• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Synthesizer V Discussion Thread

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Hopefully the releases on Synthesizer V Studio will get some English companies interested, if they're not already active behind the scenes. I'm glad they announced a proper Eleanor update too since that's one of the things I've always wanted, she really has potential to be one of the best English synth vocals outright.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I feel awful about triple posting but it's newsworthy; according to Ddickky in his stream on Bilibili yesterday, in addition to the male voice database they showed a demo of, they're also working on a second one. This means we're getting two male voice databases and a female voice database. Regarding the male voice database we got a demo of, Quadimension received the initial design yesterday and are working hard to release him in July. If someone here who speaks Chinese could verify this info as well it would be very appreciated. Courtesy goes to @miixc_studio on Twitter for informing me about this.

EDIT: Just got confirmation that the male vocal's voice provider is 猫大可.
EDIT2: The character will be designed by Maple, who designed the Medium⁵ mini figures.

Last edited:

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
WHEW I'm finally caught up on all this SynthV news! While I am excited for Synth V Studio's release and some of those new features that were discussed in the presentation, I'm still super disappointed that no new English vocals were announced. I mean I get that SynthV is more marketing towards Asian countries this time around but I was really hoping for at least one new English voicebank :(

On another note at least we know our girl Ellie is getting an update, soonTM-ish :eleanorforte_lili: I'm excited for her new pitches!!! Please make her able to sing low notes quickly plsplsplsjfjwjdh

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
For any Genbu fans out there, we have a new sample! Amanokei previously uploaded this temporarily yesterday as an acapella but it seems more permanent this time. Please note this is in the 1st generation Synthesizer V, not Synthesizer V Studio, and therefore not representative of the final product.

Pup-p

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
EDIT: Just got confirmation that the male vocal's voice provider is 猫大可.
Glad we now know his voice provider
Looking through his BilliBilli he has covered japanese songs (i.e https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1zJ411x7YG , https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV11T4y1g7XR), english covers (https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1xt411u7D5 , https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1cs411z7oD ) and even utau covers which is cool (https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1o4411U7PA)
I like his voice, cant wait to see the design and his full vb

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Said UTAU, Nekoki Minata, is voiced by him so if you want to get it I'd recommend downloading ASAP in case it's taken down. It could still be the case that he doesn't actually voice the male voice, but they sound pretty similar.

Reactions: peaches2217

___

Oct 8, 2019
Said UTAU, Nekoki Minata, is voiced by him so if you want to get it I'd recommend downloading ASAP in case it's taken down. It could still be the case that he doesn't actually voice the male voice, but they sound pretty similar.
Ty for heads up! I'm still surprised Boomco, Nemuka Yume and Nemuka Me are still up ngl.

edit: this is him I believe? So hes easier to find heres link to his dl.

Last edited:
Reactions: peaches2217 and xuu

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
It would be a bit burdensome to type it all out here, so I made a Twitter thread with all the features of Synthesizer V Studio that were mentioned by AHS on their features page.

It's... extremely impressive. Actually I'm kind of blown away. The parameter editing alone is next-level and the range of options you have for tuning outright would make it the best synth for it. You can tune like VOCALOID, like UTAU, like CeVIO, or even combine them all. It's great! That's not to mention that every phoneme has three pronunciation options, so you can get so much out of the voices. Add to that how it seems the GUI is essentially completely modular... I can't wait to get my hands on this thing.

RE: Minata, he actually has a newer voicebank available here.

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
Control points??? CONTROL POINTS??? Someone else finally has the one thing I like best from UTAU (besides moresampler, funnily enough)?? I'm dreaming right?

friendship ended with CeVIO SynthV is my new best friend sorry I still love you cevio

Last edited:
Reactions: xuu

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
The range of options for pitch editing is crazy. In the parameter panel you can hand draw pitch and use the line tool like before, but now you can also use control points like UTAU. Even better, you can still hand draw directly onto the notes, plus do control points exactly how UTAU does them. I hope this will get UTAU users to try Synthesizer V. It's really beginning to feel like a combination of the best parts of every synth.

