• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Music distribution service BIG UP! allows international vocal synth producers to monetize their work

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
I learned about it from a recent Twindrills fanbox post. It seems like a new music distribution service named Big Up allows international users to publish their work on spotify etc without having to censor the name and design of the voicebank they're using (thus allowing to mention "hatsune miku", "kasane teto" "vflower" etc in the name of the release)
it also allows to have cover arts using the character for the album/EP

they have a list of all the voicebanks they allow that's at the bottom of the dashboard once registered, this is the list at the time of writing :
- v4 flower
- Hatsune Miku
- Kagamine Rin
- Kagamine Len
- Megurine Luka
- MEIKO
- KAITO
- Kasane Teto (After asking to Twindrills for more details, this affects all UTAU VBs and the paid synthesizer v voicebank, the free SynthV voicebank stays banned from commercial use)
- ROSE
- POPY
- RIME
- SEKAI
- Suzuki Tsuzumi
- Chifuyu Hanakuma
- Natsuiro Karin
- Koharu Rikka
- Kirune and AiSuu
- Minato Futaba
- KZN (Kizuna)
- Sato Sasara
- Chisei
- Kafu
- VY2 V3
- Mew
- ZOLA PROJECT
- VY1 V4
- CYBER DIVA
- miki
- Kaai Yuki
- Nekomura Iroha
- Hiyama Kiyoteru
- Yuzuki Yukari
- Tohoku Zunko
- Tohoku Itako
- Tohoku Kiritan
- Shikoku Metan
- Kyuushuu Sora
- Chugoku Usagi
- Oedo Chanko
- Chubu Tsurugi
- Kansai Shinobi
- Hokkaido Meron
- Okinawa Awamo
- Zundamon
- GACKPOID
- MEGPOID
- Kokone
- CUL
- Lily
- Chika
- Otomachi Una
- MYK-IV
- Haruno Sora
- Tsurumaki Maki
- Kyomachi Seika

The website is available at BIG UP!, for non-japanese producers, they have the option to use Paypal to receive money rather than a japanese bank account.

1692425966575.png
Those are the terms when it comes to the revenue split.
when they talk about use of the names, they mean that it is forbidden to just title a song "Teto" or to just title a song "Kagamine Rin"

To credit the voicebank and enable the revenue split, you will need to set the voice as a featured artist when publishing.
You can do so like this. It is also possible to set the vocaloid as the main artist, in this case it would end up credited as
"Hatsune Miku (Composer name)" for instance (putting the name of the composer in parentheses)
1692480782043.png
This is how it appears once a song is published (here it's apple music, kilda was the guitarist I credited too in the featuring artist category)
1693397854425.png

Last edited:

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
mm.. I understand why this kind of service exists, and while i'm not familiar with other voice synth companies, for Crypton i'm sure there are strict guidelines, terms and conditions when it comes to publish any song made using their software.
if you are a producer and using Crypton software, please contact Crypton at the following address before publish songs and videos under any kind of service:
intlbiz [at] crypton.co.jp

contact page:

they will be very happy to assist with any kind of information regarding this. Before applying to any kind of service, please contact Crypton or other companies directly,thank you.
Crypton piapro guidelines:

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
mm.. I understand why this kind of service exists, and while i'm not familiar with other voice synth companies, for Crypton i'm sure there are strict guidelines, terms and conditions when it comes to publish any song made using their software.
if you are a producer and using Crypton software, please contact Crypton at the following address before publish songs and videos under any kind of service:
intlbiz [at] crypton.co.jp

contact page:

they will be very happy to assist with any kind of information regarding this. Before applying to any kind of service, please contact Crypton or other companies directly,thank you.
Crypton piapro guidelines:
this is the standard procedure if we use a non officially supported distribution service.
The whole point of this kind of officially supported service is to simplify the procedure, it will automatically send 20% of the income from the uploads to crypton future media, they signed a contract with them for this

