• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

[SOLVED]lost old PC with vocaloids activated, any way to get authorization back?

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
Nice! Did Crypton give you any details about how to request an activation reset request? Is there somewhere you can go on Sonicwire to do that, or do you just reply to the email maybe?
i think i would have to email them again (or respond to my current one) and let them know that i need to reset it. to clarify, i contacted them through this page! and i think youd just need to say in your form that that is what you need to do. dont think theres a specific place to inquire other than there.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
more updates:
was pleased to see i got a response from PowerFX! i only own Oliver and they said they would reach out to Yamaha about getting more activations for it.
still waiting on AHS and Yamaha to respond... Yamaha is kind of the most important in the case of resetting loids like V Flower (or really all of them) because i have yet to contact Gynoid due to language. as it seems, the individual companies cant reset the serial code activation- they can only redistribute a new one (as Zero-g informed me).

however an additional issue has arisen. i had access to my already installed Vocaloid 1/2/4/5 on my original hard drive and was going to reinstall them on my current main C: drive. reinstall and not copy, due to whatever hidden files are injected into appdata/win/system files etc. but im getting errors for V4 and V5 and im not sure why. V4 wont install at all because it says its missing a data1.cab file, which isnt located in the install folder but is in an update folder??
i can redownload my V5 from my purchases but i cannot redownload V4 from the old link in my email... had my dad email yamaha support about a download for V4 since he bought it for me as a gift with his email. really hope that gets fixed too or im doomed to never using V4 again unless someone literally gives me their install files.
additionally i am still using windows 7 (wanted to reinstall with 7 so i could double check all my older, niche programs) and i plan to upgrade soon since i checked to make sure everything i use is compatible. so it may mysteriously get rid of these issues, idk. this is a whole unrelated issue so ill try and figure it out separately.

___

Oct 8, 2019
but i cannot redownload V4 from the old link in my email... had my dad email yamaha support about a download for V4 since he bought it for me as a gift with his email. really hope that gets fixed too or im doomed to never using V4 again unless someone literally gives me their install files.
Im not sure whether youd be able to recover those and if you have V4 AHS loids ( Im not tech savy sorry if I'm saying bs ) but V4 AHS loids do come with full V4 editor trial ( well....unless u have serial...then it wont be trial anymore cvbnm ) so if you can get it try installing that one? If not I do own V4 AHS loids so I could send you my file.

Sorry if this isnt helpful and Im speaking nonsense!

Last edited:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
Im not sure whether youd be able to recover those and if you have V4 AHS loids ( Im not tech savy sorry if I'm saying bs ) but V4 AHS loids do come with full V4 editor trial ( well....unless u have serial...then it wont be trial anymore cvbnm ) so if you can get it try installing that one? If not I do own V4 AHS loids so I could send you my file.

Sorry if this isnt helpful and Im speaking nonsense!
sadly my only AHS loid is a V2 loid :( i imagine activating a trial version would work as i could just activate it from trial to full? but it doesnt seem any of my vocaloids for V4 came with trial versions of the editor... they (official vocaloid site) no longer seems to host a trial version on their website either so unless someone happened to already have the trial install files and could send it my way then idk how else to find them. really hope yamaha will respond and give me a new download link (which i did request years ago in 2016 and they did it)

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Noticed this thread while I was popping in, so I’ll try to give some info/help as much as I can.

Firstly, I’ll solidify some things:
- Vocaloid products have 3 activations, after you use all three, you’re out of luck unless a company is willing to give you more activations or a new code
- Yamaha no longer does trials, so you have to email them and ask for a new download. Can’t say I know your chances with discontinued/unsupported products now. AHS V2 trials cannot be activated to the full version. I believe trials are only the same as the full software in V3/4. Otherwise, they’re treated as completely different.

Your best bet for installers may be finding a friend willing togive you installer files if the companies won’t. As for activations, if you can’t deactivate from your old hard drive and the companies will not give more activations, you’ sadly out of luck.

Hope that helps/clears things up at all

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
Noticed this thread while I was popping in, so I’ll try to give some info/help as much as I can.

Firstly, I’ll solidify some things:
- Vocaloid products have 3 activations, after you use all three, you’re out of luck unless a company is willing to give you more activations or a new code
- Yamaha no longer does trials, so you have to email them and ask for a new download. Can’t say I know your chances with discontinued/unsupported products now. AHS V2 trials cannot be activated to the full version. I believe trials are only the same as the full software in V3/4. Otherwise, they’re treated as completely different.

