• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Peaches' Corridor of Covers

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
That was originally the plan, but I liked how Renri's voice sounded with it better. Haiyi's voice seemed a little too clear. I'm still using her for The Past is Like a Dream though!

___

Oct 8, 2019
Cool! Looking forward to it! I agree Renri was a good choice and making her sing in chinese was probably a fun challenge!

side note, dunno whether you knew or not but Haiyi was supposed to be a private vb initially, dodged a bullet there huh?

Reactions: peaches2217

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Yeah, it was a lot of fun! Not planning on doing it again any time soon though, heh. (Also, I know! She was still private by the time her sisters were all announced for release, but they had a change of heart and re-recorded her for SynthV. I'm so happy!!)

• Love
Reactions: ___

Cerāgi <º•

Passionate Fan
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
I just noticed it but :lapis_lili:, I really like how Renri’s voice is gentle and fits the general tone of the song so well!(also, she sounds quite expressive too! :3) Is it difficult to make Japanese voicebanks sing in Chinese? Just asking out of curiosity ahah

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Thank you!! And yes, it is. I like messing around and making Vocaloids sing in languages they weren't programmed for, and making a Japanese voicebank sing in Chinese is by far the most difficult one I've tried yet. That said, it's easier to achieve in SynthV as opposed to Vocaloid because you can actually enter several syllables into one note without having to edit the phonemes (the smoothness of the results vary, but it still makes the whole thing easier).

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Ahhh this was so cute!! I saw it on Mastodon, but I wanna comment here too. You made her sound so nice! I also look forward to your uses of Haiyi, since I know you were so excited to get her. The more I read about your experiences with Synth V the more I want to get into trying to learn it! Although I think if I ever ended up buying one, it'd be our queen Cang Qiong... :cangqiong_lili: 💖

• Love

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma

Here it is: my very first Haiyi cover! It sounds a little rough because Haiyi is trickier to work with than I anticipated, but overall I don't think it's half bad!

(Also, I changed the name of the thread from its original self-deprecating title to Peaches' Corridor of Covers. "Corridor of Covers" is a segment on my favorite radio station, and I figured it was about time I start giving myself a little more credit, mediocre though I may still be.)

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Thank you! I hope she doesn't sound too shrill or congested... in the future I'll have to make sure she stays in a lower range. :yohioloid_lili:

___

Oct 8, 2019
Nope I do think she can work in high range! and you've just shown that she can, I like it :yanhe_lili:

unlike Ruby, god I love her but so many people insist on using her in high range when that's the range she easily sounds the worst in fgyuhi, sorry for the little rant

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Thank y'all!! I will be trying to avoid using her way-upper registers in the future, but messing around with her sub-libraries to get the desired results was tons of fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)