• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Miku Expo 2023 VR

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Miku Expo 2023 special costume 1/7 figure announced during WonFes 2023♪(´▽`)🎈🎁

and the main illustration Miku Expo 2023 figure(●'◡'●)🎉🎈

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mobius017

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Cool! The earliest Expo I'm aware of was in 2014, so would that be in 2024?
correct(●'◡'●)!! first one was in May 2014, then on October 2014, so.. I guess they are making something for around May or October ^-^

here is the talking session:

at 18:00 they talk about the announcement that will be very soon (probably during Miku Expo 2023 or just before) and she confirmed it will be in real location, but still can't talk about it ^-^

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Miku Expo 2023 will be on November 12!!(●'◡'●)🎉🎈

extra events:
- Digital Stars 2023
- Miku World Gallery
- Let's Paint 4.0
- Miku Expo 2023 Dish Up collaboration restaurant

:miku_ani_lili: :luka_lili::len_smile_lili::rin_smile_lIlI::meiko_lili::kaito_smile_lili:
The wording on the prtimes article was a little confusing to me, but the official website is clearer: the concert's non-VR version will be streamed on Twitch and YouTube as before. The VR version will also be streamed on YouTube.

Take it all with a grain of salt, but I had a few other thoughts I thought might be helpful for someone:

I assume there may be some kind of instructions at some point, but for anyone who doesn't know, YouTube actually has the ability to host VR-compatible videos. You can basically think of these videos (at least based on my limited experience) as videos taken with a 360° camera that records in all directions at once. If you view these videos in a regular browser, you'll be provided with arrows to turn yourself as though you were standing in place and turning your body; you can also click and drag on the video with your mouse or finger to do the same thing. If you have a VR headset, moving your actual head/turning your actual body will change your view the same way. To my knowledge, you can't move through virtual space (i.e., walk/touch things) as you can in a VR video game, because the 360° camera itself was not moving/was moving only in the way the filmer moved it.

If you'd like to see some examples of these kinds of VR videos, you can find them by searching YouTube for "VR video [name of topic of your choice]." Getting a feel for them might be helpful before the concert!

Also, if you don't happen to have a VR headset but don't want to go with the arrows or non-VR option, you can use something like Google Cardboard. As I understand, Cardboard is a kit you can get from Google where you put your phone into a cardboard box along with some plastic lenses. After installing a Cardboard app, videos like the ones on YouTube will display themselves on your phone the same way they would for a VR headset, and the lenses will focus the images so that when you hold the box to your eyes, the video will appear as it would in a headset.

Last edited:
Reactions: MagicalMiku

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I've mentioned this a few times before, but I figured I'd share these since there's just a little under a month before the show.

For the benefit of anyone who doesn't have VR stuff who doesn't want to watch the concert in 2D/pancake mode:

Google Cardboard kits are available for ~$10. They're basically cardboard boxes/plastic lenses you can slide your phone into to make a quick VR headset. When you have the headset up to your eyes and view VR content (like the concert's VR YouTube video) through the Google Cardboard app, you see the content in VR.

Links to sites that sell Google Cardboard kits:

Here's a link to the Google Cardboard app, for both Android and Apple devices:

To be honest, I'm rather surprised that some kind of themed Google Cardboard-type kit wasn't included among the merch options. But as it is, you'll have to make do with me/my efforts to bring it up for anyone who wants a cheap VR solution. (So, in that vein, I apologize for bringing it up for a third time. This is really for the benefit of anyone who didn't read the posts from multiple months ago, or who needs the links.)

Last edited:

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
Roku TV owners: note that Amazon pulled the Twitch app from Roku sometime in the time that has elapsed since the 2021 streaming Expo (supposedly in an effort to sell Firesticks). The YouTube Roku app also does not support Live videos, because of course it doesn't.

In preparation, I tried AirPlaying from my phone (using the Twitch app there) and found it to work fairly well. You even get to have chat on the phone while the video only displays on the TV.

It's probably a good idea to evaluate the way you intend to stream the show before the day arrives, just to make sure everything works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)