• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Neutrino

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Now the inverse of Hippi's situation has happened to me - I thought Seven would have a cutesier, moe-like voice based on her design, but instead it sounds more powerful and mature than I expected. Neutrino has also benefitted from engine updates, because Seven sounds beautifully realistic so far. In fact, I think it's sounding better than CeVIO recently.

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
7 sounds great! I have a few thoughts on her design, though.

"Okay Jim, how can we make a popular Neutrino character?"
"Well Bob, the terrible fanbase loves Kiritan."
"Those sound like the type of people we want to make money from! Let's use Kiritan as a base."
"Great idea Bob. But what can we add that would make her even more popular?"
"Well Jim, let's just add something else that male otaku seem to like."
"Bazongas?"
"Bazongers, Jim."
"...We need a sexy outfit to go with them. What's the first thing you think of, Bob?"
"Uhhh ...playboy bunny in the rain?"
"Fantastic idea Bob, we're going to be rich!"

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
7 sounds great! I have a few thoughts on her design, though.

"Okay Jim, how can we make a popular Neutrino character?"
"Well Bob, the terrible fanbase loves Kiritan."
"Those sound like the type of people we want to make money from! Let's use Kiritan as a base."
"Great idea Bob. But what can we add that would make her even more popular?"
"Well Jim, let's just add something else that male otaku seem to like."
"Bazongas?"
"Bazongers, Jim."
"...We need a sexy outfit to go with them. What's the first thing you think of, Bob?"
"Uhhh ...playboy bunny in the rain?"
"Fantastic idea Bob, we're going to be rich!"
To tell you the truth, I don’t think her design takes any of those elements any further than they’ve been taken before. Her face is a bit cutesy, but her voice at least fits the more mature design. I’d only take issue if she had a cutesy, obviously underage Kiritan-type voice. For what she sounds like I think her design is just fine.

Last edited:

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
To tell you the truth, I don’t think her design takes any of those elements any further than they’ve been taken before. Her face is a bit cutesy, but her voice at least fits the more mature design. I’d only take issue if she had a cutesy, obviously underage Kiritan-type voice. For what she sounds like I think her design is just fine.
There was once a blessed time in my life when I too would would have assumed that a sexualised character using a child's body proportions* was a stylistic choice made purely at random. I think somewhere between Una and Kiritan's official body pillows, and the very vocal Japanese portion of the fandom that asked for them becoming impossible to avoid in Twitter search terms, that I stopped giving ol' Bob and Jim the benefit of the doubt. (This is of course, nothing new. UTAU being originally named 'loliedit' was somewhat prophetic for the fandom.) If this post doesn't change how you perceive anything, please treasure that feeling, I will spare you the whole Powerpoint on the norms of marketing and fetish in the Japanese tech and entertainment industry. Knowledge is a curse and I don't hold it against anyone for not wanting to analyse it.

*Minus the, uh, one change.

Maribelle

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
So like is her name like English 7 or Nana? Just curious

Edit am dumb lol ignore me its legit a 7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)