• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Vocal Synth Fandom Dreams

Have your vocal synth fandom interests appeared in your dreams?

• Yes

Votes: 38 84.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 15.6%

• Total voters

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I had one a few days ago where I heard Miku's voice, but I'm not sure what she was saying--something from IRL, not related to music/the fandom/etc.

Last night was another dream about merch--there was a merch giveaway in my old social studies class. Just a big table where everyone could go up and grab what they wanted. I remember getting a fan, one of those rectangular carrying bags, and...something else...? Then I went to Spanish class, where I realized there was a big test coming up that I hadn't started studying for, and my teacher said we could read/study during the class because she was too busy watching her child (whom she'd brought with her that day). Then I went somewhere else (or back to social studies?) and was late for/couldn't remember what my next class was, so I walked out of the room without my stuff to try to figure out what was going on, and the room disappeared, so all my stuff (including the merch) was gone....

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Two weeks ago on Wednesday, I had one where I went to a concert held at my old grade school. I was late, so I ended up running to it across the uneven grass, jumping over low spots and such. People were gathered to watch around the front doors, ahead out in groups of 2 or 3 across the lawn.

Then I ended up inside, where everyone has been split into little cells to watch on TVs. There was something else going on, too--Miku had been put into a little stuffed cat and was going singing from room to room via vacuum tube. There was some kind of context going on, and if you cheered for/talked to/petted the cat more than anyone else, you could take it home; the cat was electronic and kept track, and you could make a holographic window pop up to see everyone's scores. I didn't really want it, but I was sort of disappointed that I'd come in second place behind a room full of 30 Japanese folks.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I had one last night that ran through like 3 different scenarios. (Including 1. being late to a birthday dinner/stage show of Robin Hood but having a nice meal in a beautiful restaurant served by Tom Selleck, and 2. going to an eye surgeon and being alternatively told that I'd need eye surgery in a few years (maybe to remove cataracts?) or that my eyes are fine, the doctor being Matt Damon peering through one of those doctor disc light-reflecting things, which was covered in sequins or rhinestones in addition to being mirror-faced...which seemed really unnecessary.). I guess I'll only go into more detail about the third.

In the third, Miku must have been a princess or something, as she was having an argument with her aunt, the queen (who was Holland Taylor), about pursuing a music career rather than taking over the country. When she decides at last to take the reins, she floats down from somewhere (I guess she can fly?) into a pair of black and green shoes that I recognize as her usual ones. And although she tells her aunt that she's ready, those shoes don't fit her more normal-looking royal-appropriate outfit at all, and it gives you the feeling that she's always going to be herself anyway. And then some guy on a red and black motorcycle (Which is covered in multiple lightboards that scroll messages like, "I'm sorry," and "He tricked me," or something; it seems to be its own character, and I think it was really apologizing for something other than what its rider is doing, which I can't remember.) shows up and announces that he's going to drive all the girls out of the country. And from my both there and not there position as the dream's observer, I'm laughing and making fun of him, because obviously you can't have an entire country with no women in it like some kind of adolescent tree fort; I sound a bit sad, too, though, because what he's saying sounds rather lonely. Anwyay, Miku and her aunt then both fly off (I guess they both can.) to kick the biker guy out of the country.

(Let's see...I wasn't drinking, I didn't eat anything weird.... I give up, I can't explain how trippy this was....)

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I had another one last night. My folks and I were getting ready to go to a concert, which we kicked off by having a big, fancy dinner on TV trays in our basement while watching the concert preshow on a little hanging TV that was mounted to the ceiling. Joining us for the experience was the king of England and one of his aides. (Not any actual person specifically; just a nice gentleman in his 60s/70s in a red coat with gold military tassels and stuff who my dream brain simply informed me was the monarch of Britain. (Does the British king ever actually wear clothes similar to that...? Maybe for an official function, I guess?))

