• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Vocal Synth Fandom Dreams

Have your vocal synth fandom interests appeared in your dreams?

• Yes

Votes: 38 84.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 15.6%

• Total voters

razelberii

Bless the Lord, O my Soul
Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
I had an interesting one last night. Sora had a voicebank. No, not this Sora :sora_lili: . I mean Sora from Kingdom Hearts!
I don't know why but he had a nice voicebank, really. I was working on a song using his voicebank with my iPad for some reason (never used my iPad for that reason before).
I may be a fan of Kingdom Hearts, but it would be strange seeing something like this! At least his voicebank would perhaps be a fitting choice for Disney covers.

razelberii

Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
Sorry for double posting - I had another dream actually!

Briefly in my dream I was showing a family member the new VOCALOID6. If I remember right, I showed one of Yamaha's videos and tried playing the most impressive examples/tests people have done so far to "show off" VOCALOID6.

Unfortnately I don't think there was much else - VOCALOID6 has impacted so much though, even dreams!

Reactions: mobius017

razelberii

Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
In my dream, a new Vocaloid Producer joined the scene. She wasn't very familiar with Vocaloid, which lead her to take on a more... what's the word? Like she was in the music industry/business and got into Vocaloid?
She was also a new friend of mine at the time, whoever she was. I do not know, but in the dream it was implied/revealed she went through a lot (as if traumatically).
As she got into the Vocaloid scene, her approach was a little cheesy: There was some "app" or "filter" that let you put a Vocaloid's face over yours! The animation looked a lot like this app: Memoji
It looked so silly to me! There was one of Daina she used, and one of a possibly new Vocaloid6 Vocaloid named "Jean" or "Jeannie" (she had blue hair in buns and seemed to be like a fairy). She would switch between herself and a "Vocaloid" in her videos. Her videos would cover her approach to creating Vocaloid songs and be personal/interactive as if giving her tips. The videos were actually well-made (structured well, professionally done, not slow, funny at times, etc.).

As silly as it was, I couldn't help but consider it wholesome and encouraging. She went through a lot, and now she's a rising Vocaloid producer, not letting her past define her or get to her.
I wish I knew who she was, but she was only in a dream. I wish her the best, wherever she may be now.

Reactions: mobius017 and Aia

razelberii

Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
Earlier this year, there was a trailer for Kingdom Hearts 4.
In my dream, it was implied there was another trailer recently, depicting some new characters appearing actually.
In fact, they were voice synth characters! I saw Yuzuki Yukari :yukari_onn_lili: , specifically her AI Voice design. There was also Tsurumaki Maki :maki_lili: :tsurumaki_lili: , but I do not recall which design she had.
They were actually new playable characters that were integrated in the story in some way. I'm not sure how. It's a very strange collaboration idea, but I'd love to play as Yukari or Maki for some reason haha
As a bonus, there were apparently popular VTubers in this collaboration too, so Gawr Gura and Inugami Korone appeared. I don't know why...
Was a very interesting part of the dream.

Aia

DDR-tist
Jul 14, 2019
The Internet™
Last night I dreamed I was eating out at Perkins. I drew something similar to a Dex and Daina piece I did a couple days ago on a napkin and left it at the table. A waiter found it and posted it on the official social media account and tagged me. I saw it on my phone and my notifs were blowing up like crazy!

It felt so real, I thought it was one of those premonition dreams so when I woke up, I immediately checked my Twitter feed... sadly there was nothing:kaito_lili:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I was out walking with a bunch of people, including my mom and grandma, though I think all the others were high school age. One of them, who looked like someone I used to go to school with from Asia or the Pacific Islands, was wearing a sweat-dampened white t-shirt and a red headband to keep the sweat out of his eyes. It was late spring or early summer.

We turned a corner and came up a hill. There was a little white and blue eatery at the top, on the right. On the left was a tiny rectangular gray and brown building in a modern style. The kids seemed excited to reach this spot--some of them might've run up the hill--though the group decided to go into the modern building on the spot. Even before we got there, I knew it was some sort of semi-outdoor eating establishment and was complimenting the proprietor on his vocation, telling him that he shouldn't give up a job in a nice, clean, dry place doing simple rewarding work that let him work outside all day. He was laughing and nodding and saying it had its merits, though I think he had his issues with the job, too. I heard someone say the place was a bar.

