• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Miku Expo 2024 North America

JGV

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Last night was even better than last week.

Mikuahais from Japan gathered next to me. Making a nice group with lightsticks. The energy felt positive and felt like there is more love for Miku. Could not be happier at that moment.

IMG_1017.jpeg

Thanks to everyone who came to Coachella. Thanks to everyone who watched the livestreams.

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
I just watched the replay and the cameraguys did a much better job with this performance. Hopefully Miku shows up at the next Coachella. It’d be cool to have her there as a headliner or to bring in another cryptonloid, but that’s a long shot. (What would be really cool would be to have an IA x Miku x Gumi virtual diva concert, but there’s no way that is ever happening. lol)

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hopefully Miku shows up at the next Coachella. It’d be cool to have her there as a headliner or to bring in another cryptonloid, but that’s a long shot.
I noticed that Miku's name is in the list of artists on the Coachella merch. Shouldn't be a surprise, I guess, since I assume every artist's name is on there, but it kind of makes me want to buy one.

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
The Denver concert was amazing. The band did great, the lighting was impressive, and I have to say there are definite advantages to the notorious screen. It's so vivid, and the dark regions stay dark (instead of picking up stray projector light or reflections from the front). Photos of it really don't do the set justice. When the colored spotlight beams come down from the top, they end up being visible behind the screen and in front of it on the smoke in the air, so it sometimes looks like it's blending with the LED panel. The line art is fully RGB and coordinates with the vocaloids as well. There didn't really seem to be anywhere that would have a bad angle, except for extreme sides near the very front.

The crowd was great, and I had fun in the lines and hanging out in the bar areas inside the venue before going up to the balcony for the reserved seats. A ton of cosplayers, and people posing Miku plushies and figures for photos.

Didn't end up making it in time for light sticks, but hung out in an adjacent brew pub until the line for entry started, and someone gave us some chemical glowsticks.

Edit: I do strongly advise concert earplugs (Etymotic or similar) for anyone going, having experienced it and taken decibel readings with my Apple Watch. It was hitting 93dB a lot and triggering warnings on my watch, and you can feel the bass frequencies heavily in your chest. Protect your hearing if you like music!

Last edited:

The_Dude

New Fan
Apr 7, 2024
Well if nothing else it looks like Coachella went off without any mishaps and hopefully left enough of a good first impression for many that saw her there for the first time. But TBH aside from the whole LED screen issues I think I'm kinda glad I didn't spring the several hundred bucks to try and go see her at a city near me this time around. Since it's been several years since the last expo I would've thought CFM & the concert promoters would've used all this time to come up with some clever new ways to roll out a live show performance. Looks like I'll have to try and save some money to try and go to Japan some time in the near future hopefully to try and make it to one of the Nico Nico Chou festivals to get to see some interesting innovations in Vocaloid concerts.

Kind of a shame if it does end up having to go that way as I've been wanting to see the same level of love and creativity in putting on these concerts here stateside as they sometimes do in Japan. I mean I know the chances of me seeing a show with even most if not all of the songs being songs I like are pretty much nil (doubt they'll ever play something like "Where's Hell Enma-san" or "Diamond" or even "Apple.com" since those aren't the kind of songs they usually play at these shows). But I still wish the concert producers would at least show a little bit of creativity in how they execute these concert performances. Like, oh I dunno, maybe change the order in which they Vocaloids appear. Like maybe have Meiko or Kaito open the show and then the Kagamines, and then have Miku headline the evening afterwards. Could be some little things like that at least to start.

Reactions: InstallGentoo

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
While I agree that trying new things is definitely a good thing, they would never ever not open with Miku.
It's MIKU Expo, Miku is in the name, I bet some of the attendees would even ONLY know about Miku (or if not that, only "care", even if that is sad) and it would be very very odd if she didn't open.
So that particular idea I think is not only not likely to happen, it would also be not a good move at all I don't think.

For new things it seems that will only ever be reserved to Magical Mirai concerts pretty much, though I am not saying THAT particular fact is a good thing. But I can kinda understand it at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)