• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID VOCALOID 5 news

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
Trainman both baffles and amazes me all at once. He also has a Youtube (Unless it's someone reposting them)
Every time I listen to Kaori I keep thinking I'm listening to a strangely tuned Len tbh because for some reason she has some weird thing that makes her sound like Len??? ihopeimnotimaginingthattbh
I also like Amy's voice now. Heard a cover I liked, and she reminds me of a not nasally Daina sort of.

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
Trainman both baffles and amazes me all at once. He also has a Youtube (Unless it's someone reposting them)
Every time I listen to Kaori I keep thinking I'm listening to a strangely tuned Len tbh because for some reason she has some weird thing that makes her sound like Len??? ihopeimnotimaginingthattbh
I also like Amy's voice now. Heard a cover I liked, and she reminds me of a not nasally Daina sort of.
Yeah idk...I can kinda hear it with some words/letters now that people are mentioning it. Tbh I don't really listen to Len much so take that with a grain of salt.

Her clips on the website are amazing, but I'm finding the current songs with her sound completely different. Like...idk what it is about the clips, but she sounds deeper and kinda...soulful I guess? I don't really know how to explain it.
But it'll take time before the voices are perfected ofc.

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
I'm not surprised that so many people think that she sounds like Len. She has the same undertone as him. But don't forget guys, Len was also voiced by a woman. It's not that weird that another deeper female voice can sound like him.

Mantis128

"Clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight"
Apr 9, 2018
I don't think it's really speculation/wishlist materiel when it comes to whether or not Miku V5 will be a thing. Until Miku somehow fades into obscurity the announcement of a new Vocaloid engine is more or less the announcement for a new Miku upgrade.

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
I'm not surprised that so many people think that she sounds like Len. She has the same undertone as him. But don't forget guys, Len was also voiced by a woman. It's not that weird that another deeper female voice can sound like him.
Thank you for voicing what I am hearing in words... I haven't heard such a similar thing on another Vocaloid (minus Rin for obvious reasons) so I was a bit shocked, and had no clue of how to describe it. I do like her voice, I'll just have to get used to it.

Miku V5 is PROBABLY happening next year I bet, unless it's a subtle change but Crypton has extensive marketing so who knows. Since XSY is gone on V5, maybe if Luka gets an update, she'll get more voicebanks wishfulthinking

Mantis128

"Clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight"
Apr 9, 2018
Actually Luka V5 is something I could imagine being announced, considering it is going to be her 10th anniversary. But I would not even slightly be shocked if that is the case.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I'm more betting on a Meiko and Kaito V5, since they've now once again been skipped over by an engine. Considering they're not really "the face" of Crypton like the CVs are, it makes sense not to update them to every engine, but I think they'll get their turn this time around.

After that, LOL, why is anyone even asking if Miku V5 is gonna happen?? Of course it is, it's Miku :P

BenHo

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Overall I'm fucking hype. Sure, there are a few things I would change personally (The pre-made vocal phrases will probably just be reference material for me and I want my precious Big Al in V5) but overall, this is a welcome change to the engine in terms of both quality and ease-of-use.

Also, on the one hand, I'm glad we got a VY2 update right out of the gate instead of him theoretically getting trapped in VY2V4 hell, but I don't like that he's tied to the "Premium" bundle. I hope the premium voices get released as separate purchases too (unless they already have and I'm just misunderstanding)

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Also, on the one hand, I'm glad we got a VY2 update right out of the gate instead of him theoretically getting trapped in VY2V4 hell, but I don't like that he's tied to the "Premium" bundle. I hope the premium voices get released as separate purchases too (unless they already have and I'm just misunderstanding)
Cyva, Cyman, VY1V4, and VY2V3 were rereleased as Cyva/Cyman II, VY1, and VY2, old versions taken off the store. Aside from some minor edits, they're pretty much the same vocals, even their separate pages just list their old demos and stuff.

They probably aren't worth buying over again, but if you've got V3/4 and are missing at least one of the four, the discounted premium package is only about $214. For reference, buying VY2 by himself is close to $100, and the editor's base package with the discount is roughly $140, so unless you plan to buy one second hand, it's more worth it to go premium.

EDIT:

A friend bought V5 and found something interesting. Within the files, Lorra appears to have a setup.bmp, and an icon. The icon is her V3 setup, it looks like, but none of the other private Vocaloids appear to have one at all. Girl's got her own directory and everything. If anyone's interested in looking, it's here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VOCALOID5\Resource\Voice\BM8DDES6M4XP2MCC

Looks like she might get some fixes and be ported to V5? Could be interesting

EDIT2:

Here's her icon

setup.png

Last edited:
Reactions: uncreepy

Pup-p

Nemu nemu~
Apr 8, 2018
Cyva, Cyman, VY1V4, and VY2V3 were rereleased as Cyva/Cyman II, VY1, and VY2, old versions taken off the store. Aside from some minor edits, they're pretty much the same vocals, even their separate pages just list their old demos and stuff.

