• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

[SOLVED]lost old PC with vocaloids activated, any way to get authorization back?

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
so ive been sitting through four months of pc problems. i was in the middle of fixing on minor things when my old pc stopped reading all my HDDs. the drives were fine, all info saved, but something with the raid card went wrong and with it being 3 years Dell sent me a new prebuilt one (new, upgraded from my old one) due to the warranty.
but now im sitting here after getting all my drives read and remember that all of my vocaloid product couldnt be deactivated due to my old pc crapping itself, as im copying over old files. so far i have only attempted to start vocaloid1 and vocaloid5, both tell me i need to activate the programs and obviously when i do with the code in my emails, it says it has already been activated on a different pc.
strangely though... i do recall having this happen years back with my vocaloid 4 (at the time i only had v4) and i dont recall having any issues when i lost all my drive contents and had to move to a new pc. i havent also tried using v4 on this pc yet so idk if itll work or not. as said i only tried v1 and v5.

regardless i really need some help on what direction to go in to fix this! i have vocaloid 1, vocaloid 2, vocaloid 3 banks in v4, vocaloid 4, and vocaloid 5. mostly afraid of not being able to recover my oldest ones.. i will try to contact support about v5 as i have all proof of purchase so maybe theyll help with that...? if theres anyway to force deactivation/activation on a new pc or wipe it or something idk i really need to know.... i cant imagine i am the only person unable to recover authorization before and losing authority of like 12 voicebanks is not ideal here...

to clarify i had to install windows (7) on a new blank hdd and i am pulling content over from my old main hdd.

VyNancyV6

a normal pigeon
Jun 12, 2020
Earth
I've been asking some friends, one of them say:
"You could contact the distributor, explain your situaction and send your serial code as a proof, and then they could help you"

I'm still looking for users who can help, I hope you can save your babies

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
I've been asking some friends, one of them say:
"You could contact the distributor, explain your situaction and send your serial code as a proof, and then they could help you"

I'm still looking for users who can help, I hope you can save your babies
i really hope i will be able to save them... at least a majority of my V4 and V5 since thats what most of them are :( im gonna try and find a way to contact vocaloid/yamaha first. the activated codes are tied to their servers so i know that the companies that distributed them wont have any control over that but, if yamaha fails to act there could be a chance of the distribution company giving me a new serial code if i have all the proof....

VyNancyV6

a normal pigeon
Jun 12, 2020
Earth
I got another aswer for a VocaloidWiki Discord, User @Animefreak1540:
"This is everything I pulled up from the official site, M1023, I sadly think you're going to have to contact support for every product the user has. Each product does have different support so like Crypton character go to crypton(which might be recoverable without contacting them but I'm not too sure).

Activation and Deactivation - VOCALOID Product Registration 2. Practical Steps for each Scene
Activation and Deactivation - VOCALOID Product Registration 2. Practical Steps for each Scene
Deactivation (Restoring Authentication Information) of VOCALOID Products
Offline Deactivation of VOCALOID Products

To contact Yamaha about the editor and their voicebanks, you can go here, read through everything and submit an inquiry. Inquiry Policy – about Yamaha's VOCALOID Products (for personal computers) "

I hope this works, im waitting for more replies

Reactions: Kaleidiope

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
I have a lost copy of Miriam been thinking about contacting zero g. Is it just the standard help email or is there a better email.

VyNancyV6

a normal pigeon
Jun 12, 2020
Earth
All i posted, the user said, is just for V3 to V5
For V1 and V2 you have to contact each company and ask separately

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
I got another aswer for a VocaloidWiki Discord, User @Animefreak1540:
"This is everything I pulled up from the official site, M1023, I sadly think you're going to have to contact support for every product the user has. Each product does have different support so like Crypton character go to crypton(which might be recoverable without contacting them but I'm not too sure).

Deactivation (Restoring Authentication Information) of VOCALOID Products
Offline Deactivation of VOCALOID Products

To contact Yamaha about the editor and their voicebanks, you can go here, read through everything and submit an inquiry. Inquiry Policy – about Yamaha's VOCALOID Products (for personal computers) "

I hope this works, im waitting for more replies
thank you for the links, not surprised ill have to email a lot but hopefully ill get through with a good solution. will report back if i make progress on emails :agree:

Stigbn

Aspiring Fan
Jul 21, 2018
Denmark
When my old computer's RAM broke down (slowly) last year, I could probably have deactivated my vocaloids. But I had forgotten all about that because most software (VST's) these days can be moved from one computer to another online.
But so far I haven't had any problems activating both some V3 voices, some V4 voices, piapro and the V5 editor with my old codes on my new computer. Do you get 3 attempts? I could probably start the old computer up even though the RAM is rather bad, just to deactivate the voices - would that give me extra installs in the future?

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
@Stigbn: As I recall, Piapro doesn't require authorization, but Vocaloid only gives you a few grace installations for HD crash-type emergencies (Like maybe you can install a VB 2 or 3 times total at once.). You're really only supposed to have a VB installed on one computer at a time, so, if you can, you should probably deauthorize any old computers you're not going to use anymore, just so you have the safety buffer available later if you need it/to prevent any unfortunate surprises.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
i just wanted to update and say that for one, the above link from m1023 didnt really apply to the situation at hand, mostly the deactivation article which basically only provide info on how to deactivate if you still have your old pc...and in regards to losing such a pc it just kinda says "oops! cant do anything!" which is quite frustrating to see no offcial addressing of this issue... Anyways reading their support terms and what they will not answer they dont really specify that they wont allow inquiries of this kind, so i will email them. but under "supported products" they dont list every vocaloid so idk if they will even try to help with those even tho we all know its connected to them and their servers.

will be sitting down to write all my emails today- to yamaha and the individual companies. and i will definitely not be soft about this bc this is a big issue im not willing to lose on...15 vocaloids is way too much to lose out of nowhere.

