• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Question I'm trying to convert a MIDI to a VSQ and I presume I will have to write in the syllables manually. But I don't know hiragana. What should I do?

stormtheabsol

New Fan
May 27, 2020
Okay, so the problem concerning this question is a somewhat convoluted one.
Recently a new Vocaloid song came out that many people are doing covers of and I want to cover it with Vocaloid 3. However, as Vocaloid 4 is more recent and the one that people generally make new covers with nowadays, the only redistributed files that any producer has released of it are vsqx files for Vocaloid 4.
Vocaloid 3 can load vsqx, but only if it's a vsqx that's intended for V3. (At least from my understanding.) If you try to load a vocaloid 4 vsqx it will state that it could identify the variable for "vocaloid 4" or something like that. Basically meaning it can't load newer vsqx files.

Well, I read a little into it, and concluded that the best possible way to convert a VSQX to VSQ, possibly even one of the only functional ways, would be to convert it to MIDI, load it into V3, and write in the hiragana by hand. If the VSQX was romaji I could have just converted it to a UST and it would load in V3 just fine, unfortunately it's in hiragana. So...
With the help of an acquaintance who had both Vocaloid 4 and SynthV they were able to load the vsqx into SynthV and from there convert it to a midi.

Now I have the full converted MIDI file of the VSQX, which I can technically load into Vocaloid 3... it's just missing the syllables because they have to be manually added.
But I don't know hiragana, nor do I have a hiragana keyboard. I can technically type in hiragana with japanese input by typing in romaji (it would automatically convert to hiragana) but even so I can't take the hiragana and convert it to romaji manually simply for the reason that I'm not fluent in the language.

Thinking about this, I had a few ideas:

1. I could possibly ask someone to help me romanize the hiragana so I could type it in manually, possibly with an image reference from my acquaintance of how the vsqx looks in V4.
2. I could see if it was possible to acquire just a plain document that included the rundown of every syllable from start to finish, and then by using copy and paste while referencing pictures of the file in V4, piece it together so that it replicated the original.

Option 1 would mean that I would need to find a translator as well as someone who had dabbled in Vocaloid, which seems to be setting up a high expectation. I don't know if it would be so easy to find such.
Option 2 is possible, but I don't know how or if it's even possible to get a simple, raw list of all the syllables in a vsqx file. Maybe from the code? Or possible even from one of the selections in the dropdown menus. When it comes to going about that, I'm just lost. Maybe there's a setting in Vocaloid 4 that can do that? Or a plugin?

I'm wondering if anybody can help me with that. If anybody knows about a possible method to get a text document that's just a rundown of all the syllables in a file (preferably for each track separately,) with a plugin, a setting, code, or anything else that works, please let me know.

(also, sorry about the bold lol, I was using it to highlight the points of the issue so that if anyone was skimming and saw something they had info on, it would be easier to read and identify)

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I don't have Vocaloid 3, but Piapro can export files as VSQXs meant for V3.
I can read Japanese, so I could make a romaji version for you.
Just tell me what song it is so I can look at the original VSQX file myself (it would be faster than getting your friend to take screen shots). I think it would be easier for me to just get the MIDI from you and fill in the lyrics while I look at the original. Feel free to send me a PM.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion
Sep 21, 2019
If you're trying to convert hiragana to romaji, you ought to look up a hiragana chart as there are plenty of those available that show the romaji and install a hiragana keyboard. You'll also want to work on learning the hiragana as well because that'll make your life much easier.

However, I believe (and perhaps someone with more v3 experience than I could correct me) V3 can load VSQx's made in V4. If I'm incorrect on that, You could also get the application called utaformatix as I believe it offers V4 -> V3 VSQx conversion.

Also, welcome to Vocaverse! If you ever have any questions or need any assistance, you're welcome to contact me or another staff member,

stormtheabsol

New Fan
May 27, 2020
If you're trying to convert hiragana to romaji, you ought to look up a hiragana chart as there are plenty of those available that show the romaji and install a hiragana keyboard. You'll also want to work on learning the hiragana as well because that'll make your life much easier.

However, I believe (and perhaps someone with more v3 experience than I could correct me) V3 can load VSQx's made in V4. If I'm incorrect on that, You could also get the application called utaformatix as I believe it offers V4 -> V3 VSQx conversion.

Also, welcome to Vocaverse! If you ever have any questions or need any assistance, you're welcome to contact me or another staff member,
ahh thank you! I will look into utaformatix. And thank you for the warm welcome! :D

• Love
Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

stormtheabsol

New Fan
May 27, 2020
I don't have Vocaloid 3, but Piapro can export files as VSQXs meant for V3.
I can read Japanese, so I could make a romaji version for you.
Just tell me what song it is so I can look at the original VSQX file myself (it would be faster than getting your friend to take screen shots). I think it would be easier for me to just get the MIDI from you and fill in the lyrics while I look at the original. Feel free to send me a PM.
thank you so much! and I agree. Since the VSQX download is from niconico and although it's free to download niconico users usually prefer that users don't redistribute their downloads, I can PM you the video link and you can download it individually. And your help is greatly appreciated :D

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Ah, I'd like to add that, if it helps, you don't HAVE to enter Vocaloid phonemes in hiragana! It'll accept romaji. Utau and CeVIO are the only programs that require you to use hiragana, I believe. So if anything happens, or you need to make adjustments, you can pull up the song's lyrics on the Vocaloid Lyric Wiki or something and enter them in romaji.

And allow me to welcome you as well! Feel free to ask questions and interact to your heart's content. We're glad you're here!

Reactions: stormtheabsol

stormtheabsol

New Fan
May 27, 2020
Ah, I'd like to add that, if it helps, you don't HAVE to enter Vocaloid phonemes in hiragana! It'll accept romaji. Utau and CeVIO are the only programs that require you to use hiragana, I believe. So if anything happens, or you need to make adjustments, you can pull up the song's lyrics on the Vocaloid Lyric Wiki or something and enter them in romaji.

And allow me to welcome you as well! Feel free to ask questions and interact to your heart's content. We're glad you're here!
Thank you so much! Well, what ended up happening is someone else on this thread ended up helping me. I did end up using the romaji one at the end, I just needed help reading the hiragana as romaji lol. After the conversion I was able to load it without any problems generally. But wow, I'm also surprised that UTAU only accepts hiragana. I dabbled in UTAU for a little while and it was able to read the alphanumeric alphabet to a certain extent... well, possibly because I was using english utauloids. Thank you for the info!

I'm so appreciative of everybody who's welcomed me! I initially joined the forum site for that issue, but something tells me I'll be on here again soon enough to get to know producers, give input on threads, and overall get closer with the synth community. The amount of help I got on this thread was overwhelming and exceeded my expectations, and everyone has been friendly and helpful.

Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)