• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Vocaloid Merchandise News

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Ha ha, in the last image I saw I thought Miku's violin was more of a traditional, wood design, but at least in the version this figure is based off of, it's not. Of course it's more of a futuristic/techno/semi-translucent thing--it's her after all. I'm not sure exactly why, but that gives me a wry smile :). Probably because it's such a stereotypically "classic" classical music instrument. But having her 01 on there is just cool.

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
I know i'm going to get a little grief for posting this here but...

Bilibili, the Chinese online platform with a strong focus on anime, comics, and games, has struck a deal with Taobao, the largest e-commerce division of Alibaba. The two-pronged deal covers merchandise driven by Bilibili, and joint efforts to expand Bilibili’s IP.

The two companies will jointly develop an ecosystem that connects content creators, merchandise and users on both platforms. Content creators on Bilibili will register and operate accounts on Taobao, and promote merchandise by producing content in a creative and interactive format. Taobao will also provide technical support to Bilibili to improve its user experience.
Another article Bilibili Partners with Taobao As China Animation Market Booms | Alizila.com
As part of the partnership, the Alibaba-owned C2C online marketplace will introduce content creators from Bilibili to Taobao. They will join the more than 1.6 million writers and influencers currently on the site, who produce promotional content, such as blog posts and livestreams about everything from apparel to furniture. Taobao will also help the Shanghai-based streaming site commercialize its intellectual property assets, including its official mascots, virtual idols, original documentaries and anime content.
You can read the official english press release on BiliBili's investment page Bilibili and Taobao Announce Business Collaboration in E-commerce | Bilibili

Why is this a big deal? The parent company of VSinger is basically opening a shop like For Fans By Fans with China's equivalent of Amazon. It's a really huge deal that will expand how much VSinger merch will be put out there and will help provide creators with new sources of revenue.

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
Tianyi is getting a shirt collab in Japan with an interesting choice of english words on them

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I want the headphones with the 01 number on them! <3
Ditto! I wonder what the quality of the headphones is? I don't see anywhere where it actually says who makes them.
Kinda rough that you can only get these from a Taito vending machine (which I assume is Japan-exclusive?), but you might be able to get them through a forwarding service, on eBay, or something.
(Ha ha, forwarding services have to include the cost of the item when giving you a price, so what would it be for this one? "We had to put in 50 yen pieces before we got the claw to pull the headphones, so...your cost is shipping +50 yen pieces?")

Reactions: BenHo

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Ditto! I wonder what the quality of the headphones is? I don't see anywhere where it actually says who makes them.
Kinda rough that you can only get these from a Taito vending machine (which I assume is Japan-exclusive?), but you might be able to get them through a forwarding service, on eBay, or something.
(Ha ha, forwarding services have to include the cost of the item when giving you a price, so what would it be for this one? "We had to put in 50 yen pieces before we got the claw to pull the headphones, so...your cost is shipping +50 yen pieces?")
I'm gonna keep my eyes open for the "01" headphones too, I think they look pretty cool.

Since they're crane game (or some other prize game) prizes, they're probably produced with a low price. I wouldn't expect superior quality, but probably they're decent for their "price" (I'd guess the average crane game player spends about 1000-1500 yen before getting a prize. It's impossible to say how much the game centers pay for these.

Having said that, I bought 500yen headphones from Japan in 2010 and they worked well for 6.5 years, and the sound quality was actually pretty good, then the left speaker started cutting out. So these Miku headphones might not be too bad.

The headphones will most likely become available second-hand on amazon, ebay etc.

Reactions: mobius017

Pup-p

Nemu nemu~
Apr 8, 2018
Taito miku products sometimes go on second hand stores online if you look around

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Since they're crane game (or some other prize game) prizes, they're probably produced with a low price. I wouldn't expect superior quality, but probably they're decent for their "price"

Having said that, I bought 500yen headphones from Japan in 2010 and they worked well for 6.5 years, and the sound quality was actually pretty good, then the left speaker started cutting out. So these Miku headphones might not be too bad.
I'm not exactly an audiophile and I don't expect the headphones to have the sound quality of a high end product (my current heaphones are Skullcandy ones that have managed to survive near-daily wear and tear), but at the same time I don't like audio equipment where the output sounds like it's being played from inside a tin can. :P Maybe I should wait for reviews?

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Snow Miku merch news! There's a lot of Snow Miku goods being announced recently, here's the newest:
Snow Miku; Snow Princess Ver. Nendoroid and figma!

Volks has also created a Snow Miku 2019 costume for Dollfie Dream:

Snow Miku 10th anniversary mini flags:
Collectible charms:
And lastly a non-Snow Miku prize figure from Taito:

2019 Racing Miku goods first sold at Comiket are now up for orders:

EDIT: Added items.

Last edited:

RabbitWhale39

Devout Mikuist
Apr 25, 2018
Snow Miku merch news! There's a lot of Snow Miku goods being announced recently, here's the newest:
Snow Miku; Snow Princess Ver. Nendoroid and figma!

Volks has also created a Snow Miku 2019 costume for Dollfie Dream:

Snow Miku 10th anniversary mini flags:
Collectible charms:
And lastly a non-Snow Miku prize figure from Taito:

2019 Racing Miku goods first sold at Comiket are now up for orders:

EDIT: Added items.
That Miku with the Space Invader is absolutely charming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)