• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Miku Expo 2024 North America

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Miku Expo is back as an irl event, returning to North America in spring 2024.

Locations:
Vancouver, BC: April 4th
Portland, OR: April 6th
San Jose, CA April 8th & 9th
Phoenix, AZ: April 14th
Los Angeles, CA: April 17th
Denver, CO: April 22nd
Dallas, TX: April 25th
Austin, TX: April 27th
Atlanta, GA: April 30th
Orlando, FL: May 2nd
Washington DC: May 5th
Newark, NJ: May 7th
Boston, MA: May 9th
Detroit, MI: May 12th
Chicago, IL: May 14th
Toronto, ON: May 16th
Mexico City, DF: May 21st

Last edited:

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
Oy no NYC. I won’t go back into NJ, not even for Miku Expo. Tickets go on sale for some concerts in a day and a half. Given crunchroll members have first pick and this is through ticket master I’m speculating that there wont be many tickets for general public. Honestly I wish this was a lottery like Magical Mirai.

Onsale to General Public
Starts Fri, Sep 22 @ 10:00 am EDT

CRUNCHYROLL PREMIUM PRESALE
Starts Thu, Sep 14 @ 10:00 am EDT
Ends Mon, Sep 18 @ 08:00 am EDT

CRUNCHYROLL GENERAL PRESALE
Starts Mon, Sep 18 @ 10:00 am EDT
Ends Wed, Sep 20 @ 08:00 am EDT

PROMOTERS CHOICE PRESALE
Starts Wed, Sep 20 @ 10:00 am EDT
Ends Fri, Sep 22 @ 08:00 am EDT

Edit: I checked the faq for the Atlanta arena and the restrictions for what you can bring in is tough. It’s probably different for each venue, but most likely only clear bags and small non clear bags allowed because of safety concerns.
I’m going to comb through some of the other venues’ websites, but possibly no merch/ita bags allowed at some.

Last edited:
Reactions: MillyAqualine

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
OMG I think I can finally attend Miku Expo now!!!

The Phoenix arena do's & don'ts I don't think is the worse but I've honestly never been to a concert before sooooo i'll have to measure my purse i guess tho

I think they do ban larger totes tho so I guess they can't sell those at the venue if they have merch...?

Reactions: WyndReed

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
Here's the Crunchyroll info link: Crunchyroll - Anime News | Crunchyroll News

Crunchyroll Premium members can expect an email on September 14, 2023 at 7 a.m. PST with an exclusive code for Premium-only pre-sale access.

1. Make sure you're an active Crunchyroll Premium Member and are opted in to receive emails from us.
  2. Head here to access the presale portal.
  3. Copy and paste the code from your email and click "Access Presale."
  4. Select your tour stop of choice.
  5. Get your tickets!
Crunchyroll presale offer is valid on September 14, 2023 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. PT
Another thing to check, besides being opted in to emails, is that your email is actually verified (it will display a warning on the page for updating your email address if not).

Last edited:

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
Got tickets! \o/ \o/
Opted for Denver, since I have to fly to any of the stops, and I figured Chicago would sell out faster (plus airfare and hotel looked cheaper).

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
Since this is really a major disaster and the code isn’t unique and nothing on the email says I can’t share the code here it is: MIKUxCRUNCHYROLL
Mods feel free to edit this if you want to.
Current ticket status (as of 12:25 EST):
Vancouver: Still has tickets, code does not work
Portland: Still has tickets
San Jose:
April 8th: General Admission only
April 9th: Still has tickets
Phoenix: Still has VIP, code won’t work on other presale that are left
Denver: Seems to still have VIP tickets, but website confusing
Dallas: Standing room only
Austin: Won’t let me access the presale
Atlanta: Sold out
Orlando: Only accessible
DC: Still has tickets
Newark: Still has tickets
Boston: Still has tickets
Detroit: Still has tickets
Chicago: Still has tickets
Toronto: Tickets still available
Mexico City: Website won’t work for me

It’s really not clear if all of the tickets are on sale now or just some. Some venues have VIP and some don’t.

Also please don’t take the accessible/companion seats unless they apply to you!

Between not giving much time from the announcement to the presales, how each venue is doing it differently, and how crunchyoll set it up so that basically only premium members could get tickets this concert roll out is an extreme mess.

Last edited:

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
I was able to get one for myself in Phoenix but there was barely any seats left... I couldn't find one for my boyfriend so I guess we'll try out luck next week for him. T - T

Edit: They opened up more seats so I got my boyfriend a ticket too! (Same section, but 2 rows ahead of me sadly)

Last edited:

JGV

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Very excited for next year!!!

It will be 4 years since the last irl Miku Expo and 5 years since the last North America tour by the time this tour starts.

