I usually have to be in just the right mood to get into rap. However, I appreciate the lyrics used in this duet, which focuses on people working to love themselves as they observe themselves changing over time. It's catchy and a very "Miku" sort of rap song.

"NEPPUU" by みきとP

The theme song for Hatsune Miku × Kodo Special Live 2023, "NEPPUU" is an amazing song! Upbeat and full of energy, in both the PV illustrations and the instruments/sound of the music, it blends the quintessential Miku we know and love from EDM and other genres with a traditional music that is a part of her cultural heritage. On top of that, it's uplifting, exciting, and fun to listen to! This song would be a joy to see performed live.

"39" by PAN:D

To accompany the above songs, I chose this dynamic image from PAN:D. "39" features Miku in a somewhat different variation on her usual outfit (more technological, and almost armor-looking), and with a very confident pose and expression. I like the colors used, also, particularly the green used for her hair.

Last edited:
Reactions: MagicalMiku

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hello everyone! @hamano's Mikuration picks for August are up, and they're some powerful choices!

"Engeki" by Nanou

This soulfully-sung song does an excellent job of putting emotion into the lyrics, and the intense instrumentals back it up perfectly. You can really feel the person's despair of life in general, and perhaps of not being loved in particular.

"Kimi ga natsu e to modoru hi" by Ray

This song's instrumentals are a bit lighter and more cheerful. Miku's voice is as sweet and enjoyable to listen to as ever. The song seems to describe a summer romance that, be warned, comes to a particularly tragic conclusion.

"无题" by 白切鸡

This striking image depicts Miku on stage. The entire world seems to swirl around her in a cyclone, including her hair, the speakers, and the clouds--the entire platform could have easily been tossed into midair, girders and all!

Great choices as usual, hamano!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hello everyone! My Mikuration picks for September are up!

"DECORATOR" by livetune

I found "DECORATOR" early after my introduction to vocal synths, and it's long been one of my favorite songs. I love the introduction to the MV--you get a real feeling of presence from Miku as she quietly waits for her part in the song to start. Whatever's going on with the synth in the beginning (a liquid/bubbly/convoluted sound that is sort of like a rising/falling arpeggio with its notes blurred together) really sets the tone of the song, too. The instrumentation and vocal melody radiates hope and cheerfulness, and the 4-on-the-floor kick drum beat carries you along.

The positivity flows into the lyrics, as well. The main idea of the song is that, while people make grand and elaborate plans, the unpredictable nature of life makes it unlikely that those plans will be followed/realized perfectly. Despite that, every individual contributes to the universe moment by moment in a way that fits together and ultimately makes a kind of sense. Each contribution is potentially exactly what someone else needs at that moment. So while your biggest plans may not come to fruition as you expect, revel in the fact that you are a co-creator of the universe as it is in the present moment.

"きみも悪い人でよかった" ("I'm glad you're evil too") by PinocchioP

"I'm glad you're evil too" features some really beautiful piano playing, and its vocals admirably convey a gentle, heartfelt quality that suits the song perfectly. The song is about two lonely, imperfect people who are somewhat out of step with the dark world around them, yet find happiness when they fall in love. Neither of them is perfect, and perhaps having been perfect wouldn't have been desirable, because their imperfections make them suited to each other.

"マジカルミライ2022" by ののこ

"マジカルミライ2022" by ののこ is a beautiful depiction of Miku singing in her Mirai 2022 outfit. I just noticed that the lighting is coming from a row of stage lights on the upper right; with the sky blue background, though, I had been imagining the scene happening outside under a brilliant sun--which wouldn't make total sense for her outfit, but might be a cool idea.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hello everyone! @hamano's Mikuration picks for October are up!

Kamippoina - PinocchioP

PinocchioP is capable of both smoother, more traditional-sounding works (e g., "I'm Glad You're Evil, Too" from last month), and more unsettled works, like this month's "Kamippoina." The lively melody bounces around like a ball on a roulette wheel, refusing to come to rest. This unsettled quality is a common feature of many of their songs; "Ghosts Play to the Audience," another favorite of mine, is another example. In view of that, I feel relatively comfortable suggesting that it reflects and expresses the creator's unease with whatever the song's topic is.

As you very probably know already, or maybe can guess from the above, PinocchioP's songs always have something to say. This song is no exception. It seems to be a commentary on people acting as critics of other people, labeling/criticizing them using whatever the current buzzwords are.

Culture - Tsumiki

Here's one you'll recognize from Mirai 2024 (if you were lucky enough to attend or watch the livestream, that is)! "Culture" by Tsumiki was an absolute standout from the show, with its driving beat and sound, edgy tuning, and unforgettable chorus. Pay particular attention to the PV and how it has fun with the words "culture shock"--something retained in the concert visuals, I might add.

ミク by 鋭川する

This impressive piece of artwork features lots of energy and light. Miku seems to be leaping forward through the air, a somewhat edgy expression on her face. You can really feel the wind pulling at her tails!

Great picks, hamano!