Unfortunately, I don't think any of us were going to be ready in time to actually get to the concert in person. Which made it more ironic that my dream had outfitted me with a new Apple watch. I was really disappointed that they weren't streaming it. (Though why I couldn't have just watched it on TV...beats me.)

I'm not sure--Miku and Rin might have shown up at the concert preshow at one point. Or that might have been my half-asleep brain wondering where they were.

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I had one last night where I had installed a Miku photo app on a public PC and then overheard the tech support guy work with the next person who sat down at it over the phone, trying to make some change to it/wondering what it was.

No, my impression was that it wasn't one of "those" photo apps.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Had a weird one last night. I have several cousins, and it started off with one of them taking video on her phone of another one while he danced around at some kind of college sleepover party--he was really close to stepping on some girl's head where she was sleeping on the floor. Next moment, we were at a long table in some kind of restaurant with trees planted on the long sides of the room in front of/behind me. There had been a concert there some time in the past, but it had been cancelled; sadly, the one for that evening had been cancelled also, on account of rain. The rain shouldn't have been an issue for a building, but the roof leaked, and there were streams of water pouring into the room. I was telling my uncle and cousin (same guy) about that, but they aren't into many of the same things I am, so they weren't too interested. We did at least have some fun eating the weird desserts/pastries we were served in a big flat box, though. They were merch from different franchises. There were two similar examples of a chocolate monkey head on a stick (maybe Donkey Kong?), and a slide-open covered watch for Legend of Zelda, and a similar watch for Miku/Vocaloid, too. But while they were functional, they were all edible and made out of cake/pastry stuff and hard sugar.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I had a dream last night (or this morning I guess) that CosMo remade Nun Girl and Idol Girl. It played out mostly the same as the OG, except instead of ending with Miku accidentally stabbing the priest, it ended with her soul being absorbed into Mikudayo while Mikudayo ate her body. We didnt get to see the last part happening; in place of the OG’s soundclip of a knife being dropped, there was a crunch.

I thought it was a little disappointing, not because of the new twist, but because the tuning wasn’t as strong as the OG.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
@peaches2217: I have to give credit to someone who dreams about tuning. People who do a lot of cover work really do think about that a lot and have a good opportunity to get some mad skills! :love:

This dream had some maybe-interesting backstory behind it. When I woke up this morning to dazed, achy semi-consciousness, I was aware (as I sometimes am) of going through sort of a re-grounding process. Stuff like asking myself what day it is, where I am, etc., to sort of re-engage with the world--maybe some of you have felt yourself doing something similar?

Anyway, in the midst of that, it occurred to me, "I think I had a Miku dream last night." And as I try to remember, I immediately become aware of being in sort of a race, between trying to remember and what feels like an automated process deleting my memories from while I was asleep. It's really rather fortunate that I was able to recover the memory of this dream from essentially nothing; if I'd let myself move on beforehand, it likely would have been gone.
I was in a...half-tent, half-building structure, in the large center section of a concert hall divided by two aisles. The seats were plush red velvet; the roof was red fabric. The seats were fairly full--50/75 people or so, maybe. It was a concert preshow, and they were playing games. In the corner at the left side of the stage, a pack of 20 or so cosplayers was bunched up, and they had them start running around the center section of seats. Concertgoers were supposed to reach out and stop them as they passed by, and they would win something related to the character in question.

Naturally, it occurred to me to stop the Miku one. The weird thing was, regardless of who they were supposed to be or what gender they were, all the cosplayers were dressed the same--white nightgown/dress/smock things. Maybe my brain didn't feel the need to illustrate them all specifically. Nevertheless, I could tell which cosplayer the Miku one was and watched her get closer.

