• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Question looking for physical v4 starter packs

dezzydream

jermacraft
not sure if i tagged this properly or even if it's in the right area
so as many of you may or may not know, i got miku v4x for christmas last year. however, i simply got her and not the actual vocaloid software. piapro studio is a pain in the ass for me to use and i personally don't like the user interface of v5, so i'm looking for a v4 starter pack so i can have the actual software itself while getting another vocaloid along with it to use with miku. i don't care if it's pre-owned or anything as long as its in good shape. the only v4 ones i found on ebay were zunko and iroha, and i can't really see myself using zunko as i personally dislike her voicetype. i may go for iroha, but i'd like to see my options in case there is another i want more than her.

Maribelle

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
If you dont mind using a forwarding service internet or has or had megpoidv4 complete starter packs yesterday:)

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Internet currently have V4 GUMI complete available as a starter pack. It's the only one I can find from an official distributor right now, it's incredibly difficult to get the V4 editor.

static-oceans

I feel so high in the blue, blue sky
Dec 2, 2019
I was going to mention the gumi starter pack as well. This may be your only chance to get a copy of the v4 editor retail. Everyone was really surprised that it (and the otomachi una starter pack that sold out) was restocked. Your only other chance to get it is to go on mercari and Yahoo japan and hope you snag a good deal for a used one, which is what i did, and it took months of checking to snag one 😅

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I'm not really sure how it works, but there is Vocaloid4.5 Editor for Cubase (it's like Vocaloid5 Editor, so it uses V5 voices and older, but looks like V4 editor). I'm not sure about the cost/what it entails getting that running/don't have time to investigate right now, though.

static-oceans

Dec 2, 2019
V4.5 comes with v5 and you need cubase ai for it (i think cubase ai specifically, i could be wrong)

CatMoun

Phonology and voice synths are pretty much my life
Aug 14, 2020
Well, back last year I was able to find a lot of Vocaloid4 Starter Packs very easily to buy. I even got my Gumi Native V4 there. But for some reason, now they're not easy to find anymore. So I guess you're kinda late now, I'm really sorry. But as they mentioned, you still can find Gumi Complete V4 Starter Pack. They're harder to sell because they're expensive. I was able to find Gackpoid Complete too but I think it's V3? I'm not sure. Well, I wish you can get it. :)

Maribelle

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
Sadly the Gumiv4 complete starter packs sold out recently :( now we all just have to sit and hope a random restock happens please let it be AHS' turn

• Wow
Reactions: CatMoun

CatMoun

Phonology and voice synths are pretty much my life
Aug 14, 2020
Sadly the Gumiv4 complete starter packs sold out recently :( now we all just have to sit and hope a random restock happens please let it be AHS' turn
Oh no! It's so awful!! Guess you can only get the V3 Starter Packs now...
It's so sad it had to be this way... I think the V5 editor is too overpriced..

Maribelle

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
Yee :( the best course of action imo is piapro it is pretty much exactly like v4 just still available and comes with vocals already! Much better value

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I think the V5 editor is too overpriced..
For what it’s worth, Gumi’s Complete V4 Starter Pack is just a bit more than V5 Standard, iirc. I do recommend it if you’ve got a computer that can handle it! The default vocals are actually quite nice. In the meantime, Piapro is equally worth looking into if you’re considering a Crypton vocal! Just wanted to say a word on V5’s behalf :yohioloid_lili:

Reactions: Älfa Dröttning

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Yee :( the best course of action imo is piapro it is pretty much exactly like v4 just still available and comes with vocals already! Much better value
That doesn't really help OP who's already said they don't like Piapro though ^^;; That's why they're looking for V4 in the first place.

To get V4 at all, I'd suggest just occasionally checking Mercari Japan or Yahoo Auctions. Starter packs are rare to pop up in either location, but they do happen, or you may get incredibly lucky and find the V4 editor on its own (I've only seen starter packs go up myself though). Good luck to everyone looking!

edit: Actually, just read that OP's only looking for starter packs (and I apparently didn't read the thread title oops). Yahoo Auctions is definitely your best bet for one, but V4's in pretty high demand, so they usually go really quickly. You may have to just go for it whenever you see it no matter who the Vocaloid is (as long as you're not being overcharged, of course). Last one I saw was Macne Nana, and that was almost a year ago.

Reactions: xuu

___

Oct 8, 2019
It is a reasonable price for an editor and 4 voicebanks, the worthiness boils down to whether you wanna invest into said voicebanks or not tho, which is subjective :yohioloid_lili: but ops already established its specfically V4 theyre going after so...I'm not sure how helpful this is but I DO see V4 for Cubase pop up far more often than regular V4.....maybe...that's worth looking into? Sorry if this sint much of a help hgfdsagfd

static-oceans

Dec 2, 2019
I can definitely suggest mercari japan. v4 starter packs show up there often enough. that's where i grabbed my v4 starter pack a couple months ago. just don't use buyee as a proxy and visit the site itself. mercari doesn't list items on buyee that aren't marked for international shipping (which is most things) you'll have to use a shipping agent like vv japan (which i've used for most of my vocaloids and can recommend)

I definitely feel you with piapro. it's my least favorite editor to work in. it's nothing like v4, you'll definitely have a better time with v4 if you manage to find it. good luck!

Reactions: peaches2217

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
Soundhouse has Gumi Complete v4 starter. You can use any proxy service to buy from there. They usually have good pricing on vocaloids. (I recently used buyee to buy IA duo, Gumi v4 starter, and ONE through them.)

• Wow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)