• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Unpopular Opinions

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020
The more I listen to and use Saki AI the less and less convinced I am of AI in general :s, She sounds super realistic, but at the same time, hollow and unemotive, its so weird.. Everyone's usages of Saki AI are nice but they all sound the same somehow. Regular Saki is underrated, she just needs to be tuned.

Here

Here
Nov 11, 2019
- Party x Party > Bad End Night
I like bad end night but I agree with you because bad end night is pretty old and 2 years before the other song

this is probably unpopular but I think hitoshizuku/yama songs have vocaloids that sound more realistic than MitchieM‘s songs... it’s probably just me. I like MichieM‘s songs but they don't sound like they were tuned to be realistic sounding.

Reactions: WyndReed and Rolo

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
On the topic of HitoYama, a deeply unpopular opinion of my own: I personally feel they're overrated. Their songs are good, but every time I hear a new song from them all I can think is "Ah, okay.", and then I forget about it. Very few of their songs really do anything for me (though I do love Soundless Voice, Crazy Night, and PartyxParty).

Here

Here
Nov 11, 2019
I kinda think hitoshizuku and Yama are underrated... because most of the songs people talk about are those songs you listed, and they’re a couple years old. it’s ok for them not to be your fav producer but I never see people talk about their latest songs and albums( it’s probably just me). ( i feel like blessed messiah was their last inconic song and that was a while ago..)

Rolo

Watch Levius and Stan Natalia Cromwell
Sep 16, 2019
I kinda think hitoshizuku and Yama are underrated... because most of the songs people talk about are those songs you listed, and they’re a couple years old. it’s ok for them not to be your fav producer but I never see people talk about their latest songs and albums( it’s probably just me). ( i feel like blessed messiah was their last inconic song and that was a while ago..)
They don’t really make songs very often and their album songs were inaccessible to most for a long time and for some still are. But usually any song they post on YouTube is pretty popular I wouldn’t say they’re underrated at all, they’re like a super big producer team probably on par with Won_Opo I think they’re just not very active. I remember seeing the Sister’s Mercy series like everywhere when that dropped even non vocaloid fandoms and the new song was all over vocatwt the fantasy song that just dropped. Their most iconic songs like honeyworks and other producers are their older songs so that probably gets discussed the most, but Hitoyama has plenty of fans. Compared to most other producers they’re not underrated by any means.

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
So,,,its been a few months since Miku NT’s design was unveiled-

I still don’t like it. They removed all of her synthesizer-like details, and....idk
I keep trying to like her NT design, but something about removing all of androidish design traits (esp since her concept was a futuristic android) just rubs me the wrong way

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Yukari Rei is worse than Kafu, you can at least say that Kafu isn't borderline scamming people out of their money under the pretense of being AI voicebank considering Rei is little more than a Vocaloid Yukari port.
I hate to be so negative about her though I'm more than happy to trash her design ngl, but honestly... yeah. It's Yukari with CeVIO's classic engine noise. She's not anything new, she's not particularly polished or fixed up, and if she behaves similarly to previous AI banks her range won't be as flexible as her Vocaloid bank was. It's Yukari on another engine made to capitalize on the AI hype, and I just don't see the point.

Reactions: ___

___

Oct 8, 2019
she lowkey appears to exist just to scam people who aren't properly informed about AI and even if she were fixed and polished up it wouldn't....make her an AI bank :/ sampling from her vocaloid is throwing everything that makes AI an AI vb out of the window and...quite frankly....creating a misleading product.

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
$$$

hate to sound cynical, but
Well, yeah, that's the only point of it, I'm not ignorant to that. They're a business after all. The thing I hate is how they're not even being honest about what it is. Like... Gakupo V4 was little more than a port of his V3 with Growl and XSY support added, but Internet didn't try playing him up as anything but that. They didn't need to. Here, Yukari's being marketed as a New Innovative AI Take on Yukari! when she's... not. I wouldn't be nearly as critical if they were more open about her being essentially a port.

blackout

Passionate Fan
Apr 13, 2018
Isn't this about Yukari being a port just a big assumption in the first place? She's close to her Vocaloid bank sure but I don't think she's entirely the same, for starters her high notes sound bearable compared to her Jun bank lol. Knowing Chihiro Ishiguro's voice I always felt that Yukari sounded identical to her so I felt like her Cevio voice sounding very similar too isn't much of a surprise. Besides, is an AI bank using data from a Vocaloid bank even like viable enough to come up with an even slightly satisfactory product quality wise...?

Of course, not liking how she sounds in Cevio is fair enough lol

___

Oct 8, 2019
Isn't this about Yukari being a port just a big assumption in the first place? She's close to her Vocaloid bank sure but I don't think she's entirely the same, for starters her high notes sound bearable compared to her Jun bank lol. Knowing Chihiro Ishiguro's voice I always felt that Yukari sounded identical to her so I felt like her Cevio voice sounding very similar too isn't much of a surprise. Besides, is an AI bank using data from a Vocaloid bank even like viable enough to come up with an even slightly satisfactory product quality wise...?

Of course, not liking how she sounds in Cevio is fair enough lol
Yukari is extremely faithful but not a dead ringer of Chihiro Ishiguro

Vocaloid Yukari would need to enedure a lot of beating to produce these results and I'm convinced engine that had brought us Kafu type A wouldn't have trouble recreating this. So far Rei sounds like untuned Yukari, I feel like the differences between the two vbs ( tonally ) are miniscule and easily recreated in Vocaloid.

It is assumption but a safe one imo.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
I think it's more of updating Yukari so she'll be on another engine that might be more successful than vocaloid like diversifying their assets. Probably be a better investment than porting v4 to v5.
Also I think their goal is closer to yukari muse than a copy of chihiro

Last edited:

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
After buying and using Oliver for a bit, i have to say-

I think Oliver is worse quality than SONiKA. At least she’s louder and has more clarity. I can barely hear Oliver at all.

Sure, he has a cute design and voice, but what does the voice matter when its hard to tune and mix his vocals??

His quality isn’t gonna defer me from using the bank however jghbahsjf

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
After buying and using Oliver for a bit, i have to say-

I think Oliver is worse quality than SONiKA. At least she’s louder and has more clarity. I can barely hear Oliver at all.

Sure, he has a cute design and voice, but what does the voice matter when its hard to tune and mix his vocals??

His quality isn’t gonna defer me from using the bank however jghbahsjf
I am HERE for people acknowledging how poor-quality Oliver is! Like, I love him too, but that doesn’t mean I’m gonna ignore how big a pain he is to use.

That said, I feel like Oliver has an excuse for being so poorly-recorded. His VP was a child at the time of recording. Yuki had similar issues with clarity and quality, but she wasn’t so strongly affected because Japanese is a phonetically simple language. Take a child and have them record samples for what’s usually acknowledged as the most challenging language to make a vocalsynth in, and getting something like Oliver is an inevitability. Sonika’s samples were presumably provided by an adult, or at least not a child, so the fact that she came out the way she did is perplexing, even to this day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)