As people often do during such situations, I started imagining winning (Though there really wouldn't have been such a thing as truly "winning" in this game; it might be more accurate to say, "being successful."). I was a few rows down from the back of the auditorium, on the right-hand aisle, and I imagined seeing her come around the corner about 5-8 feet away and gently sticking out an arm to cut off the walkway. Watching her coming toward my arm, I realized that her clothing wasn't as detailed as it could be and thought that there was no reason it couldn't be better, and I remember concentrating (rather hard; it seemed difficult to force imagining something specific while dreaming) and causing Miku's classic outfit to replace the smock thing. The resulting cosplayer had Miku's clothes and tails but looked human, with brown eyebrows and eyes; real skin; a narrower, triangular face and pointed chin; and a somewhat round-eyed and round-mouthed expression. She looked like she was Japanese. I'm almost sure she was a real person who I've seen somewhere on a magazine or TV. I remember she reached a few inches away; then, we might have walked toward where the original bunch of cosplayers had been.

But then, suddenly I realized that none of that had happened yet, and that I'd just been imagining it. The cosplayer (still in her proper Miku appearance, though), came around the corner and was stopped by someone a few rows up.

After that, there was another game (Down where the bunch of cosplayers had been this time.) where they were giving out merch for a photo op. I ended up not raising my hand in time, though, and someone else got the Snow Miku plushie/figure thing. I wound up kneeling with everyone else for the picture while holding a figure of the Pillsbury Doughboy.

Reactions: razelberii

razelberii

Bless the Lord, O my Soul
Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
One part of my dream last night, there was this tall circular black object/speaker, similar to an Amazon Alexa (but taller). There was a button you could push to play a song, which was a song that had Oliver singing. The thing is, if I remember right in this dream, Oliver's tuning was intentionally made to sound feminine, I suppose like a genderbent. It was cute, if I'm honest. It was as if the person who made the song used the voice to create a unique sounding voice/singer rather than purposefully making it Oliver, but I could still recognize that accent :oliver_lili:

BambooGarden101

現実逃避
Aug 10, 2018
La-La Land
I dreamed that GENBU and Kotonoha Akane were childhood friends (I have a headcanon that they were born the same year), and they were constantly bickering and yelling at each other over the most insignificant of disagreements but they actually cared deeply about each other and secretly had crushes on each other. I vaguely remember that the dream ended with them becoming a couple.

Now I ship them together.
:genbu_smile_lili: ❤ :akane_lili: :kotonoha_akane_lili:

:overjoyed:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I had another one last night. My parents and I won/received the chance to go to a concert somewhere, I'm thinking maybe on a cruise ship. The auditorium was packed, and we had seats on an aisle in some metal folding chairs somewhere a ways back. The first song was a Rin song, and I remember seeing her (along with some other animation--maybe a picture of her head/the name of the song--that just existed in midair) up on stage with a backdrop of thick red curtains.

The next thing I knew, I was waking up (having fallen asleep in my dream) and had missed the rest of the show. I felt really disappointed, but was thinking that I'd done stuff like that before. I discovered, though, that there was a solid rubber Rin wristband around one of my wrists. At first, it was pink for some reason, and the writing on it wasn't clear to me. Then a staff member came over and gave me a Miku wristband, which was green, less wide but a little thicker/rounder than Rin's, and had words cut out of it. I remember the delicate feeling of the thinner band, and the texture of the rubber as I stretched it over my left hand. I was pretty sure I knew what it said, but I turned it against my skin/the Rin band to read it: "Miku Expo [something or other else]." I remember thinking, "You shouldn't be able to read in a dream." I noticed that Rin's band was yellow with her name written in pink now.

After that, we went to a cafeteria, where they were giving away free desserts every night. Another staff member came up to my mom and I. She was giving out merch that hadn't been taken yet, and she offered us a Kaito wristband. We looked at each other, and neither of us seemed to really want it, but I felt bad for Kaito that no one had taken his band yet, so I took it. (Don't read too much into that. I like Kaito, he just doesn't have the distinction of being my favorite.) It was at least twice as wide as the other two but thin because it was made of blue fabric, and it had white writing on it. I couldn't read it properly this time. It looked like words and numbers. I'm pretty sure the numbers were dates, and the words might have been locations? When a Kaito-only tour seemed like it might be unlikely, I wondered it it might be every song he's ever been in and its release date, but then I thought that that couldn't be right, since you couldn't fit all those on a wristband.