Once we got inside, someone (maybe the proprietor or one of the high schoolers) yelled out that it was a hot dog bar, and everyone who had gotten a hot dog already cheered and raised their hot dog (loaded with ketchup, mustard, and relish) in the air in a toast; I noticed the familiar guy I mentioned earlier prominently in the group near the middle. I saw maybe 5 or so modern black or brown wood bar stools, and while they all looked full, I had the impression there would be enough, or nearly enough, seats for all of us. My mom was kind of disgusted about eating a hot dog at 9:30 in the morning; I was mentally hemming and hawing about if I could get one without catching too much flak. Gram, meanwhile, had gotten a hot dog that she and mom were going to share, but she was working on eating more than her half, which obviously surprised the person who was going to share with her.

I looked up and saw a TV screen that had an anime playing. The background music was a Rin song whose name I don't know, but Miku was singing it on screen. There were Japanese and English subtitles in yellow boxes on the right side of the screen (which almost certainly didn't correspond to the IRL song's lyrics). The anime must've been a musical. The song had her confronting another character, maybe a military guy, around a campfire with his other friends at twilight. She was basically asking how he could understand what she'd gone through, since he'd split everything about her into two pieces, and she was constantly having to put them back together and figure out how they fit. She mentioned having her mind and personality (?) in one place, and seemed about to say her body (Or maybe another mental/emotional aspect? She never said what the second thing was.) was in another. At some point, she started running while she was singing. As her running and the lyrics sped up, eventually the subtitles couldn't keep up and just froze, so there was part of the meaning of the song that I missed.

Reactions: razelberii

razelberii

Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
I was out walking with a bunch of people, including my mom and grandma, though I think all the others were high school age. One of them, who looked like someone I used to go to school with from Asia or the Pacific Islands, was wearing a sweat-dampened white t-shirt and a red headband to keep the sweat out of his eyes. It was late spring or early summer.

We turned a corner and came up a hill. There was a little white and blue eatery at the top, on the right. On the left was a tiny rectangular gray and brown building in a modern style. The kids seemed excited to reach this spot--some of them might've run up the hill--though the group decided to go into the modern building on the spot. Even before we got there, I knew it was some sort of semi-outdoor eating establishment and was complimenting the proprietor on his vocation, telling him that he shouldn't give up a job in a nice, clean, dry place doing simple rewarding work that let him work outside all day. He was laughing and nodding and saying it had its merits, though I think he had his issues with the job, too. I heard someone say the place was a bar.

Once we got inside, someone (maybe the proprietor or one of the high schoolers) yelled out that it was a hot dog bar, and everyone who had gotten a hot dog already cheered and raised their hot dog (loaded with ketchup, mustard, and relish) in the air in a toast; I noticed the familiar guy I mentioned earlier prominently in the group near the middle. I saw maybe 5 or so modern black or brown wood bar stools, and while they all looked full, I had the impression there would be enough, or nearly enough, seats for all of us. My mom was kind of disgusted about eating a hot dog at 9:30 in the morning; I was mentally hemming and hawing about if I could get one without catching too much flak. Gram, meanwhile, had gotten a hot dog that she and mom were going to share, but she was working on eating more than her half, which obviously surprised the person who was going to share with her.

I looked up and saw a TV screen that had an anime playing. The background music was a Rin song whose name I don't know, but Miku was singing it on screen. There were Japanese and English subtitles in yellow boxes on the right side of the screen (which almost certainly didn't correspond to the IRL song's lyrics). The anime must've been a musical. The song had her confronting another character, maybe a military guy, around a campfire with his other friends at twilight. She was basically asking how he could understand what she'd gone through, since he'd split everything about her into two pieces, and she was constantly having to put them back together and figure out how they fit. She mentioned having her mind and personality (?) in one place, and seemed about to say her body (Or maybe another mental/emotional aspect? She never said what the second thing was.) was in another. At some point, she started running while she was singing. As her running and the lyrics sped up, eventually the subtitles couldn't keep up and just froze, so there was part of the meaning of the song that I missed.
hatsune-miku-hot-dog.gif

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
I dreamt that I woke up, checking scoial media like I always do and suddenly seeing Ci flower news and finally a preview of how her voice would sound, and she sounded perfect, with just as little noise as Popy and Rose and everyone was celebrating that she was turning out so well. Pre-order dates were up and I was speculating if I had the money and then I woke up. Immediately checked for news of course but no. sadly truly just a dream.. 😞

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
The night before last, I had a dream that I ran into a friend (Or a friend is theirs? I wasn't sure.) from the boards. They were wearing a white denim coat that I interpreted as Eleanor Forte's jacket. I remember them excitedly asking or telling me about three different things, though I can't remember what they were.