Reactions: Twillby

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Is there a smooth tool
In what way? For parameters, there is.

What does point number 3 mean!? I'm having bit dificulty understand it
Okay, so how AHS' giveaway works is this:

1) Follow AHS' Twitter account.
2) Retweet the tweet.
3) Send a DM to the account with the following information:
- Your handle/nickname (e.g. "xuu")
- Your email address
- Your YouTube/NicoNico/etc. accounts
- A message of enthusiasm about Synthesizer V Studio for dissemination

Ten winners will receive Synthesizer V Studio Pro, Kotonoha Akane/Aoi and Saki.

It should be noted that if you win and don't live in Japan, you will be sent download versions instead. Winners' announcement is scheduled for July 14th, and shipping will start on July 22nd. They have one request for if you win - Use the Synthesizer V products you won in a song lasting more than 30s and post to YouTube/NicoNico/etc. Covers are okay too. When you do, post on Twitter with the links and use #SynthesizerV.

In other news, I got an email back from Animen in reply to one I sent last night. I asked if they can share more information about their plans for Synthesizer V Studio, as well as if they will have a special upgrade price for Synthesizer V Editor license owners and if they will port AiKO. Their response is as follows:

We will provide a very favorable upgrade plan for members who have purchased our service products, and will release information in July.
So it seems that they will be having a special upgrade price, thank god. Let's look forward to Animen's Synthesizer V products!

Maxi

Passionate Fan
Apr 11, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Okay, so how AHS' giveaway works is this:

1) Follow AHS' Twitter account.
2) Retweet the tweet.
3) Send a DM to the account with the following information:
- Your handle/nickname (e.g. "xuu")
- Your email address
- Your YouTube/NicoNico/etc. accounts
- A message of enthusiasm about Synthesizer V Studio for dissemination

Ten winners will receive Synthesizer V Studio Pro, Kotonoha Akane/Aoi and Saki.

It should be noted that if you win and don't live in Japan, you will be sent download versions instead. Winners' announcement is scheduled for July 14th, and shipping will start on July 22nd. They have one request for if you win - Use the Synthesizer V products you won in a song lasting more than 30s and post to YouTube/NicoNico/etc. Covers are okay too. When you do, post on Twitter with the links and use #SynthesizerV.

In other news, I got an email back from Animen in reply to one I sent last night. I asked if they can share more information about their plans for Synthesizer V Studio, as well as if they will have a special upgrade price for Synthesizer V Editor license owners and if they will port AiKO. Their response is as follows:

So it seems that they will be having a special upgrade price, thank god. Let's look forward to Animen's Synthesizer V products!
THANK YOU !!!

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Feel a little guilty with the self-promo, but since nobody really uses her for covers and Dreamtonics haven't given us a proper demo of her full voice database, I've used Saki lite in Web Synthesizer V for a short cover to remind people who she sounds like and introduce her to others that don't know her yet.

I personally love mature-sounding voices like hers. I chose this song because she reminds me of Mew, but her voice is much fuller. I hope that I can finish this with her full voice database.

Silver1063

Aspiring Fan
Apr 19, 2019

We will provide a very favorable upgrade plan for members who have purchased our service products, and will release information in July. "
Oh I never considered... emailing them. I was starting to feel like maybe Animen dipped from the vocal synth business, and was gonna let dreamtonics do all their work.

Last edited:

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Omg why didn't I think about emailing them. Ur doing the lords work. I was starting to feel like maybe Animen dipped from the vocal synth business, and was gonna let dreamtonics do all their work.
I've corresponded with them a couple of times so I thought it couldn't hurt. They restructured in early 2019 and their social channels have been pretty dead since then but it seems they're still functional as a company. I think Dreamtonics will be the ones developing Eleanor's update and they don't seem very interested in making any new voices right now, perhaps understandably with their current state as a company, but we should at least get Genbu's full voice and AiKO's port from them.

Reactions: kozet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)