• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

CeVIO IA English Thoughts/Opinions?

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Yes, she will have a Starter Pack! On her site is the text " [スターターセット (ボイス+CeVIOソングエディタ) ] … ¥11,800+税" which translates into "[Starter set (Voice + CeVIO Song Editor)] ... ¥11,800 + tax".
(She's also available without a Starter set.)

Apparently a Talk Editor also exists for CeVIO, so if you are planning to get ONE's talk voicebank, you will need to get this as well.
Ooh, thanks Move! I looked through her site but I guess I must've missed that! I think I'm gonna do a massive saving up and get IA English's starter, ONE's starter (for the talk editor), and IA Talk. Might as well splurge and experience it all

Siegel

Aspiring Fan
Jun 12, 2018
I feel like I'm the only one that thinks she sounds almost the same as IA V3 just with slight differences due to the engine change. More so IA rocks then normal IA though. I own both of IA's voicebanks and when entering random notes with no editing it sounds really similar to IA English. Maybe it's my preference to listen to her when she is being used more natural and not slightly pitched up like she normally is.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I feel like I'm the only one that thinks she sounds almost the same as IA V3 just with slight differences due to the engine change. More so IA rocks then normal IA though. I own both of IA's voicebanks and when entering random notes with no editing it sounds really similar to IA English. Maybe it's my preference to listen to her when she is being used more natural and not slightly pitched up like she normally is.
I don't hear it at all lol
I hate pitched up IA and I do own her VBs too and like I've tried seeing if I could get a similar sound but to no avail. I will agree that she is closest to Rocks at least. That engine change really switched her up to my ears

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
About her not sounding like "IA", remember that CeVio is a different beast as to VOCALOID. Of course she won't sound exactly like IA like her VOCALOID voicebanks
The problem is that they marketed her before and everybody was expecting a vocaloid voicebank.
Me included

That's why it's hard for me to warm up with her for me. If they had straight up told us this is gonna cevio I wouldn't have expected her to sound like japanese IA in english in first place.

But for now I am just gonna wait until she gets released and actual usage (I feel like most of the songs they showed weren't that good or very repetive in terms of english words)

Reactions: Elsa12TMNT

RawBeansP

feng yi supremacy
Apr 8, 2018
elsewhere looking for oarfish
I never liked IA's Japanese banks tbh, she never sat with me right. I DO think that her English sounds very close to her origjnal banks but I also do hear the differences as well and I really like that. imo IA's English is a much better improvement over her Japanese and it makes me interested not only in IA for the first time but also Cevio

I hope that Cevio makes an English interface soon, it's incredibly impressive how IA sounds on Cevio and I'd love to see more English banks on the engine

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I tried the CeVIO demo with Sasara, the software has 2 sections (kind of like two different tabs)--one for talk, one for song. I only tried the talk portion, though, I didn't touch the singing. So you can buy either the song or talk voicebanks but you don't need both. I think the "song voice" + "song voice editor" / "talk voice" + "talk editor" must be some sort of key to activate that portion of the CeVIO software (so if you buy another character, you would only need the voice itself and not the editor). If someone could confirm how it works, please do.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I tried the CeVIO demo with Sasara, the software has 2 sections (kind of like two different tabs)--one for talk, one for song. I only tried the talk portion, though, I didn't touch the singing. So you can buy either the song or talk voicebanks but you don't need both. I think the "song voice" + "song voice editor" / "talk voice" + "talk editor" must be some sort of key to activate that portion of the CeVIO software (so if you buy another character, you would only need the voice itself and not the editor). If someone could confirm how it works, please do.
I believe that is how it works.
I think IA may be cheaper than ONE for that reason too. IA's starter pack probably won't include IA Talk (since that's Japanese and this is IA English), but ONE's includes both her Song Voice and Talk Voice. I'm guessing they'll do future bundles like "IA CeVIO" woth IA English and Talk or "IA Complete" with Vocaloid duo pack, CeVIO English, and Talk. Just a guess based on how I observe 1st Place

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
You can hear more of the song called "Get Higher" that was played at the end of that IA Eng C teaser video in this spy vid taken from one of the ARIA concerts in Paris (her singing really starts at :35)

IA-anda Grande hahaha (I mean that in a very nice way)

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
I honestly didn't think we'd ever get a perfect English voicebank on any engine but here we are with IA English.
I'm sorry for anything bad I've ever said about 1st Place I take it all back they know how to provide a quality product.

Reactions: Twillby and Pomelo

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
This is the perfect English VB for me, I've literally been waiting years for something like this. 1st Place deliver once again with a great vocal!

Reactions: Pomelo and Cluemily

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
I honestly didn't think we'd ever get a perfect English voicebank on any engine but here we are with IA English.
I'm sorry for anything bad I've ever said about 1st Place I take it all back they know how to provide a quality product.
I hope IA Eng C will be the thing that lights a fire under the ass of Yamaha's dev teams. It's good to finally get some strong competition in the english voice space.

Reactions: Twillby

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
You can hear more of the song called "Get Higher"...
That song sounds really good. ;o; I think it's one of the most realistic Engloid songs I can think of. Not that I don't mind Japanese accent English songs or robotic singing, I just think if someone played the song only with no visuals you'd think it was a real human singer. I can't believe she's finally coming out for sale soon, I can't wait to see what people make.

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
So anyone need anything done for the price of her starter pack? Anyone? Anything? No? Blast.

My dad acts like he's going to pay me for shite I do around the house and then never does ffff I might try asking anyway

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
So anyone need anything done for the price of her starter pack? Anyone? Anything? No? Blast.

My dad acts like he's going to pay me for shite I do around the house and then never does ffff I might try asking anyway
Read the Facebook post for IA English I embedded a few pists up. It lists prices for the starter pack: ¥11,800 JPY

EDIT: also just noticed, 1st Place hasn't mentioned a physical version yet. Will she be digital only like IA Talk? The Facebook post says "up for download" and not just "up for purchase download/physically"

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
I'm painfully aware of her price, I just have no way to pay for it rofl :'D

I really doubt she'll have a physical release. The idea never even really crossed my mind before people brought it up here because they're so rare anymore jslf

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I'm painfully aware of her price, I just have no way to pay for it rofl :'D

I really doubt she'll have a physical release. The idea never even really crossed my mind before people brought it up here because they're so rare anymore jslf
It just seems weird 1st Place wouldn't. They do have a physical for ONE so I assumed they'd do one for IA too (plus IA's boxes) It makes a lot of sense given it'd make money.
So far, it seems Yamaha and English companies have adopted download only. Even CeVIO at least has boxes for Sasara

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)