Then we went back to our cabin. My dad was going back out to do something, but a personal problem of mine came up and I declined, even though I wanted to go, too.

Then it was time for the next free dessert giveaway. I walked into the cafeteria (maybe a different area, now--it looked like I was between two grocery checkout lines, each filled with cookies, cake, ice cream being doled out by people behind the counters). I walked toward the one on my left, which had cookies and ice cream, which had been what I'd had the previous night. But I started to think better of it and went to the one on the right instead. My dad was over there, and he asked excitedly, "Are you going to do something different!?" Which hurt but was basically true--I'm one of those kinds of people who can eat the same thing for a particular meal for years without a problem, but I think people tend to look down on someone who behaves that way. So I was kind of mad but didn't say anything while he explained the different kinds of ice cream cake available on the right-hand line. The last thing I did was end up picking one of those. I think I imagined it before taking it, and it tasted good.

Last edited:

BambooGarden101

現実逃避
Aug 10, 2018
La-La Land
I had one today.
Satou Sasara, Suzuki Tsudumi and... Tohoku Itako (of all possible people) were a trio of virtual idols (like something out of The Idolmaster or Bandori or something... dunno, I'm not into those games lol) who dressed in elaborate pink outfits and sang ultra-kawaii sugary electropop songs. There was merch of them (mostly figures and gachapon capsule toys) for sale at a local shopping mall and I was desperate to get my hands on all of it, literally throwing a tantrum when I ran out of money and my parents refused to give me any more so I could complete my collection. I'm 24 years old.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I had another one, I think the night before last. I was having a series of several quick, disjointed, unrelated scenes, which I tried to remember but have since forgotten. Amongst those, I had an image of Miku looking at me out of a card-like, TV-like screen, blinking her eyes, and smiling at me.

razelberii

Bless the Lord, O my Soul
Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
Meeting LEON and LOLA

In my dream, there was a moment I was going to church and found the person who voiced Lola, supposedly I met her at least once before. But today was different, we arranged that I would be able to meet Leon's voice provider today (supposedly her husband). I gave him a hug and was excited to meet him as well.
Leon's voice provider and Lola's voice provider were just a sweet, older couple attending the church. You wouldn't recognize them as providing their voice for anything such as Vocaloid. They were quite humble about it, too.
I believe their colors were even similar to the Vocaloids in a way (he wore a light blue shirt similar to Leon's blue, she wore a dark purple top and I think hat, similar to Lola's pink/purple)

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Had another weird series of dreams the night before last.
In the first, Miku (who didn't look at all like herself, but whatever) and I were both thrown into a big swimming pool whose surface was frozen over, except for a maybe 1-foot high air gap (Yeah, physically, that doesn't make sense....). For some reason, I was trying to keep us from being separated, but I immediately realized that that would make it more likely that she'd drown, so I started trying to push her to the surface instead. I quickly enough realized that doing that would make it more likely that I'D drown, but decided that wasn't important. Strangely enough, despite being upside down facing the surface while trying to push her up, I never did seem to take in any water...and in the end, she ended up drowning, but I didn't....

In the next one, my dad (who isn't a gamer at all) purchased a PS4 or PS5, but the only game he bought was a new version of Donkey Kong. Not that there's anything wrong with Donkey Kong, but it seems ironic as a solo choice for a current gen console. For some reason, he tried to play this by shoving the whole thing--slipcover, case, and disc--into the unit's CD tray. This dream reminded me of a similar one where I bought a new game system/games for myself at a new big box store, and it might/might not have seemed novel at the time to remember one dream from another, though I don't think I recognized the other dream as a dream at the time.

