• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Medium⁵ Updates/Discussion Thread (Quadimension voices)

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Haha, the SynthV News Twitter account made this mockup as an April Fool. It's quite cute, honestly.
Hopefully April will bring us some news on SVR2 and more Quadimension vocals.

Reactions: Leon

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
ATDan does really pretty artwork of the girls. :kanon_lili::cangqiong_lili::shian_lili::haiyi_lili::chiyu_lili::aiko_lili::mirai_ani_lili:
Of course! It's not too terribly often you see the official designers of vocal synths continuing to make new content for them. Speaking of, have you seen his redesign of Xingchen in the style of her sisters? I'm hoping it'll be her boxart if she gets a SynthV vocal...

1586135662354.png

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Whenever I try to look at that page, it immediately gives me an error and takes me to the home page. I don't know if it's cause I don't have a Weibo account or something?

I am really excited to hear the demo when it comes out. I wonder what they updated for her?

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Whenever I try to look at that page, it immediately gives me an error and takes me to the home page. I don't know if it's cause I don't have a Weibo account or something?
Yeah you need a Weibo account to access it. The text is as follows:

【号(jù)外(tòu)】歌声合成引擎SynthV超话近期将迎来全新大型版本升级!
Synthesizer V 第二代引擎(开发代号"R2")将根据DAW用户的操作逻辑和使用习惯而深度优化用户体验,进一步解放声库调校的自由度;搭配更加注重易用性与可调性的全新 Synthesizer V 编辑器,以界面更直观、操作更便捷作为提升的目标。
此外,中文女声声库【五维介质超话赤羽超话 在全新版本#SynthV#引擎中演示的先行试听】将于近日解禁,敬请期待!
Most of the comments are expressing excitement and speculating what the update entails. In the image, if you zoom in, you can actually see some of the SVR2 editor. Like in the Web Version (iirc) you can see the phonemes of a note on top of it now, like VOCALOID.

Since they had to make an updated DB, I'd assume there's some sort of new feature for DBs in SVR2, but couldn't tell you what. They could have also rerecorded parts or added things. Maybe an append?

Also as an aside from reading the comments, it does seem to be the case that the reason Xingchen hasn't received a SynthV voicebank so far is because of contract issues with Shanghai Henian. The only way for them to make it happen is to either wait for Shanghai Henian to let them, fight it in court or pay the fee for breaking contract. It would take another for the contract to expire if it's a 5-year one, so let's hope that Shanghai Henian will let up a bit.

• Wow
Reactions: uncreepy

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Not to triple post (I swear I have some news!) but I just got the photos from my order of Shian and Haiyi's boxes, and Quadimension added a couple of gifts!

I'm assuming the box must be to house everything, but I'm very excited to get it all! The charms are both Halloween-themed Haiyi charms.

Anyway, something newsworthy regarding the upgrade cost for the girls' SVR2 voicebanks since I forgot to mention it before...

Basically, in a Weibo post everyone in the west managed to miss, and bearing in mind how production has been delayed due to Coronavirus, Ddickky said that it's expected that the upgrade fee for people who own the respective voicebanks will be around 50CNY ($7) each, with the aim being to make it as low as possible. Considering how awful VOCALOID upgrade fees can be sometimes (looking at you, V5) I'm pretty pleased with that, especially if we can add 15CNY as before to purchase the boxed versions. Getting a boxed SynthV VB for $10 sounds pretty sexy.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Wow that's really cool!! The only SV I'd want to buy rn is Cangqiong, sadly, and she's apparently sold out. But this is amazing news for anyone who already has one, esp stans (like @peaches2217 for Haiyi haha)

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Wow that's really cool!! The only SV I'd want to buy rn is Cangqiong, sadly, and she's apparently sold out. But this is amazing news for anyone who already has one, esp stans (like @peaches2217 for Haiyi haha)
I believe you should still be able to buy Cangqiong (and her box!) through Shian's Taobao listing. I don't know why she's only on there, but seems to be the way to get her at the moment. Seems to happen pretty often with voice synths on there...

• Love

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I believe you should still be able to buy Cangqiong (and her box!) through Shian's Taobao listing. I don't know why she's only on there, but seems to be the way to get her at the moment. Seems to happen pretty often with voice synths on there...
Oh!! I had heard you could get her through someone else but wasn't sure. Thank you! Maybe I'll try to get her soon then :D

Reactions: xuu

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Oh!! I had heard you could get her through someone else but wasn't sure. Thank you! Maybe I'll try to get her soon then :D
Hope you get her eventually! She's a real treat to use. Honestly, they're all really nice to use... I'm looking forward to trying them in SVR2.

• Love

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)