They probably aren't worth buying over again, but if you've got V3/4 and are missing at least one of the four, the discounted premium package is only about $214. For reference, buying VY2 by himself is close to $100, and the editor's base package with the discount is roughly $140, so unless you plan to buy one second hand, it's more worth it to go premium.

EDIT:

A friend bought V5 and found something interesting. Within the files, Lorra appears to have a setup.bmp, and an icon. The icon is her V3 setup, it looks like, but none of the other private Vocaloids appear to have one at all. Girl's got her own directory and everything. If anyone's interested in looking, it's here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VOCALOID5\Resource\Voice\BM8DDES6M4XP2MCC

Looks like she might get some fixes and be ported to V5? Could be interesting

EDIT2:

Here's her icon

I hope she gets a V5.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
That's weird, I hope they resurrect Lorra. But it says V3 on it? So confused right now. o__o;

As for the Cryptonloid thing, Wat said all of them are getting Appends by Luka's 10th anniversary, but I'm not sure what to believe now. That could've been a white lie to hide the fact that V5 was coming out.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Ken's probably my favourite out of all the new Yamaha V5s, though I like Amy as well. I'm currently neutral on Chris (I need to hear more usages of him), but I definitely agree with everyone else that Kaori sounds a lot like Len. She might grow on me after some good usages though.

That Lorra thing is definitely weird. Why would they leave a setup for her within V5 when she's supposed to be private/vaporware?

Reactions: melodicake
Lorra looks so cute and cool at once, just like Miku! I knew of her for long too and felt sad that she has been abandoned.

Did someone upload an original song feat. one of the 4 new 'loids already?
I think I can take Chris instead of CYBER SONGMAN II but I'm not sure. It would financially be a better solution because there is no Editor-only package yet but I'm not sure if he is the voice type I would like to have.

Also, what's the price of a Standard Pack upgrade from V4? In yen, please.

Did someone upload anything about using Miku banks in V5 yet?

EDIT: HOLY SH!T, imagine Porter Robinson used AVANNA in V5.

Last edited:
Reactions: melodicake

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I have a dumb question: if the V5 editor is compatible with V3/V4 voicebanks, and XSY goes away in V5...does that mean that you can't use XSY with V3/4 anymore? Has anyone seen some indication of how that gets handled?

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I don't believe that anything in V4 was messed with, so if you still have V4E you can XSY, just that it's not a feature in V5. If I understood your question correctly ^^;

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I don't believe that anything in V4 was messed with, so if you still have V4E you can XSY, just that it's not a feature in V5. If I understood your question correctly ^^;
Mm-hmm, you understood correctly. That makes sense.... I guess then the XSY parameter must appear in the editor if you're using a V3/4 bank? (I guess I ought to just trust that it would, but I can't help being a bit worried until I see it. It seems unusual to me that they would make the editor change itself that way to accommodate an old feature that, evidently, won't be supported from V5 onward.)

(Say, are you the same missy I chatted with on VO a few times?)

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
So I have a couple of responses from companies, just to give a perspective on things.
I asked Yamaha if the new editor would be receiving a physical addition, and the grammar is a little weird and it looks like their trying to leave room open to decide to do it later, but that might just be the weird grammar leaving out anything about future possibility entirely.
I asked Internet Co. about updates for their V3 Vocaloids to the V5 editor, specifically Kokone and Lily V3. They are much more definite in their response; it does look like another generation of updates for only Gumi and Gakupo. Again, they left themselves a bit of wiggle room to change their mind later, but it's a much clearer response than Yamaha's.
On Twitter, I asked Zero-G about the potential for SONiKA V5, hoping to get an answer that would give us a good idea about everyone else too. I did, but not quite in the way Miriam V5 fans were hoping. They do say, however, that they're working on something brand new, which means they're working on something for V5, so I'm really excited.

Attachments

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
@VocaMew so going by what ZG & Internet said, it's pretty much a confirmation that V5 was a soft launch.

I'm guessing the reason why AHS is going to be the first one to release third party vb is because Yamaha knew that AHS is also competing against CeVIO too (remember Voiceroid?).

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
@Exemplar It does seem that way. To strengthen that possibility, CeVIO did recently post about their new English format to their Editor. It's kinda fun to see them each try to 1-up each other

I'm just really excited about what Zero-G had to say. I know it's not Miriam V5 or a V2 update, but they definitely made it sound like their doing something!

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I'm super excited about what Zero-G is up to. I saw someone ask about Avanna V5 and they gave a very open answer while still shutting doen updates to V1s. i mean, it was a no but not a direct now, I think it was like "no info for update yet but we'll keep you posted" kinda reply. Might go dig for it later. Just in general I am eccited for anything new Zero-G will bring us. Buuuut I do have my Avanna bias, it can't be helped

And just a random thought, when Miku or any Crypton V5 releases, I wonder what Piapro Studio will be like or if it will exist. It had its pluses over V3/V4, but now V5 has way more and standalone Piapro still isn't even compatible with all the avocaloids or even just Cryptonloids. There isn't even really a reason fort Piapro now aside from skipping the base editor and if EVEC returns. I wonder what Crypton has planned for that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)