They disappeared, and I looked for them inside a building. It seemed somewhat old, and it was dark inside. It was an old pavilion in Disney World, some of which's features, including the lights, either weren't working or weren't turned on. I think the Seven Seas Lagoon was outside; it was near the entrance to EPCOT's world showcase, on a sort of straight peninsula that isn't actually there.

I caught up with them, and they were doing a concert of their own music on a stage inside the pavilion, complete with a live band and possibly a friend of theirs (the same person who might've been there earlier). I thought they might be covering vocal synth songs with their own voice. As part of the show, they were shooting off fireworks inside the auditorium.

I think something else might've happened after that, but I can't remember it.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I was thinking an hour or two before I went to sleep last night that it'd be nice to have another dream in which Miku appeared.

I was standing in front of a brown wood table, just inside the door of what I guess was a music shop in a mall. It was cluttered with stuff I didn't specifically see. Across the table from me and back a bit, there was a curved counter extending our from the right wall where one or two people were working; there might've been another door out into the mall on the right wall behind it. To the left of me, the store was large and dimly lit, with lots of wood/brown colors. It seemed like it was filled with racks of black jackets or other clothes, though there might've been other stuff; the shelves on the walls seemed like they might've had black or other-colored boxes on them.

I say it was a music shop because I was looking at a brown wood box on the table, which had some music tool (maybe an instrument) that I was thinking about buying. Miku was standing across the table from me, watching. She didn't say anything; the impression was that she'd just come to offer support.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I was in a basement (though at one point it seemed like a dining room) of a (Chinese, I guess?) restaurant or hotel. A Chinese man in a suit told me that there was some kind of delivery or package for me to look at. I figured it was probably a piece of music equipment. He and another man brought it in on a dolly--it was a silver metal box, like a briefcase, about the size of a dinner plate, with a heart-shaped tag hanging over the lock. When he asked, I asked him to start opening it. I remember him slitting the tape on a cardboard box, not opening it completely, then bending the outside of the box a bunch to pull the metal box out. (Which I guess means the metal box was in the cardboard one when he brought it in. Though that's not how I remember seeing it.) He opened the first or first few metal box lids easily enough somehow, one by one--it was a bunch of nested metal boxes. Eventually he got a crowbar and started popping the lids open with that. When he got to maybe 3/4 left, he told me that I'd see or experience...something, though I'm not sure what. I nodded and confirmed that he go on. Eventually, he reached a small box about the size of a tie/lapel pin or the tip of your thumb. He popped that open, but I asked him to stop before opening the lid. I read the heart-shaped tag on the outside. It said,

I ♥
My Own MIKU

razelberii

Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
I had an interesting dream earlier this week. I don't remember everything that happened but I'll try to recite what happened the best I remember.

At some point, there was this "message" that everyone was getting "Miku robots". They were like these human-like robots that resembled Miku (I think some other Vocaloids as well) that you could use in whatever way, whether it was entertainment, chores, etc.
I wonder if they were compared to toys in some way. I later saw a Rin toy that was broken up and left alone. She was once played with often, but like many of the other "robots/toys", eventually she was left alone, not remembered.
A song with a video began playing, Rin singing about her sorrow being a forgotten toy.

It was interesting, but that's how trends are, if moments aren't treasured. Entertaining and useful for a while, then we cast them to the side without another thought. I hope the broken toy is fixed one day.

razelberii

Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
Dream from earlier this week:
My dreams always have more than one thing going on usually. My dream from a while ago was no different, so I wrote down roughly what I remembered.

