• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Having to reset my computer and realized I don’t have installers for my vocaloids in storage

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
Feel free to move this thread if its in the wrong place.
Due to some issues I’ve had recently with Utau I decided it would be safer to reset or refresh my computer rather than continue to troubleshoot when it seems the issue is not something I can fix. I was making plans and ran into an issue, I don’t have the installers for the vocaloids I have in storage. I started to wonder if someone could send me the installers, but I don’t know if that’s a violation of vocaloid’s TOS(it’s very confusing). Safe to say that I’m a bit confused and could use some information/help.
Thanks

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
you should be able to gain access to them again if you email the companies with your serial codes! i have asked for new downloads for a few vocaloids before simply by emailing the company with that information.

i dont know the legality of asking for someone else's installer sadly and im unsure if such a discussion is allowed on the forums. i have done it myself in two unique cases but idk if its ok to promote that on the forum... but i am not against helping you on that if youre unable to get downloads for your installers.

Last edited:
Reactions: WyndReed

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
The installer doesn't have any serial number information attached, so I think it doesn't really matter if you share the installer files with a friend in a pinch who needs them and then will put in their own serial to actually activate. (It's not like you're trying to get them illegally or something, you paid for them already and just need the installers again due to unfortunate circumstances.)

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
Which loids do you have?
The ones I don’t have installers for are RinLen v4x/piaprov4, Fukase, and Merli. Luckily Voctro gives a download for Maika with a physical purchase.
you should be able to gain access to them again if you email the companies with your serial codes! i have asked for new downloads for a few vocaloids before simply by emailing the company with that information.

i dont know the legality of asking for someone else's installer sadly and im unsure if such a discussion is allowed on the forums. i have done it myself in two unique cases but idk if its ok to promote that on the forum... but i am not against helping you on that if youre unable to get downloads for your installers.
I hadn’t thought of emailing the companies directly. Rin and Len I could probably contact Crypton about, but I’m not sure who I’d contact for Merli and Fukase.

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
The ones I don’t have installers for are RinLen v4x/piaprov4, Fukase, and Merli. Luckily Voctro gives a download for Maika with a physical purchase.

I hadn’t thought of emailing the companies directly. Rin and Len I could probably contact Crypton about, but I’m not sure who I’d contact for Merli and Fukase.
Make sure to write your email to Crypton in Japanese. They don't have an English support service, so they won't answer non-Japanese emails.
I think Yamaha helped with Fukase, so I think contacting them would help. I cannot remember who made Merli however, so I don't know if they have a email. If you bought her from the Vocaloid Store/Shop, then perhaps Yamaha can help seeing as they sold her to you, therefore they may be able to help.

edit: grammar

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
i-style made Lapis/Merli, but their homepage has been down for months. However, when I emailed them before the site went down, their contact form was broken so I had to contact Studio DEEN (one of the companies that collaborated to make i-style Project) at [email protected]. They forwarded my message and I got a reply from [email protected]. So I recommend trying to talk to the gmail email first, then Studio DEEN, then Yamaha if it's not working out to get a reply.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
Make sure to write your email to Crypton in Japanese. They don't have an English support service, so they won't answer non-Japanese emails
while i cant say my result is gonna happen for everyone, i contacted them in english about getting my serial code reset and they answered even though my response was in english! that may depend on who specifically sees the email, idk. but i emailed companies i was afraid wouldnt respond because language and they certainly did sometimes.

Last edited:

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
An update: I recently messaged Yamaha through the english Vocaloid help portal and they responded:
We are sorry that we provide the downloadable installer files only for the customer who purchased our VOCALOID SHOP.
Please try to find your DVD installer.
I don’t think that there is anything else I can do about it, so I’ll have to wait to reinstall Merli and Fukase until we’re in a house and get our stuff moved up here. :/

• Sad
Reactions: Cookiez

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
An update: I recently messaged Yamaha through the english Vocaloid help portal and they responded:

I don’t think that there is anything else I can do about it, so I’ll have to wait to reinstall Merli and Fukase until we’re in a house and get our stuff moved up here. :/
if you did not purchase it from vocaloid's own site then yeah, they cannot provide the download. however, if you have the details for wherever you did purchase it, then you should try contacting that store instead as they are the ones who issued the downloads- not yamaha. if theyre wrong and you did get it from the vocaloid store, then provide them with the emails that show proof of that.

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
if you did not purchase it from vocaloid's own site then yeah, they cannot provide the download. however, if you have the details for wherever you did purchase it, then you should try contacting that store instead as they are the ones who issued the downloads- not yamaha. if theyre wrong and you did get it from the vocaloid store, then provide them with the emails that show proof of that.
They were both physical purchases. I asked yamaha on the off chance that they might give out installers for boxed vocaloids. (It’s a real bummer though. Merli is my main vocaloid and her box is in storage 1000 miles away and it’ll probably be at least 4-6 months before I see my stuff again.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)