• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Synthesizer V Discussion Thread

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
As far as I'm aware from the contact I've had with Animen I believe they will be new characters. AiKO's VP only speaks Chinese from what I've seen, though maybe she speaks some English...?
After Tianyi got a Japanese bank voiced by another provider, I feel like it might not matter if the original voice provider is bilingual or not. Thanks for the further information about Aiko and Animen, I'm excited to see what Synth V has for us in the future. : D

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I couldn't decide if this was UTAU related or Synth V related, but I decided to go with the Synth V thread, because Yuzuri's pinned tweet is about Yamine Renri being on Synth V, UTAU's super old, and I kind of just am hoping for more Synth V voices. ^^;

It looks like Yuzuri has for real begun recording a Chinese voice.

Talking about recording at F4 pitch being painful.

She linked to the pinyin chart she's using to make sure she doesn't mess up.

Maybe this is a lesson in strengthening pronunciation

When I record after a long time my throat is dead

She's using an automatic splitting software to split the audio. I don't know that much about UTAU, but don't they usually edit the sounds in UTAU's "envelope"?
(Like this:
^ Got this from UTAU wiki)
So I was thinking that maybe this is for Synth V after all.

Yuzuri gave up for the night after being frustrated. She said that recording Japanese is hard enough, but has no clue what she's doing for Chinese and that she keeps making mistakes with recording.

If this is for Synth V, I guess it seems weird/difficult to have to record and edit the sounds alone and not with help. Maybe it really is just for UTAU? Or maybe it will be for both? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
If she's recording at home I assume it's for UTAU. She's primarily an UTAU voice provider (refers to Renri as an UTAU instead of SynthV VB in her profile), it's just that Renri's UTAU voicebank was ported. Depending on how it goes maybe they'll want her to record a proper Chinese VB...? I think the way she's recording is just different to what UTAU creators usually do, which would be to record through OREMO. She's recording straight into a DAW line-by-line and then seemingly running the software to split the samples so that they can be individually configured. I mean, it could be for SynthV, but looks to me like it's mainly for UTAU judging by where she's recording.

mahalisyarifuddin

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
Palembang, Indonesia
I think the way she's recording is just different to what UTAU creators usually do, which would be to record through OREMO. She's recording straight into a DAW line-by-line and then seemingly running the software to split the samples so that they can be individually configured.
As an VB author, but without proper mic, I recorded all the strings with my phone and then splice them into the DAW, so, yeah.

Reactions: xuu

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK

It seems we may be getting an update on GENBU sometime very soon. Do note that Amanokei isn't a SynthV dev but he does work on Genbu (I'm assuming he's part of the dev team but not someone actually working on the voicebank).

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Wowww!

I knew Genbu wasn't completed, so I was hoping they'd add more ranges after seeing what they did with Chiyu-- but having upper, lower, and falsetto ranges is more than I expected!

Also, the song was tuned by @WinterdrivE?! Awesome job!

And I wonder if based on the video if Genbu is getting a Live2D model (not sure what to call it)?

I need to sit down after this rush of good news. :ring_ani_lili:

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Ah, this is cool. I guess it's a DB programmed entirely through deep learning analysis of the recordings? Neat. Looking forward to seeing where Kanru goes with this, though I'm sure it has a while to go yet.

Ulysses

from VOICeVIO
May 4, 2018
Seems like a typical "I am the greatest. Everyone else is trash." announcement. I'll just wait and listen.
But just listening to this demo I didn't get the "most advanced" point.

Reactions: kozet and WyndReed

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Maybe this is why we haven't heard anything new lately with the Genbu update they teased?

I didn't think the demo sounded like the most advanced thing ever, but maybe it's untuned? I know he was working on the whisper stuff and messing around with deep learning, so maybe those features will be included in the update? It sounds like the update might be coming soon?

Reactions: mahalisyarifuddin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)