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
this is the standard procedure if we use a non officially supported distribution service.
The whole point of this kind of service is to simplify the procedure, it will automatically send 20% of the income from the uploads to crypton future media, they signed a contract with them for this
I apologize if my previous message seemed negative, but it wasn't: that is basically a proxy service that takes a cut of 20%, and my advice for any producer is to never sign a contract with an external service, because you never know what can happen in the future with that service. A song is a personal work. That's why I recommend to contact directly Crypton ot the other companies for any commercial use. Crypton itself has its own Karent label, and many producers publish their songs digitally on mora, apple stores, amazon music, etc.. and if you are a new producer, is better to start with not-commercial songs and publish them without worries. Most Vocaloid producers started like this.

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
I apologize if my previous message seemed negative, but it wasn't: that is basically a proxy service that takes a cut of 20%, and my advice for any producer is to never sign a contract with an external service, because you never know what can happen in the future with that service. A song is a personal work. That's why I recommend to contact directly Crypton ot the other companies for any commercial use. Crypton itself has its own Karent label, and many producers publish their songs digitally on mora, apple stores, amazon music, etc.. and if you are a new producer, is better to start with not-commercial songs and publish them without worries. Most Vocaloid producers started like this.
I think you didn't actually check, the 20% cut is actually directly sent to crypton for their vocal synth system associated

the cut of the service itself is of 30% for free uploads and of 0% for paid uploads
which means that for a free upload, the share would be of 50% (30% for the service, 20% for crypton)
for a paid upload it would be 20% (0% for the service, 20% for crypton)
I would suggest to verify your informations before posting, I did verify mines beforehand

The official Twindrills account even promoted the service next to KARENT as an alternative for foreigners 重音テトを使用した収益化について|重音テト公式ツインドリル|pixivFANBOX

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
sorry, I was replying to your message regarding the cut
it will automatically send 20% of the income
and yes there are different plans, and I understand why a service like this might seem nice. It is nice and helpful for many people, i'm sure, but if you think to become a successful producer, my advice is to start with not-commercial songs. After you become popular with your songs, the music labels will contact you. Or you can use these kind of services, or doing it by yourself (it's sure much harder, but you have control of any rights of your work and you don't depend on theirs terms of service, which can change).

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
sorry, I was replying to your message regarding the cut

and yes there are different plans, and I understand why a service like this might seem nice. It is nice and helpful for many people, i'm sure, but if you think to become a successful producer, my advice is to start with not-commercial songs. After you become popular with your songs, the music labels will contact you. Or you can use these kind of services, or doing it by yourself (it's sure much harder, but you have control of any rights of your work and you don't depend on theirs terms of service, which can change).
I think you confuse music distribution services with labels.
with these services we do have control over our songs and we don't lose any copyright, we can stop using the service whenever we want. They just provide us with the ability to post on various storefronts without worrying about the legal procedures in exchange for a fee. (30% for big up + the fees sent to crypton future media)

technically it's not about "becoming a successful" producer or not, it's to simple have the ability to upload our songs on spotify etc which can also be for pure convenience as an indie cannot upload on spotify without a label or a music distribution service

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
what I just said from the first message is that, in any case, is better to first contact the voice synth company to have more information about the commercial use of the songs and see what is better. Some prefer to have more control and pay less fees (but spend much more time, indeed), and others prefer the other way. That's the nice thing of the self-publish, there are many options to choose from.

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
what I just said from the first message is that, in any case, is better to first contact the voice synth company to have more information about the commercial use of the songs and see what is better. Some prefer to have more control and pay less fees (but spend much more time, indeed), and others prefer the other way. That's the nice thing of the self-publish, there are many options to choose from.
There might have been a misunderstanding in such a case because I originally thought you were saying I was wrong about Big Up! Being a legal alternative to a custom contract

I added informations about how to feature a voicebank in a release.

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
I just updated it with the two added vbs, Haruno Sora and Tsurumaki maki (they seem to add voicebanks regularly, that's pretty cool)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)