• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

CeVIO Tohoku Kiritan CeVIO AI Announced

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
Was messing around with the samples of neutrino and cevio kiritan. I eq match them and noticed neutrino is harsher than cevio and I noticed cevio has a more noise in general giving her a softer whispery quality

Ugh her UTAU voice is precious.
Also.. I notice that in Cevio, she sounds a little bit more distinct? She sounds a tiny bit closer to her UTAU voice than in Neutrino for sure. In Neutrino, she sounds a lot like Itako Neutrino. I wonder if its because they both might be referencing the same AI dataset for both voicebanks? They sing in pretty identical styles at least, and Ai Yoko Neutrino doesn't sound like either of them at all.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Oh actually kiritan and itako actually sing different. Itako actually tend to stay on pitch more I think it comes from the neutrino developer working with them on the data set. I think why they sound similar is because they sang the singing data in a similar way. They could also be recording on the same Mic that could add to similar tone

Reactions: mahalisyarifuddin

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
Oh actually kiritan and itako actually sing different. Itako actually tend to stay on pitch more I think it comes from the neutrino developer working with them on the data set. I think why they sound similar is because they sang the singing data in a similar way. They could also be recording on the same Mic that could add to similar tone
Hmm thats really interesting, I attempted using Neutrino, and I found the base application to run okay, but the open UI was having issues with the current version of Neutrino apparently. I never got to directly compare them, but with the usages / duets I've heard, it is very difficult to tell their voices apart for me. The microphone theory sounds interesting. Its way crazy how similar they sound, usually when most people say Vocaloids sound like each other, I can get where they are coming from, but there are still blatant differences that you can listen out for in either quality or pronunciation. With me, you could probably switch their Neutrino voices back and forth and I would have no idea who is singing lol.

Reactions: mahalisyarifuddin

ruffe

fka. luwo
Oct 24, 2020
🌎
One of few discernible difference between the two is how they end their notes! Itako will often end them in quite a breathy, almost Yukari-like way—whereas Kiritan doesn’t. Itako is also more likely to do small glottal stops between vowels instead of connecting. Their timbres are similar, but after spending time using both of them, I think they're both pretty different in other ways.

Regarding CeVIO AI Kiritan: I think I prefer it to her Neutrino bank, even with the usual CeVIO fuzz. Neutrino has an extremely apparent metallic sound in its raw state, which often annoys me when it comes to mixing. I'd be very excited to see what Zunko would sound like if she ever gets to join them on CeVIO!

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
One of few discernible difference between the two is how they end their notes! Itako will often end them in quite a breathy, almost Yukari-like way—whereas Kiritan doesn’t. Itako is also more likely to do small glottal stops between vowels instead of connecting. Their timbres are similar, but after spending time using both of them, I think they're both pretty different in other ways.
This makes sense. After using a voicebank, you definitely gain a perspective that non users can't see / hear. Subtle things like how Iroha V4 has thinner, throatier, and smoother vowel transitions than huskier and robotic Iroha V2.

Edit: Kiritan Cevio is really starting to grow on me. Idk honestly maybe I shouldn't be forming solid opinions on these new Cevio voices that have only like 2 or 3 new demo usages lol. I've been really hot and cold with each new Cevio release. Yukarei is starting to fall out of favor for me, maybe Kiritan will be my first go at CevioAI? I'm really just anxiously waiting to see what they are going to do about c flower and Tsurumaki Maki English, those so far are the definite purchases for me.

Last edited:

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
Lol I dove into preordering Kiritan AI Starter Pack, So I can expect to see her soon, but I was looking at her wiki page and

Screenshot 2021-02-05 071017.png

RIP to Kiritan having an aloof voice and demeanor. I'm still getting her because I still think she sounds great in Cevio, but I wish she had the same softer voice that her UTAU vb tried doing. If her original character is still "Kuudere" like it was originally intended, her AI voice really doesn't fit it anymore, so I'm mentally retconning the image I've had of her for something else lol.

Kind of unfortunate that Kiritan has naturally obtained a creepy fanbase, I think the age thing with voice synths is kind of dumb though. Her voicer's age is in her mid 20s, and her voice sounds much older than anything actually child like. I really question why they gave her a canon age, and why they decided on making her /11/.. I plan to make her sound slightly older too because the +gen demonstrations sounded really nice. I hope people use her more because she sounds good and less for anything weird..

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
They... they sold out of download versions of the starter pack? That can happen???

I guess she's doing really well, I'm just surprised to see it. It says they'll have more by the end of the day, at least.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Oh, I know, I just mean I'm surprised it happened to a product that released less than a week ago dskjfsdkf

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
That's Kiritan fans for you :clara_ani_lili: theyd buy the heck out of Kiritan toilet paper if that were a thing :ring_ani_lili:
Pfft, honestly, who'd be that deep into a character? Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go petition Quadimension to make Haiyi toilet paper, because I suddenly need that in my life.

Given she's, ultimately, Paid Neutrino, I'm genuinely surprised to see Kiritan doing so well. But y'know? I'm happy for her. Should Itako get a CeVIO bank in the future, I'd honestly love to see her take a tone more in-line with her Voiceroid rather than her Neutrino. Now that I'd buy.

• Haha
Reactions: ___

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I’m honestly interested in seeing how her quality improves! As she is now, she’s no different than her Neutrino VB, making her about $100 too much. I’d love to see her receive improvements that justify her current price. (And hey, no matter what, she’s still selling, so she’s definitely a success. :clara_ani_lili: )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)