Your best bet for installers may be finding a friend willing togive you installer files if the companies won’t. As for activations, if you can’t deactivate from your old hard drive and the companies will not give more activations, you’ sadly out of luck.

Hope that helps/clears things up at all
ive heard about vocaloids having 3 activations and i know i did not use more than one (have always had them on my one previous PC and they never changed).. when i initially went to test vocaloid, i was attempting to start it from my old drive (as a secondary drive) on my new os install. but i think my errors in activating them initially had to do with running the already installed vocaloid engine instead of a new install on my C drive, sooo i am hoping i will have some success once im able to reinstall v4 and v5 and that i may not actually be out of activations. I beleive this not-proper install through my C drive may be some of the issue as i was able to activate one VB (MikuV4 Eng because i know she has 3 activations as SonicWire told me) and it activated just fine. but then on the other hand i did this with Dex, and it did not activate so, im not sure if i just happened to use it more than i realized or if not all loids have 3 activations. i actually do have installation files for every vocaloid i have ever bought along with vocaloid4 and vocaloid5 engines but for whatever reason, vocaloid 4 throws me an error about a missing file and im not sure why so im hoping i can get a new link to download it unless it provided to me some other way. ultimately i cant activate the engines until those codes are deactivated, even if i can activate my voice banks more than once so i will continue waiting on that response.

however re: companies will not give more activations
as i stated just earlier SonicWire stated they could reset my activations if i couldnt activate after the 3 and PowerFX is reaching out to reset my activation. additionally i have known a few people who have had new serial codes provided to them (and i had this happen once myself, namely with zero-g). so i think its dependant on the compant and the situation. im not here to accept losing hundreds of dollars just bc someone says i cant fix this so i will continue pushing even if its said that companies will not help. so far they are

Last edited:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
minor update: i got a download of the vocaloid 4 trial from someone, as i wait to get an official email back and it seems that i should be able to activate it and make it full (and it has the missing cab file my old download files didnt have so i had no errors)........ sadly, when i went to activate it, it said all activations were used. forgot the engine itself only has one activation, same with V5, so i will have to wait for yamaha to respond to hear about deactivating them anyways even if i were to try and reactivate the loids that have 3 activation available. i will ultimately wait for the engine's codes to work before i attempt that.

Last edited:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
been a few days, since the weekend means no emails from companies. but hey, finally got an email from Yamaha! (still waiting to hear from AHS and Voctro Labs) They did say that Vocaloid 5 should have more than one activation but they can reset it if needed. I stated earlier that i was having errors on the install so i hadnt been able to try at all and today i installed V5 again and it worked fine. Donno what changed there but i was able to activate the engine.

They stated "If you meet the maximum number of activations has been reached, and the software cannot be activated. Please contact us. However, we can’t reset 3’rd party’s activation restriction. Regarding 3’rd party’s voice bank such as Megpoid or Hatsune Miku, please contact corresponding companies." their statement of "third party" doesnt have a lot of context as I shared that Zero-G said they couldnt reset the vocaloid activation but Crypton could. im sure Crypton has their own thing going on because they also have their own engine too, but i cant confirm that. PowerFX also said they had to reach out to Yamaha about my activation soooo it seems like its a unique situation for the companies based on how they worked with Yamaha.

so as it stands: vocaloid 5 engine is activated. i can activate Mikuv4_eng because she has multiple activations but after trying others, i could not activate Dex for example. i referenced to Yamaha in my response that certain companies said Yamaha had to do this action and will be waiting to hear back. i will try a few other loids because it doesnt seem to super clear cut on what companies have loids with more than one activation (Dex and Daina definitely dont and i know i havent activated them more than once) but ill still be leaning on Yamaha to reset things for me in the mean time.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
small update since i just hear back from PowerFX again after they said theyd reach out to Yamaha last week! They said the code has been reset. i did note Oliver's serial code when i emailed Yamaha earlier, so idk if they just got confirmation of this action because of my email being read or what. But PowerFX reset my activations for Oliver.

i will be honest i am a little unsure which loids and i can and cant activate, because i cant activate Dex but i can activate Daina? even though i installed them together and never deactivated them. im currently properly reinstalling every loids i own and seeing which ones activate. regardless, heres to hoping Yamaha resets them all anyways since theres at least one activation on every loid i own that i cannot deactivate anyways.

