• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Is the VOCALOID Statement True to the Person Below?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
False. The way artists write their metadata for their content, it's better not to rely on iTunes at all. Not to sound rude or anything like that, but because they write the Vocaloid characters' names on the metadata they run the risk of getting caught and breaking their ToS. Who knows what will happen to them?

The person below appreciates Vocaloid music that uses real instruments (e.g. electric guitar, bass, etc).

WintermintP

razelberii

Bless the Lord, O my Soul
Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
True, I always enjoy the sound of a guitar. There are songs I enjoy with both synths, including synth guitars, and songs I enjoy with real guitar and bass, etc. My favorite genres include rock and metal, which Vocaloid producers commonly use recorded instruments.
I'm not saying one is better than the other, I just also enjoy the heavy genre. (I also enjoy playing guitar myself).:kaito_move:

The person below owns at least 3 Internet Co voicebanks (Gumi, Lily, etc.):gumi_lili:

Reactions: WintermintP

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
I don't own any Vocaloid, so False.

The person below has bought a Vocaloid song off of their App Store (Itunes, or Google Play? I don't know what Android uses)

WintermintP

True to a point? I do wish synthesizers like FM8 became available as hardware, but I don't really use VST instruments all that often aside from the drums, and the major bulk of my content is guitars, and I use real guitars to record those parts.

The person below has some knowledge in music theory.

WintermintP

lil_eggo

(screams eternally)
Apr 8, 2018
USA
that i do! i've taken two college level theory courses and i absolutely loved them!! and i want to take more!!!!!!!

the person below likes yumemi nemu.

WintermintP

Classical pieces sound drastically different from time period to time period as well as location, so I can't help but say it depends on the substyle. I'm a fan of, say, French pieces that only use a piano, but anything that has a choir in it that doesn't have actual lyrics ain't my thing.

The person below knows at least one western metal producer other than WintermintP.

WintermintP

Yes and no. I know Scythe of Luna, which is a VOCALOID band from Russia. Their songs are usually in English but since Russia is geographically and culturally an Eastern country, it's hard to classify them as "Western". They make some good stuff that sounds Western and are affiliated with a Western label, so I guess you can call them "Western".

The person below has never heard of the VOCALOID Bruno before.

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
False, No Vocaloids

The person below loves to celebrate Miku Day (3/9).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)