• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Vocal Synths' Favorite Drinks

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Just for a bit of fun, what do you think some of your favorite vocal synths' favorite drinks would be? This can be any kind of drink: coffee/tea, milk, soft drinks, beverages that require responsibility (In which case, you can choose to handle this as you will: ignore their canonical ages, ignore legal limit issues, assume they're older at the time, whatever.), etc.

Starting off with a few about whom I have any kind of inspiration:

Miku:
My intuitive sense is that she'd prefer some kind of creamy sweet lime beverage. Since I have no idea what that would actually be, I'll suggest a sweet iced coffee.

For responsible drinks, a Blue Hawaiian (I didn't choose this for the color, but it's a happy coincidence.). Though, if she tried it, I think she'd enjoy a mojito also. Sake would also work, though I think it's comparatively strong, and it might take her years, if ever, to work past the bite to enjoy the sweetness underneath, and she'd only be comfortable sipping a little at a time out of the traditional shallow ceramic serving cups.

Kaito:
Banana-flavored milk. (Another choice not in line with character color/item.)

Rin:
Chai tea. Or perhaps a biting soft drink.

Meiko:
Hot coffee. Sometimes with spices/flavoring, sometimes au lait, sometimes black.

For responsible drinks, bourbon.

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
For Iroha I'd say I LOHAS water for the pun (in hiragana it's いろはす, like Iroha's name + su, so I always think of it as "Iroha's water" :teto_lili: ). As for an adult drink, Bernkastel wine. Mainly as a reference to When They Cry characters who are associated with cats and said wine XP

For some reason all I can think of for Miku is Ramune, maybe melon or blueberry flavor but probably original.

Other than that I mostly keep coming up with basic drinks related to their historical character items for the other older Vocaloids rofl (Orange juice for Rin, carrot juice for Gumi, I think Lily was vaguely associated with bees at one point so honey wine/mead (I don't know Why exactly but I'm picturing her as a big drinker in general), apple juice for Yuki, etc)

I would try for other vocal synths but my brain went "Sunny D for Solaria!" and I am officially too disgusted with myself to continue :ROFL:

Granata

*Luna fan number one
Jul 30, 2022
I feel like Daina would be a water drinker, Ling either drinks juice or colorful smoothies and UNI drinks strawberry milk

Reactions: mobius017

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
mm..♪(´▽`)

:miku_lili:Miku has various favorite drinks, like grapefruit juice, green tea, hot milk strawberry flavored with cocoa powder on top💕
:rin_smile_lIlI::len_smile_lili:Rin and Len prefer peach tea or banana soft drink
:luka_lili:Luka has a preference for green tea (both cold and hot), sometimes drinks beer if in izakaya or karaoke
:meiko_lili:Meiko likes a good glass of red wine or strawberry vodka cocktail, especially when together with Luka in izakaya or karaoke
:kaito_smile_lili:Kaito likes fruits soft drinks, in summer with icecream on top of it, and sometimes a bit of sake

Last edited:
Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I would try for other vocal synths but my brain went "Sunny D for Solaria!" and I am officially too disgusted with myself to continue :ROFL:
Your comment and Solaria's artwork made me think of sun tea (basically, hot/iced tea brewed using heat from the sun). I don't have a strong intuitive sense on this subject, but something about what I remember of her artwork makes me think of an ancient Mesoamerican sun goddess or something, which kind of fits with a drink brewed on nothing but sunlight.

Reactions: Twillby

AmazingStrange39

Miku-Avanna-Gumi enthusiast
May 23, 2019
:miku_lili: Miku's favorite drinks are vegetable juice (of course) and fruit sodas, especially melon soda. She also likes lemonade and other juices. Even if she were old enough to drink, she doesn't like most alcoholic beverages anyway. However, she does like coffee, especially iced coffee, and green tea. She's also fond of Japanese soft drinks, such as ramune and Calpico (both of which I've had and they're pretty tasty!).

:avanna_lili: Avanna is fond of tea, especially a good strong Irish black tea (though she likes other teas + tisanes as well), and she enjoys clear fizzy drinks as well (7-Up, Sprite, etc.; this is actually a reference to flat 7-up as a catch-all remedy popular in Ireland, haha); some of her other favorite drinks are ginger ale, apple cider/apple-flavored soda, coffee with extra sugar and cream, and fresh milk. As for "responsible" drinks (she's 18, which is legal in Ireland; she wouldn't drink in, say, the US or Japan) I'd guess she'd default to beer and the occasional glass of whiskey or cider, maybe Irish cream? I see her as a pretty light drinker, more the type to just sit back and enjoy a glass than try and get drunk.

:eleanorforte_lili: True to her classy, old-fashioned image, Eleanor's favorite drinks are tea and wine (especially champaigne). She just loves to curl up on her antique sofa with a classic volume and sip from her favorite glass. She's a proud owner of some dandy vintage coffee as well.

:anri_lili: Anri has a canon favorite drink, bubble tea. She is very much a sweets lover and hates things like black coffee and beer. If Anri is drinking black coffee, something has gone seriously wrong.