Reactions: Vector

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
I suppose I'm interested in joining.

I don't know if this counts, but I found this great video someone made last month and forgot to post it somewhere on here: it's a remix of Catch the Wave (kz/livetune) paired with animated references to 16 years worth of Miku songs. It's a great tribute.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Welcome, @Vector! I've added you to the member list and given you access to add items to the Club Creations album. Feel free to grab a userbar if you'd like and/or check out Mikuration! (Details are in the OP.)

That's a really sweet video! Lots of famous great songs in there; many are favorites of mine!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hi everyone! My Mikuration picks for November are up!

"Ghosts Play to the Audience' by PinocchioP

This is a fun song. Like PinocchioP's other works, this one has something to say--in this case, it seems to be an encouragement of originality, rather than focusing making artistic works that are popular. Listen for the chiptune-esque sounds--don't they remind you of Pac-Man? (For anyone who hasn't played, it's an old arcade game where you rush Pac-Man, a character who's basically a floating mouth, around a maze, gobbling up pellets to gain points while running away from--or eventually eating--ghosts.)

ノヴァ (Nova) by *Luna

This song was another I first heard at Thunderbolt. It perfectly captures the hope, energy, excitement, and regret that accompany the end of a concert, and was a fantastic send-off before everyone, regretfully, left.

"レーシングミク" by ききゆ

This is a pretty image of Miku in her Racing Miku 2016 outfit, one of my favorite Racing Miku designs. Doesn't she look happy?

• Love
Reactions: MagicalMiku

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hello everyone! @hamano's Mikuration picks for December are up!

Both songs this month are by MikitoP. Between these and the other songs like "39 Music!," "NEPPUU," and their Rin/Len songs, MikitoP is an artist who works in diverse styles. It's fun to see someone trying out different things.

"Setagaya Night Safari" by MikitoP

Lots of strong, rhythmic guitar work in this song! From the PV, it looks like a social commentary, as the lion (or at times baboon?) hunts the rabbit.

"Shōjo Ray" by MikitoP

With a completely different feel from the previous song, this one is warm and relaxing and reminiscent of summer. The PV image suits it perfectly!

"加演" by Konya Karasue

The backdrop is this image is a beautiful, peaceful clear-weather scene, but the wind blowing through it gives it very dynamic, lively feeling! I'd really like to be there right now!

Great choices, @hamano!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
We have a new member! @nene PMed me to ask to join. Welcome to the Miku Fanclub, @nene!

I've added you to the member list and given you access to add items to the Club Creations album. Feel free to grab a userbar and/or check out Mikuration if you'd like! (Details are in the OP.)

You have some lovely song choices! I've reproduced your PM below so that other people can enjoy them, too; I hope that's ok!

@nene's message:

Hello! I'd like to join the Miku Fanclub!!
Miku V2 was my first Vocaloid!

Marshmallow Holic is my all time favorite Miku song, that got me into Vocaloid!

A newer song that I think is really good is Stardust Medley!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Happy New Year, everyone! My Mikuration picks for January are up!

"Music Like Magic!" by OSTER project

"Music Like Magic!" is one of my favorite songs. Its flavor is rather unique--sort of a cross between pop and big band--so it might take a little getting used to, but it has a very upbeat sound and contains a number of nice messages, and you can hardly help but smile. I first saw this song performed at Thunderbolt, and the call and response items ("singin' - singin,'" "dancin' - dancin,'" "lovin' - lovin,'") are really precious and echo the song's themes. It's really hard not to enjoy this song!

"Sakura no Ame" by halyosy

This song is amazing. I also first heard it at Thunderbolt. It's one of those songs where people clap, because none of their throats work when it's over. Its instrumentation and vocals sweep between nostalgic lows and bittersweet highs. It's transcendently, heart-rendingly beautiful, especially the rendition performed by the Thunderbolt band.

"Miracle" by Rumoon

We've technically left the year of Miku's 16th birthday, but I wanted to share this artwork. It celebrates a ton of items from Miku's history and the vocal synth fandom. Open it up full screen and have fun looking at a landscape made up of nods to the culture we love and our favorite girl!

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hello everyone! @hamano's Mikuration picks for February are up!

Only Way / Mwk feat.初音ミク

This is a really cool trance song, with some relaxingly ethereal lyrics from Miku. I'm not sure I've heard this style of song from Mwk before, but you really can't go wrong with this song!

【初音ミク】Selfish / Mysteka feat. Hatsune Miku

Selfish comes to us from Mysteka, a producer who is new to me. I'd describe it as a techno-groovy song--its beat has a lot of swing to it, but its reliance on synths makes it sound futuristic, too. Between the two, this one is very fun to listen to.

Happy 16th Birthday by nik_ibi

An amazingly detailed rendition of Miku in the design unveiled for her 16th birthday. She's in a rather dynamically uplifting pose, looking sort of like she's shooting up into the sunlight. The warm light really does give you a sense of hope for the future.

Great choices, hamano!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)