• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Miku Expo 2023 VR

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
(●'◡'●)🎈🎀

FYI, the YouTube VR app on PlayStation apparently no longer works.
mm.. I think one workaround is that, once the VR video is available for download (for backers who chose that plan that includes the digital download), you can play it on the PSVR media player for PS4 using a USB stick.
And talking about media player, if you have a Xbox console, you can download VLC player from store and I think is possible to play a video stream from any URL (it works on Windows, but I haven't checked the Xbox app) :ryuuto_ani_lili:

Last edited:
Reactions: mobius017

InstallGentoo

Aspiring Fan
May 7, 2021
It seems that the VR concert is still to be announced? the Description says it's on 39ch (miku-channel), I assume it's different from Miku's official YT channel.

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
39ch is the regular Hatsune Miku channel. They've changed the branding back and forth over the years, but they moved back to referring to it as 39ch about a year ago (around the time Culture by Tsumiki was first posted) when they decided they wanted to promote non-Miku synths more.

There's also older content on the channel with 39ch (pronounced "Miku-chan" in the voice over) title cards.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Yeah, now that you mention it.... I wonder what that means?
in the backers mailing list, they wrote that the VR video will be available for a limited time, and maybe it depends on the fact that will be a live streamed event with VR support: maybe the URL of the VR video will be available just some hours before the event, probably its platform works differently compared to normal live streaming ^-^

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
in the backers mailing list, they wrote that the VR video will be available for a limited time, and maybe it depends on the fact that will be a live streamed event with VR support: maybe the URL of the VR video will be available just some hours before the event, probably its platform works differently compared to normal live streaming ^-^
Ah, I could understand that being the case. Normal YouTube livestreams go to the page with a message about how the event hasn't started yet, I believe. If, possibly, that page doesn't show beforehand for the same length of time...I could imagine that. YouTube might reduce that window if there are higher hardware requirements to generate a VR image in real time--which, theoretically, shouldn't *have* to happen in this case, if it works like 2021 Online did, since I assume (possibly incorrectly) the VR video could be prepared beforehand, but the concert is on the same live platform as people who do generate a moment-to-moment live VR feed.... Though really, YouTube shouldn't *have* to do any extra work until the video actually starts...doesn't mean they don't, though--they might spin up the extra stuff as soon as the page loads so that it's ready when the stream starts.... Mm, I could see that, or something like it, making some sense.

If that is the case, I kind of wish something like that could have been included in the announcement. Just something like "VR: URL is not available to us yet. We'll post an update on X (Twitter) 3 hours (or whatever timeframe) before the show with the link, so stay tuned!" (Hopefully YouTube does offer streamers some idea of when the URL will be available, though it wouldn't really surprise me if they didn't and only promised to notify them or something.) By only saying that the URL will come soon, it sort of invites people to start imagining unfounded worst-case scenarios.

Last edited:
Reactions: MagicalMiku

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
The VR link seems to be up! It's in the description of the YouTube standard (non-VR) video.

The video seems to be private at the moment. I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but the link is visible to everyone at the moment, and I really don't want anyone to miss the show. So here are the links; I assume the VR link will become public closer to when the show starts.

Twitch: Twitch

YouTube (standard): YouTube standard

YouTube (VR): YouTube VR

InstallGentoo

Aspiring Fan
May 7, 2021
The VR link seems to be up! It's in the description of the YouTube standard (non-VR) video.

The video seems to be private at the moment. I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but the link is visible to everyone at the moment, and I really don't want anyone to miss the show. So here are the links; I assume the VR link will become public closer to when the show starts.

Twitch: Twitch

YouTube (standard): YouTube standard

YouTube (VR): YouTube VR
So, backers mailing list. I pledged Music pack delux... don't know anything I did wrong.

InstallGentoo

Aspiring Fan
May 7, 2021
here is everything(●'◡'●)🎁🎀

So it says video is private, what's the trick?
edit: I guess I'm watching the standard video, didn't see anything in my email or kickstarter. Is the private video for those who pledged higher?

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
So it says video is private, what's the trick?
edit: I guess I'm watching the standard video, didn't see anything in my email or kickstarter. Is the private video for those who pledged higher?
I honestly think they'll make the YouTube VR video public at some point before the show starts.

The VR aspect wasn't dependent on how much you pledged at all.

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Gotta grab some rest before I try to attend concert number 2, but FYI, the VR video does go public. It switches at the moment the concert is scheduled to start. Fortunately, there's a bit of an intro sequence (maybe a minute or two), so you have some time to get your VR equipment situated.

I'm not totally sure if YouTube will reflect the change at the moment the video goes public or not--you may have to keep refreshing it.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
I really, really loved it<3
it was the perfect following to Miku Expo 2021, and as InstallGentoo said, it was a pleasure to watch every single minute. And it felt so special to have backed it, like with 2021. Felt so proud to have helped making it<3
:miku_ani_lili::luka_lili::len_smile_lili::rin_smile_lIlI::meiko_ani_lili::kaito_smile_lili:

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
That was so good!! The set list was much better than Miku Expo 2021, in my opinion. If I had to choose one non Shu-t or Yuukiss song for Meiko it would be forever Fraulein=Biblioteca or Kowase Kowase, so that was awesome. Also Midnight Surf is really good, I don’t know how I’ve never heard it before.
I’m really sad that Miku Expo is going back to in person only. If only they sold streaming tickets as well, it would help out people who can’t go to in person events or can’t travel to events. (For the record Hololive puts on concerts that have in person and streaming options, so I don’t see why whoever is in charge of Miku concerts couldn’t do that too)

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
I tried to spot my name in the backer list, but they weren't in alphabetical order within the tiers. Oh well lol.

A few takeaways:
  • The musicians were 2D/on glass for the first time, when it's usually the other way around.
  • Final Fantasy XIV boss fight vibes.
  • The Maubox Digital Stars was a lot of fun. I especially liked the cat DJ, glowstick cats, and "mas gatos con mis gatos" song.
Edit: @WyndReed Crypton does do streaming tickets for Magical Mirai (I've bought them twice now), and I hope they continue doing so. It's kind of odd that they didn't for Miku Expo 2024. I wonder if it's some contractual weirdness with the venues or ticket brokers. I really like the streaming events and hope they do more...especially since it's not like Miku Expo is even on the same continent each year.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)