• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Underappreciated or Obscure Songs that You Like?

Sep 21, 2019
Is there ever that one (or several, in my case XD) song that you really like but you feel like it needs more love? I know that feel. So, I'm gonna share some songs that I think need more love! Feel free to share some, too! It doesn't matter how many views it does or doesn't have, either.
From what I understand, this song was pretty popular when it first came out around Tei's inital release (and does have quite a lot of views. Over 100k is definitely something to brag about), but I feel it's kinda faded from popularity and isn't that well known anymore (just like Tei ;-;). (At least in the Western fandom anyways. I'm not active enough in the other parts of the fandom outside of uploading to NND.) It's an adorable original song, which I think is directly related to Tei's characterization of having a crush on Len, but it could just be that the producer wanted write a love song. Either way, the lyrics are adorable as heck.

This song is pretty funny! It's a sequel song to Rin-chan Now and is a goofy song in which Rin becomes a magical girl. Not necessarily something you'd blast in your stereo at full volume, but it's still enjoyable if you're fond of comedic Vocaloid songs!

This is a very nice, chill kind of song. I can't find the English translation, but from what I remember, the song has a very positive message about being yourself. It's not as popular as Lamaze's other works, but it's still a high quality composition that needs more love!

Okay, so I didn't end up naming as many songs as I thought I was going to. orz But I hope you enjoy them anyways!

Reactions: Twillby

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I have a lot more but they aren't jumping to mind right now/have been deleted from my playlists and I can't find them at the moment.
But here's a few I fancy

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I'm a massive Masa fangirl, but this song is a complete 180 from his normal songs. As such, it doesn't have much notoriety, but it's beautiful.

I don't know if it counts, being a demo song, but I still adore it.

Those harmonies. They're GODLY.

If you scroll through the comments, you'll find mine, where I admit that I was drunk when I first heard this and bawled my eyes out. Vodka and well-tuned OliLen, two of my biggest weaknesses.

A very laid-back song with a cute and funny video.

It's pretty, it's cute, it's criminally undiscovered. And that tuning! You'd think this was made with their V4s!

Last edited:

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
Ahhh it's been so long since I've heard 13km, I still love it... Glad Magicarin didn't disappoint my expectation of a Madoka ref however short rofl... I got a weird deja vu from Common Sense, I must have come across it a long time ago and forgot.. LILY SONGS!... my husbando Songman always needs more love *tear*

I'd like to toss EXIST by kalic (feat. V3 Lily) in the ring. (I think this is like the third time I've promoted this song on this forum but OH WELL) One of the tags on the upload is literally "needs to be appreciated more" and I just. Yes. At the risk of overselling it, I like it more than most niki songs. I'm sad that they seemed to give up working with Lily to get more views with Miku but hey everyone has different views/goals who am I to say. any rate it seemed to work

Also Miracle Worker by IrisFlower (feat Luka V4X ENG)??? It's such a nice song with a positive message worth all the love. I've been working on a Ruby cover since uh... forever ago rip

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

___

Oct 8, 2019
I think Caged Baby Dragon is underappreciated. It has such chilling melancholic atmosphere. I would link to the original but all the links seem to be dead :(

Also idk how to put it into a spoiler sorry!

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I have all sorts of more obscure Vocaloid songs on both my YouTube playlist and on my computer, so a list would take me all day to complete. But this Miriam song suddenly sprung to mind when I saw this thread. (Engloid songs tend to get lost on YT and Niconico as it is though.)

Reactions: Aia and ___

___

Oct 8, 2019
With the mention of Miriam I was reminded of this one producer who uses her and of this song they made with Momo and Defoko ( I think the engrish kinda fits the song?? They sound kinda cute!). I would say it's pretty underrated.

Caprice

New Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Generally a lot of this producer's stuff, but especially this one.

Reactions: nalondollie

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I've come back with more songs to share, all under 100,000 views as of now, but I love them all a lot

nalondollie

the-ghost-of-a-cyber-princess
I wanted to share some too! These are from my most recent yt playlist

mochagatari

Expert Mikunologist & Akaripiko Pioneer
Feb 22, 2020
mikunology.tumblr.com
I have a few!

Vegetaljuce

Gumi English Geek
My all-time favorite vocaloid song is actually one that has never surpassed 6,000 views on any platform. Unfortunately the producer has deleted all his accounts now, but there's still a reprint of the song on youtube.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
This is one of the few uses of both IA and Yukari that I really like. It's such a beautiful song, though given who it's by, that's a given!

(I also love this one, though I'm not sure if it's "obscure", as it's nearing half a million views on YouTube.)

Maribelle

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
This is from one of my favorite producers ANGL they don't seem to get that much attention but they use VY1 a lot so thats a win in my book :vy1_lili:

• Love
Reactions: Twillby

Katastrophe

Not An Actual Phoenix
Apr 8, 2018
I'm also currently a little obsessed with an ANGL song, but it's this recent one with Len. It goes really hard and I like it because I haven't heard a song like that in a while. It really needs more views.

I also like this electroswing Miku song by ao_wifi.

I wouldn't exactly call this next one obscure cuz it has a healthy amount of views/appreciation from the Japanese side of the fandom, but I think the English-speaking fandom should give it a bit more love because of how catchy it sounds. (I'll even throw in a subbed video for it)

Same situation for this one. Unfortunately, the only subbed video for this was taken down. :c It still sounds great though, with its classic 40mP style and Miku tuning. Please notice it, English-speaking fandom!

I don't know if I should call this obscure since it literally just dropped two days ago, but I'm promoing it anyway. It's a MikuMei duet by Dobuno Awa with a catchy beat, interesting meta theme, and terrifying-as-hell PV. (It's also CC subbed!)

Epilepsy Warning for the PV: Glitch effects, Flashing Lights

REDD

Aspiring Fan
May 19, 2020
I have a looot of songs i could put here, but the first one that comes to mind is:

DaifukuP mostly works with Engloids, but he makes really cool stuff with J-loids too!
I hear he's kinda moved on to producing non-Voca stuff lately though. (i wish he'd come back so baaad aughghh:kaito_lili:)
Tbh the stuff he's made with Leon are among my faves from him, but out of all the ones hes made with J-loids, this particular song
has been stuck in my head for the past few days now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)