Last edited:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
OK... LAST UPDATE I THINK

everything is ok, everything is solved (tho i am waiting for a redownload and reset of the V4 engine but that was sent through my dad's email because he purchased it. regardless everything else i own works)
In Summary:
  • Email every company but most importantly email Yamaha. SonicWire said they could reset my Miku bank so they may help you there but every company will tell you to reach out to Yamaha, or will reach out for you. Let the companies reach out to Yamaha, it is the best wya for them to reset codes. Yamaha will reset your codes for the engines though and they may also do the loids, but they were a bit stubborn in areas tbh.
  • You can get support for V3 and V4 engines/vocaloids, theres a reason why theyre still listed on the support form. its not a mistake! i emailed them about V4 and V3 stuff and it was fine.
  • As long as you have all your order information certain companies might provide you with a new code (i had this only happen once with Avanna and that was actually a while ago for some other issue). but youre probably gonna get them reset by yamaha and definitely allow the individual companies to reach out for you if they offer!
  • if you need to redownload any of the installers, the companies will reset your links/provide you a new link so long as you have purchase information/serial codes! Yamaha said theyd only do this once when i requested Vocaloid4 engine though so be sure to back the download up somewhere safe.
  • Most vocaloids should have more than one activation, so if you lost your PC stuff you may have a chance to activate them anyways. though i dont think all loids have 3 activations as some of mine did not activate even though i activated them once. V2 and V1 as far as i could tell only have one activation but im not sure if that was just on my end.
Lastly, it took over a week for Yamaha to respond. Covid stuff is definitely slowing it down. PowerFX and Zero-g were quick, Voctro took over a week, AHS never replied. dont worry too much if you have to wait over a week to hear back!

**yamaha was a bit weird about a few cases stating they couldnt reset a loid or two but the moment the company reached out, it was reset...donno why they were like that so i do encourage asking the companies to reach out if you have an issue as well. more likely theyll respond to the company seriously!

[bit that i added below in a diff reply]
ACTIVATE YOUR LODIS TO A LAN/NIC CARD. i didnt get the option when activating for Vocaloid 5 but on V4 activation (and i think 2/3 and maybe 1?), you can pick where to activate.
Steps to doing this
> first deactivate one loid if you want, as a test, or all.
> (on win 10 at least) check what your card is called if you cant ID it in the list on the activator. go to "network and internet settings" > "Ethernet" > click on the network that says "connected" > scroll down to "manufacturer description" to read what the name of the adapter is so you can ID (in my case i had three adapters so i had to check, you may not!)
> activate your vocaloid and be sure to click on your internet card.
> it will give a warning about making sure to not take out the card. continue
What does this do? It means the activation is tied to the card and NOT your system HDD, meaning if you wanted to go and put an old Windows 7 system HDD into your pc and run vocaloid on there, you wouldnt have to transfer things! if your PC dies, you wont have to worry about that activation data being destroyed and never recovered, so long as you have the internet card. you can take the card with you to a new pc or simply get a new system drive for your existing pc if you can. hopefully you will not have to do what i did in this thread.

Last edited:

VyNancyV6

a normal pigeon
Jun 12, 2020
Earth
OK... LAST UPDATE I THINK

everything is ok, everything is solved (tho i am waiting for a redownload and reset of the V4 engine but that was sent through my dad's email because he purchased it. regardless everything else i own works)
In Summary:
  • Email every company but most importantly email Yamaha. i couldnt confirm every company's case but the only company who stated they would reset my codes was Sonicwire/Crypton likely due to them having their own engine alongside Vocaloid. i cant say i know how it all works but they probably have their own servers/way to keep track of just their stuff. Zero-g, PowerFX, Voctro Labs and likely many others can only be reset my Yamaha themself because its on their servers or whatever. Every other company will either tell you to email them or offer to reach out to them for you.
  • You can get support for V3 and V4 engines/vocaloids, theres a reason why theyre still listed on the support form. its not a mistake! i emailed them about V4 and V3 stuff and it was fine.
  • As long as you have all your order information certain companies might provide you with a new code (i had this only happen once with Avanna and that was actually a while ago for some other issue). but youre probably gonna get them reset by yamaha and definitely allow the individual companies to reach out for you if they offer!
  • if you need to redownload any of the installers, the companies will reset your links/provide you a new link so long as you have purchase information/serial codes!
  • Most vocaloids should have more than one activation, so if you lost your PC stuff you may have a chance to activate them anyways. though i dont think all loids have 3 activations as some of mine did not activate even though i activated them once. V2 and V1 as far as i could tell only have one activation.
Lastly, it took over a week for Yamaha to respond. Covid stuff is definitely slowing it down. PowerFX and Zero-g were quick, Voctro took over a week, AHS never replied. dont worry too much if you have to wait over a week to hear back!
Omg that's good
I hope all your babies work as usual
And I hope we'd been helpful for you