In the last dream, I was touring an old underground bunker that was the basis for a novel I'd read. As it turns out, I don't think I've read any such novel, but, while dreaming, I was amazed at how I could predict what I would see next, because the novel had recreated it so faithfully. I looked at doorways, knowing which rooms would come next and where they would be, and was amazed at how exactly they looked like what I'd read about. I looked around, trying to take in everything of the experience, because it's not every day that you get to visit the original setting used by one of your favorite authors.

We (whoever "we" was) went down a set of stone circular stairs. The deeper room had a big screen off to the left, and a reddish/sandstone-colored column-shaped computer device a little off-center (nearer the farther wall) near the front. When I was examining it, I heard someone talking about the failure of the "breakfast memory generator," and imagined a series of several Vulcans (from Star Trek) describing how they had suddenly started missing some memories--up to about 40 years' worth. Which for a race as long-lived as they, was less worrisome than it would be for a human, but still concerned at least some of them. I wondered if the "breakfast memory generator" was a way for them to simulate breakfast without having any, which they could use as a weight-loss technique....

I sat down at a table next to someone who was apparently a friend of mine. We exchanged some kind of comments. It seemed like this was a class trip. I was more or less looking down at the table when I saw Miku walk by--I recognized her outfit, and the tip of her hair flipping past. I looked up at the front of the room, and it ended up being a cosplayer. She threw herself onto a couch at the front of the room, facing us in a very flat slouch with her back to the screen, with a bored and disgruntled expression. This positioning wasn't particularly wise, and I wondered why she'd choose it. When two of my classmates were rude to her, our teacher made them stand in the hall.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I woke up and went back to sleep last night. After I woke up, I had the feeling that Miku had been in the dream I'd been having, but I can't remember what it was now.

The second time I was asleep, I dreamed that I was in a store (looked like Kmart) looking at a Miku figure and trying to decide if I wanted to buy it. Then I got home, decided that I did want it, and wasn't sure if I had purchased it or not. I was still trying to remember after I woke up, until I realized that I'd been dreaming and hadn't been to the store at all.

BambooGarden101

現実逃避
Aug 10, 2018
La-La Land
Many of my latest vocal synth dreams involve the Tohoku sisters.

It was a sunny day, the hottest time of the day (I'm assuming around midday), in a rural town in the middle of nowhere. Kiritan was exploring an abandoned elementary school that had been converted into a farm. As she walked into a classroom on the ground floor and remarked how much it still looked like a classroom, a cow and a goat suddenly appeared out of nowhere and started chasing her. She ran out of the room screaming, and even after the animals were out of sight she kept running around the farm's surroundings (basically empty fields with the sun beating down on them), still screaming in panic.
On the 27th of October (which happens to be Zunko's birthday) I had two dreams about her and her sisters... though neither of them were very nice.

In the first one I dreamed that SSS Inc. (Zunko's management company) had uploaded new official illustrations of all three sisters on their website. They were Halloween-themed (also fitting, as Halloween was very soon at the time), but all I remember is that Kiritan had her lips painted black and her outfit was way too skimpy for an 11-year-old.
(This sounds disturbingly like something SSS Inc. would actually do... heck, I feel like I need to apologise to everyone for coming up with this subconsciously. :bigal_lili:)

In the second dream, the sisters were in my apartment, and Zunko was extremely ill. The cause was, I quote, "a bad side reaction" from a COVID vaccine. I remember that she threw up in my kitchen sink and Itako was rubbing her back, while Kiritan was pacing around the apartment looking very worried about her big sister. And I think that was it.
Basically Zunko had turned into this really sporty type of person, and she was playing basketball at my university's sports arena. All I remember is that I wanted to join in the game but didn't dare ask her out of extreme shyness, and in the dream I kept beating myself up over it.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I had one last night about wearing a Miku-themed watch. The weird thing was, when I pulled up my sleeve at one point, I saw that I was also wearing another regular, kind of junky-looking one, too, maybe along with a few other assorted wristbands.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)