I will be only attending both San Jose shows. Due to my limited vacation days and a lack of Saturday shows, as most shows will take place on a weekday. I could squeeze in Portland, but scheduling is too tight and I don't want be exhausted.

I'm surprised Los Angeles is not schedule. Which gives speculation that Miku might play Coachella. With Coachella's radius clause which prohibits artist from performing in Southern California over a six month period (December-May), hence LA not being on the schedule. Also, given the long breaks between San Jose, Phoenix and Denver in the schedule. Logistically that gives time to perform at the event. Hope that's the case. We'll have confirmation of the artist line-up in January.

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
I'm surprised Los Angeles is not schedule. Which gives speculation that Miku might play Coachella. With Coachella's radius clause which prohibits artist from performing in Southern California over a six month period (December-May), hence LA not being on the schedule. Also, given the long breaks between San Jose, Phoenix and Denver in the schedule. Logistically that gives time to perform at the event. Hope that's the case. We'll have confirmation of the artist line-up in January.
That's an interesting observation, seeing as Miku was supposed to perform at Coachella (along with RATM...wouldn't that be a fun surprise collaboration?) in 2020, but was preempted by COVID.

Unrelated, but I have a question for people who have gone to the Expo previously: what is the glowstick policy? Are you expected to buy penlights sold on-site, preordered somehow, or can you bring standard concert penlights (King Blade, et al)?

Reactions: WyndReed

JGV

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Only official Miku event lightsticks and chemical glowsticks no longer than six inches are allowed.

Kingblades, UO(ultra orange) lightsticks, or any other idol lightsticks are prohibited. As they are too bright and might affect the performance.

Official lightsticks will be avalable at the venue. Pre-orders maybe available when announced.

You are not expected to buy a penlight, but it improves the overall concert experience.

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
I suspected as much, given the difficulty lighting causes for projection lol. (I've seen struggles with ambient light for local fan-run projection events.) Thanks for the info.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Er, what kind of prices are you guys seeing? I'm seeing like $600, $800, even $1000 some places? They definitely weren't that high in 2020; then again, they're all these Official Platinum/similar things, which are supposedly seats maintained/sold by Ticketmaster and are priced based on "current market value"....

Granted, some of those are for two seats. But to get them, you seem to be required to buy two seats.

IIRC, even the VIP tickets were $140-ish in 2020, though my memory's fuzzy. And I want to think a regular ticket was about $70?

Not pleased with how the new system is taking advantage of our girl here. Tickets in Japan for Mirai aren't anywhere near that much, AFAIK. So this would seem to be a Ticketmaster thing. (I haven't seen the Crunchyroll presale prices.)

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, which is totally possible.

Last edited:

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
I got VIP ones for a little over $100 in the first few minutes (Denver). I wonder if they're scaling prices up as they sell, or if it's just down to the city? Or if the venues using TicketMaster are higher? (Denver is AXS.)

The state of concert tickets in general is sad in the US. It's disappointing to see it affecting this, and I wish a lottery system were on the table (like JP sales, or how Square Enix did FanFest tickets)...but there's a complex mess with the exclusivity relationships large venues have with ticketing companies.

Last edited:

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
Honestly the roll out for this Miku Expo has been horrible. I have a friend who really wanted to go to the Atlanta concert, but it’s like as soon as it was open tickets were gone. There also haven’t been a clear statement of if there were any tickets saved for the other presale periods or general admission for any of the venues. Honestly Crunchyroll really messed up. (Also it’s really bad to announce the concerts and then put tickets on sale several days after the announcement. Like there’s no time to get money together to pay for tickets. I don’t even know how some people afforded the tickets. Credit cards? And basically having it so basically only crunchy premium members got seats is really really bad. Then it turned out that it was just a generic code.)
I was looking at the Boston concert, but we seriously don’t have the money rn to spend on tickets. My mom and I qualify for accessible seating, so I’m hoping that the seats don’t go for a bit because they are accessible. I think legally venues have to save accessible seating for disabled patrons except like right before the concert.
Edit: Oh and to make matters worse, the disabled seating for the Atlanta concert is awful. There’s a 3d tour of the stadium and it’s just really bad. They should’ve picked something other than a basketball arena.

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
I just checked again and it looks like reserved seats are still $100 in Denver and $60 for general admission. So for anyone who's looking at flying already, that's still a good option.

I strongly suspect we're seeing TicketMaster gouging. They commonly inflate prices and hold back tickets for secondary markets (such as credit card offers or third party brokers). They also use dynamic/surge pricing that rises based on demand. It's obnoxious.

Either that or Denverians have a much lower interest in Miku. 🤔

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)