• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Text-to-Speech counterpart to Synthesizer V from Dreamtonics

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
I think some of us knew this was gonna come soon. I was actually wondering the other week if Dreamtonics would ever dip their toes into the talk synth side!

Reactions: ---

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
I wouldn't call Cevio dead yet, the market just got larger. Unlike before when VocaloidTM was the largest and most known singing software, with a near monopoly on the market, even when Cevio existed. The Dreamtonic talk function is not released yet, I'm guessing they will start with chinese first.

Isn't A.IVOICE in the process of trying to make a singing function too? And Coefront is also starting to dip into singing-sort of, but it's only for a rapping function. Which can be already considered as singing.

Last edited:

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
Hell yes! I can't believe it, those samples are amazing. Looking forward to seeing more.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
I'm guessing they will start with chinese first.
There's already a sample posted in this thread, it's Japanese. I wouldn't be too surprised if AHS was the one that made a push for it considering their talk synth focus.

But yes, I believe A.I.VOICE wanted to dip into singing synthesis as well - the original estimate for that was December 2021. Could be delayed since they first projected that a year ago and lots of things can happen, but as of now that's still the window.

I don't think Coefont's singing plans were revealed yet? I went through their twitter and they haven't mentioned anything about it since the initial teaser with Allial, not sure if I missed them announcing it elsewhere.

I think it's really cool lots of synths want to provide both singing and speaking capabilities - these companies have already proven themselves very capable in the departments they've been working on, which makes it more exciting that they're now focusing on the "sister feature," so to speak. I don't think CeVIO ever spread itself too thin with tackling singing and speaking from the beginning, but since I was never a fan of its sound, I'm very much happy for more alternatives.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Will any existing Voiceroids make the jump to this upcoming TTS?
Gonna go through everyone in order of likelihood, since I've been wondering this myself.

Tsuina-chan's hinted/more or less confirmed that she will, I can see Seika doing the same considering her upcoming Synth V singing banks, but she's made no mention of it.

Maki and Rikka just came out this year on CeVIO AI, so probably not anytime soon. (While I'm at it, Karin and Chifuyu are already confirmed to be on CeVIO AI unless TOKYO6 changes their mind with this development, wouldn't be the first time though it'd be a little odd to not be on the same engine as Rikka's talk)

Yukari and Akari are coming out on A.I.VOICE this year so prooobably not? Maybe next year if VOCALOMAKETS wants, though they don't seem to care about Synth V at the moment.

The Tohokus... they want to be on every synth ever so maybe, though it'll be the most unexciting announcement ever to the Western community if they do

Kotonohas and Yuzuru most certainly not since their company owns A.I.VOICE.

Ai, Shouta, Yoshida-kun probably will never be updated again.

Genuinely don't know where Kou and Sora lie as the only solely AHS-owned products that can still be updated. They aren't exactly the most popular Voiceroids around, but Sora's VP is popular so I can see AHS updating her for that reason alone. Kou.... probably not but I can dream

I think what's most likely though is that AHS will start off with new characters like Ririse and Shuo before updating anyone else (not counting other companies that distribute through them).

CatHermit

Aspiring Fan
Aug 12, 2021
Are the Gynoid Talk characters and Otomatchi Una more likely to move to the SynthV talk editor or A.I.VOICE?

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Are the Gynoid Talk characters and Otomatchi Una more likely to move to the SynthV talk editor or A.I.VOICE?
We don't even know if Gynoid is like... a functioning company right now. They've been mostly radio silent aside from like two tweets this year that have their own controversies.

Internet also has been radio silent (on the development front only unlike Gynoid that's been silent on all fronts) aside from Una's Voiceroid release (which is a port so not much effort was involved on their part). Nothing to say either way what/if they'll do anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)