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
V2 and V1 as far as i could tell only have one
I don't know how much this helps, but, I had to reinstall my V2s on a new harddrive after the old one died without being able to deactivate them on my old one(yet, I hope to deactivate them once it works again so I can regain a activation), and I had no problem activating them on the new one. So I don't know why your V2s can't activate. I don't own any V1 vocaloids, so I can't confirm those and their activation limit.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
I don't know how much this helps, but, I had to reinstall my V2s on a new harddrive after the old one died without being able to deactivate them on my old one(yet, I hope to deactivate them once it works again so I can regain a activation), and I had no problem activating them on the new one. So I don't know why your V2s can't activate. I don't own any V1 vocaloids, so I can't confirm those and their activation limit.
yeah its ok because i found a way to force activate them. i definitely couldnt activate Prima or Sonika or Lola who i did not activate more than once, but theyre all working now due to a work-around someone gave me!

Reactions: Stardust

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
yeah its ok because i found a way to force activate them. i definitely couldnt activate Prima or Sonika or Lola who i did not activate more than once, but theyre all working now due to a work-around someone gave me!
Maybe their serial codes were glitched? Either way, glad you were able to get them back :yanhe_lili:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
i want to add one more thing that may be helpful to those who want to have some extra safety regarding their vocaloids and PCs getting messed up/dying. i realized this and learned a bit more about this while emailing Yamaha. someone earlier in this thread also theorized this idea.

When you activate your vocaloids it will ask where to activate them for online activation. It will first list "System installed hard disk drive" and then whatever internet cards/adapters you have (for me, i have three, for different kinds of connections. one is being used though. to find which is being used on Windows 10 go to "network and internet settings > Ethernet > click on the network that says "connected" > scroll down to "manufacturer description" to read what the name of the adapter is so you can ID it on the vocaloid authorization menu). In my emails to Yamaha they said "We suggest that you select the device other than hard disk when activating the product (i.e. LAN card) if you plan to change or switch your hard disk frequently." this is suuuuper important to consider doing!!! if you activate your vocaloids to your HDD that means that they can ONLY be used on that HDD unless they are deactivated, if you PC dies and you cannot use that exact PC again, you will not be able to use that HDD as a 'system drive' (the drive your PC boots to and runs, the C: drive). while i did have my original HDD from my old PC, it was not the system drive, and i could not make it a system drive because my replacement PC is completely different (you cannot put an old system HDD into a new pc if the motherboard, RAID card, etc is different). HOWEVER if you activate your vocaloids to your LAN/NIC/whatever internet card, then it does not rely on the HDD. you can change the HDD with no problem, installing vocaloids on multiple HDDs with activation through out. Ex. i could load up a different windows 10 install on a different drive, install vocaloids, and i would not have to reactivate them. you could also take that card and put it into a new PC rig and use it with a new HDD too so long as the card and drivers for it are compatible.

i have not done this myself as i only just realized this, but its something i high suggest doing. deactivate your loids and activate them again on your internet card. also talking about this purely from a PC/non-mac perspective! so details about using old HDDs on new PCs may not work the same. i assume if your pre-built PC model isnt identical, you will not be able to boot up a HDD from a different PC, as thats generally how that goes. so keep that in mind when planning a new PC!

Last edited:

SailorLuigi

vocafan since '08
Jan 2, 2021
Sorry if this is bumping/necroposting, but what exactly was the workaround, if it's ok to ask? I actually had Rin+Len Act2 and Prima for V2 ages ago on a pc that died (but discovered this thread wanting to transfer my V4 Editor+vocas between 2 entirely different unrelated computers). I had kinda given up hope a long time ago esp. with their old age but is there actually a way I can get them back, assuming I can find the codes again...??

Had V3 Avanna on that dead pc too so I'll take your advice for all the V3/V4 stuff, thanks!

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
Sorry if this is bumping/necroposting, but what exactly was the workaround, if it's ok to ask? I actually had Rin+Len Act2 and Prima for V2 ages ago on a pc that died (but discovered this thread wanting to transfer my V4 Editor+vocas between 2 entirely different unrelated computers). I had kinda given up hope a long time ago esp. with their old age but is there actually a way I can get them back, assuming I can find the codes again...??

Had V3 Avanna on that dead pc too so I'll take your advice for all the V3/V4 stuff, thanks!
ill pm you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)