There was a new set of duo Vocaloids announced, supposedly for Vocaloid6.
An "American comedy duo" of voicebanks (not based off of actual comedians, rather that was their "theme")
Though, despite being labeled as "American", I think their language was still primarily Japanese, and the two characters had anime-themed avatars to represent them.
I don't remember their voices at the moment, but one girl who was taller had long orange hair (also tied in a ponytail, kinda like Daina now that I think about it). The other girl had short black/brown hair, with a hair accessory I think (maybe a yellow/cream colored bow).
:iroha_lili::kaori_lili:

Later, there was some kind of "live performance", maybe a livestream or something, where Kaito had a new song - a never before seen early demo, supposedly. It was for his V2 voicebank, or his V3 voicebank, the dream couldn't make up its mind (for some reason Kaito V3 in my dream was V4 or V5). And despite it being a "live performance"-thing, a PV played, which seemed to be from back in the day. I think the song was about horse riding (as in the sport) for some reason. Don't know why...
:kaito_smile_lili:

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
I just woke up from a terrible dream hahaha :’)

Within the dream, I had purchased tickets to a Miku concert a long time ago in anticipation of a trip to Tokyo. But the ticket purchase was cancelled because I was a little too slow and they accidentally sold some extra tickets.

We were at dinner with my family and my uncle, IRL former Japan resident and current music nerd, was like, “don’t worry I’ve used this website before! if this happens there’s a chance you can pay to upgrade and keep your ticket if there’s still space in the other categories!” and so I didn’t realize it was a dream because this was his area of expertise.

The day comes and I’m made to go to Easter mass with my grandparents at Sophia University. I insist that I’m going to be late but nobody believes me. I do end up becoming late and I ask my mom where the concert is, because she had the tickets on her phone (I think I was a couple of years younger in the dream.)

She tells me it’s at the University! So my dad drives me back and drops me off. I run to the specified location and… it’s just a gymnasium full of people watching the livestream.

I called my parents in tears explaining the situation and I get picked up again to their dismay, but it’s already almost too late. And then I woke up.

Sorry for posting such a downer dream but I thought it was kinda interesting I dreamed such an elaborate and exact scenario for this lol. I almost never remember my dreams so when I do, they are always really cognizant or notable.

I think this is telling me I need to avenge the COVID cancellation and go to a concert.

Last edited:

razelberii

Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
I had a dream where VOMS Project's Tomoshika Hikasa got a CeVIO AI voicebank announced, and pre-orders were ready.

Tomoshika's great and fun to watch but I wasn't expecting a voicebank :clara_ani_lili:

I suppose it's not too unrealistic though. GYARI (the manager of VOMS Project) created some very popular Vocaloid songs. and Kizuna Ai, another VTuber, got a CeVIO AI voicebank created. Supposedly AH-Software worked with GYARI on this Tomoshika voicebank in my dream (which GYARI created demos for AH-Software voicebanks)
I just imagine there will be licenses involved though (not a commercial-free voicebank)

:solaria_ani_lili:

razelberii

Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
Just a brief one. In my dream, I was watching a video of a collaboration with three VTubers. One of them was using an avatar that greatly resembled Eclipsed Sound's Solaria :solaria_ani_lili:

I don't recall if it was meant to be her herself or if it was like, someone was just using the avatar (came with the software or had commissioned it). It looked really neat though. Something like that might be cool for PVs.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I had one last night about waiting with my folks to get into a concert.

We did get in at one point. I remember us lined up outdoors with other people at dusk in a desert environment of red rocks and succulent arid plants. When we got in, it was night, in a rock amphitheater with lights set into the edges and seats. I could see the headlights and taillights of cars on a road/at an intersection in the distance.

Sometime between waiting/entering, we were in a gift shop. A prim French woman in a black suit was, in a mix of French and English, introducing the concertgoers to expensive high-end spirits and wine of which they could purchase glasses to have before the show. The different beverages were displayed in tall square cabinets of glass and black wood (like you might put anime figures in) scattered around the front of the room. We saw this twice; her presentation got better (clearer or more detailed) the second time.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I had another one last night. I was working on a song featuring Miku, though I don't think I was literally working on it at the moment. I remember seeing maybe the name of the song and her name typed on a piece of paper--like a memo or something. Then I heard a voice in my head that gave me two lines of lyrics. I don't remember how they went exactly, but I think they boiled down to a more artful expression of:

The mind is crazy
Listen to the heart instead

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)