Last edited:

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
Miku : probably some soft drink like lemonade or sparkling water (or even mint diabolo)

Meiko : saké of course and sometimes wine

Kaito !: curaçao, piña colada sometimes wine and milkshake

Len : banana juice or Coke

Rin: orange juice or Coke too, perhaps more orange juice

Lily : hydromel (mead) or beer

Gackpoid : saké because tradition

Matcha : tea lol

Avanna : Irish coffee !

galaco : tea sometimes may switch with coffee, chocolate, or ezven grenadine syrup (also milkshake)

unity-chan : lemonade or eneegy drink

Teto : wine and when she passes off as a teenager or want al alcohol-free drink, would totally go for virgin Bloody mary or grenadine syrup too

TONIO : Martini of course x'D Also prosecco, wine and champagne because ~~~classy chic#é~~~

Sonika: iced tea or pineapple juice

Prima : wine

Bruno : sangria ? or tequila

Clara : sangriaaaaa

MAIKA : horchata ?

SeeU: aloe vera or any fruit juice

UNI : strawberry milk indeed

Longya: iced cappuccino, black tea, dark coffee

Mayu : tea with some milk in it

Yuki : apple juice

Iroha : apple juice;, sometimes switches to bubble tea or granité

Ling : energy drink

Lapis : still water

Merli : grape juice, coffee ?

Mew : definitely black coffee and hot chocolate but like, the dark sugar free one (kinda like how if she was eating ice cream, she'd go for cocoa sorbet instead of the regular chocolate ice cream -to get a stronger and more refined taste)

Gumi : those healthy smoothies maybe ? also yeah carrot juice and maybe pear juice

Sachiko : saké may switch to wine or brandy

CUL : strawberry sparkling drink

Rev : milk coffee or tomato juice with some tabasco in it

Miki : cherry Coke, cherry juice, cherry syrup, amarena when she grows older

Here are some headcanons or theories I may add some later lolol

AmazingStrange39

May 23, 2019
Miku : probably some soft drink like lemonade or sparkling water (or even mint diabolo)

Meiko : saké of course and sometimes wine

Kaito !: curaçao, piña colada sometimes wine and milkshake

Len : banana juice or Coke

Rin: orange juice or Coke too, perhaps more orange juice

Lily : hydromel (mead) or beer

Gackpoid : saké because tradition

Matcha : tea lol

Avanna : Irish coffee !

galaco : tea sometimes may switch with coffee, chocolate, or ezven grenadine syrup (also milkshake)

unity-chan : lemonade or eneegy drink

Teto : wine and when she passes off as a teenager or want al alcohol-free drink, would totally go for virgin Bloody mary or grenadine syrup too

TONIO : Martini of course x'D Also prosecco, wine and champagne because ~~~classy chic#é~~~

Sonika: iced tea or pineapple juice

Prima : wine

Bruno : sangria ? or tequila

Clara : sangriaaaaa

MAIKA : horchata ?

SeeU: aloe vera or any fruit juice

UNI : strawberry milk indeed

Longya: iced cappuccino, black tea, dark coffee

Mayu : tea with some milk in it

Yuki : apple juice

Iroha : apple juice;, sometimes switches to bubble tea or granité

Ling : energy drink

Lapis : still water

Merli : grape juice, coffee ?

Mew : definitely black coffee and hot chocolate but like, the dark sugar free one (kinda like how if she was eating ice cream, she'd go for cocoa sorbet instead of the regular chocolate ice cream -to get a stronger and more refined taste)

Gumi : those healthy smoothies maybe ? also yeah carrot juice and maybe pear juice

Sachiko : saké may switch to wine or brandy

CUL : strawberry sparkling drink

Rev : milk coffee or tomato juice with some tabasco in it

Miki : cherry Coke, cherry juice, cherry syrup, amarena when she grows older

Here are some headcanons or theories I may add some later lolol
I thought Tonio didn't trust anything non-Martini-based? XP

Reactions: MillyAqualine

bibbs

large and in charge
May 12, 2022
boston
:miku_lili: vegetable juice.. but also enjoys smoothies with a mix of fruits and vegetables, especially on a hot day
:len_lili: secretly addicted to monster energy drinks
:kaito_lili:don't ask me why, but all i can imagine is kaito guzzling down strawberry milk by the gallon with no restraint..lol
:eleanorforte_lili: she's a tea snob, only the finest, freshest, most expensive teas for her. she likes them especially strong
:bigal_lili: bone broth..i imagine him being kind of a fitness bro
:maki_lili: :tsurumaki_lili: spiked juice..she may have a problem..

AmazingStrange39

May 23, 2019
:momo_ibis:: Peach smoothie
:flower_smile_lili:: Soda drinker
:jun_lili:: Soju (canon)
:haiyi_lili_smile:: Sparkling water
:solaria_lili:: Corona beer (plz laugh)
:satou_sasara_lili:: Yoohoo
:kevin_lili:: Possibly also a soda drinker, but soda's bad for the voice so idk (Flower's a rock star it's different)
:ruko_ibis:: Coffee (given their character item, safe to say canon)
And Milk drinks milk
My idea for Solaria was really dumb: Hot sauce, straight out of the bottle. What could go wrong?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)