VyNancyV6

a normal pigeon
Jun 12, 2020
Earth
Sorry if I was not very useful ;<;
I'm still waiting for answers from anybody who knows more about the subject...

FIGHT FOR YOUR BABIES!!!

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
no worries about your response, i greatly appreciate any help because i was afraid most people would be like "oh well! you lost them!" lol. i have also finish my emails for a majority but im hoping i can find someone who can translate emails into japanese and into english so i can more reliably contact the three japanese companies... Gynoid, AHS and Crypton all seem like companies i may have a huge language barrier with if Yamaha english support doesnt want to help me with those companies' products. also i have yet to get a confirmation email from yamaha so im not even sure if they received my support form...

whenever i get responses from any of them, i will update with any signifigant news

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
@morrysillusion: I wonder...if you still have the old drives, and they're ok (aside from the RAID thing)...probably your VBs are authorized on one of the old drives, and that's how the software recognizes your new PC as different, right? (The alternative would be if you chose to register them to your old PC's NIC card, but that's not the default option.) If you have an open bay on your PC, I wonder if you could safely connect the appropriate old drive there. If you could, I assume the software would recognize your Vocaloids as being registered on your new PC. At that point, you could deauthorize them, remove the old drive, and reauthorize on one of your new HDs.

Just thinking out loud; I've never actually done that, but I think it might work, unless I'm missing some obvious implication of putting in an old HD. Obviously, you couldn't let your PC boot the OS from the old HD or anything.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
@morrysillusion: I wonder...if you still have the old drives, and they're ok (aside from the RAID thing)...probably your VBs are authorized on one of the old drives, and that's how the software recognizes your new PC as different, right? (The alternative would be if you chose to register them to your old PC's NIC card, but that's not the default option.) If you have an open bay on your PC, I wonder if you could safely connect the appropriate old drive there. If you could, I assume the software would recognize your Vocaloids as being registered on your new PC. At that point, you could deauthorize them, remove the old drive, and reauthorize on one of your new HDs.

Just thinking out loud; I've never actually done that, but I think it might work, unless I'm missing some obvious implication of putting in an old HD. Obviously, you couldn't let your PC boot the OS from the old HD or anything.
i was thinking a lot about this, because yeah i was thinking that maybe somewhere on my original drive there must be some kind of authorization file or something, like you can generate a de-authorization file offline on the original pc. so how does it do that? maybe theres a loop hole?

at the moment my old HDD is in my new pc's chassis, and i am able to read it on my new PC just fine and go through all my files. sadly when i do anything to launch vocaloid on my old drive, i get the error about nothing being activated and cant be authorized so, i assume its looking for some recognizable "computer ID". while i did copy everything over (literally every existing folder even nonsense in the appdata folders) i think that may be why i cant just launch it but its hard to say as i dont know all the inner workings of vocaloid... at this point i sadly cannot mess with any parts on my old PC as it had to be returned completely as per Dell's warranty policy after receiving this new one but i have a feeling there couldve been hope with that old NIC card because i was reading about NIC cards and activation on Zero-g's website as they need to imply that if you were to remove or disconnect the NIC, you wouldnt be able to use vocaloid. its an interesting thing to consider, i wish i couldve tested it out!

Reactions: mobius017

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
I'm sorry I can't provide much help with the actual issue, but if it comes to contacting individual companies, with AHS at least, they respond just fine to inquiries in English and you won't need to struggle with a language barrier (and they tend to respond fairly quickly).

Crypton can go either way; I've never contacted them myself but I've heard people say they don't respond to English inquiries at all or at least take much longer to respond to them than Japanese ones, but I've also seen people have no problem with them. If possible though, I think contacting them in Japanese is safer. As for Gynoid, I have nothing to go off of regarding their support orz,,

I do hope you're able to recover everything though!!

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
I'm sorry I can't provide much help with the actual issue, but if it comes to contacting individual companies, with AHS at least, they respond just fine to inquiries in English and you won't need to struggle with a language barrier (and they tend to respond fairly quickly).

Crypton can go either way; I've never contacted them myself but I've heard people say they don't respond to English inquiries at all or at least take much longer to respond to them than Japanese ones, but I've also seen people have no problem with them. If possible though, I think contacting them in Japanese is safer. As for Gynoid, I have nothing to go off of regarding their support orz,,

I do hope you're able to recover everything though!!
thank you for letting me know about AHS! thats good to hear. i only have one vocaloid from them, Kaai Yuki v2, and wasnt sure if theyd respond to english at all. and im surprised about Crypton, considering theyre literally the most popular japanese vocaloid company...youd think theyd have more english support employees to deal with over seas stuff! really hoping i can get to gynoid though because v flower is my most used vocaloid.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
little update: Crypton (or actually, Sonic Wire) responded in english which i was pleased and surprised to see and they said that i should be able to activate Miku V4 English again (three times) and i was pretty sure it didnt work as there was anotehr loid i had that should be activated again, but didnt activate. they said that i can request an activation reset request if i cannot activate her.

Zero-G responded and said that i should wait for Yamaha to reply as that was something they could reset and if i needed to have the installers provided to me again they could do that. luckily i keep every installation zip ever and i still have those. though for some reason the only loid they see me owning is Dex and i cannot access my account uner my email so that and whole other issue...

still waiting on yamaha, AHS, PowerFX and i havent email Gynoid because id like to find someone who knows japanese to help me but i may have to try english anyways..

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Nice! Did Crypton give you any details about how to request an activation reset request? Is there somewhere you can go on Sonicwire to do that, or do you just reply to the email maybe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)