• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID VOCALOID 5 news

Holy Moly, I'm really fired up for this! V4 was nothing against this.
I want to use my V4s on this, as I hope that they are compatible with all the good features.

I hope they offer small starter packs with only 1-2 VBs soon. The 4 new banks sound great, but I already have my own personal favorites, so I don't have a use for them. I hope they offer a Haruno Sora or CYBER DIVA / SONGMAN pack soon because I really want to work with V5.

Reactions: mahalisyarifuddin

Eenkin

New Fan
Apr 8, 2018
US
www.youtube.com
Just bought the editor... Is there a way I am suppose to know the values I'm setting for the PBS and PIT for manual editting, or am I supposed to eyeball everything? Also, interesting that Oliver, Miku V3, Yohioloid (and I assume other V3s that I don't have) can growl.

Edit: Nevermind, seems they can only growl using the attack/release effect, but they cannot on the actual growl parameter...

Edit2: Found out how you know the value. You have to hover above the dot after you've already placed it down. After playing it for a bit, the editor in general seems a bit awkward for me to use for manual editing.

Last edited:

Siegel

Aspiring Fan
Jun 12, 2018
I will be buying the editor soon. The parameters look fun to play with. My main question now is, has there been a jump in quality like V2 > V3? The default voices sound clearer and human like (for the most part....) but I can't tell for certain. Also are CYVA, Songman, VY1, and VY2 upgraded or are they just straight ports? The demos on the website are the old stuff from V4 still.

Trevor

?
May 2, 2018
I will be buying the editor soon. The parameters look fun to play with. My main question now is, has there been a jump in quality like V2 > V3? The default voices sound clearer and human like (for the most part....) but I can't tell for certain. Also are CYVA, Songman, VY1, and VY2 upgraded or are they just straight ports? The demos on the website are the old stuff from V4 still.
Ports updated so they can use the new features.

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
I sent in an inquiry to Yamaha about whether or not the Vocaloid 5 engine will be given a physical release, whether it be with the standard/premium voicebanks or as a standalone. It's a little late in the day, so I probably won't get a response until tomorrow, but I'll tell you guys what I get when I get it.

Reactions: Mika

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
Ken's like 3 second clip sounded amazing and beautiful :kaito_lili: I really hope we can hear him used more soon.

Amy and Chris are also super good...I love all of them so far...

Also tbh I'm impressed with this engine. It actually seemed pretty easy for someone with absolutely 0 experience (like me) to grasp.

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
Ken sounds really good! Amy sounds alright, and Chris sounds good too. Kaori reminds me of a weirdly pitched Len?? I don't know, might be the sample...

IDK why Yamaha designed them like 90's CGI models though. They need some fanart.

RawBeansP

feng yi supremacy
Apr 8, 2018
elsewhere looking for oarfish
I think I like Ken and Kaori best, Kaori strains on her higher notes and sounds a lot like Len which is interesting. But i really like her voice type. That one fan design of them from revolocities was really cool and I stan that

I love the fan designs for Amy, not so big on Amy herself. I really like Chris, I love his soft tone and he kinda sounds like a much less nasal, somwhat softer Dex and I like that. I'm only heard him used in higher ranges tho so i wonder what his low notes sound like

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Well hot damn, yall. Finally some news amirite?

(Also hello!! I finally exited lurking hell)

I like V5's changes overall. The UI looks really nice, although I'm sure it'll take some adjustment. Bit of a shame that the Cybers and VYs updates are just straight ports, but at least VY2 isn't left behind this time.................
Amy sounds alright, I like her well enough. Chris sounds really good, I like his potential (need to hear more samples tbh, might hit up SC). Kaori is a little awkward? Least favorite of the four, but her Len-like quality is kinda funny, and she might grow on me. I really like Ken, he sounds really nice ;;v;;

I hope I can buy this soonish, but I'm a little tight on cash right now. Might just have to put it off for,, a while,,

Also, def gonna hafta keep V4 installed for my poor forgotten V2s. Progress must be made, yeah yeah, I'm not bitter just update them you cowards

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
Bonus points: I also emailed Internet Co. and asked them if they have plans for V5 updating any of their V5 Vocaloids (I asked about Lily and Kokone specifically, but they're answer for those two should give a good idea about the rest)

Siegel

Aspiring Fan
Jun 12, 2018
So I finally got it downloaded and installed and I noticed something. Under help there is an option for "Download New Content." It's separate from the check for updates so I wonder if this is what will replace plug ins or if its something else entirely?

Attachments

Reactions: melodicake

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)